Indiana HS football 2022

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Congratulations to Bluffton, winning first sectional since 1988 by beating their nemesis Eastbrook!

I can honestly say I never thought I would see us beat them in a sectional game. I spent my high school years watching them kick our butts seemingly every year. Even as recently as four or five years ago, I think they still would have smoked us. I'm amazed at how much this program has improved the last few years, and this team has come an incredibly long way from the team that got shut out by Northfield in week one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I saw Columbia City cam back to beat Leo in the sectional final in OT? Is CC gearing up to be the new North favorite?

They have quite a few schools to displace to be a favorite here in Northern Indiana.  CC has really never been a football school.  

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

4A in the north seems weak. 

The "south" has Roncalli, East Central, Ev Mem, and New Pal left. 4 real powers. 

NorthWood was probably the favorite to come out of the north. They had 4 players suspended last week after they were arrested for underage drinking. They lost last night to a team they had beaten 42-7 earlier this year. 

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

NorthWood was probably the favorite to come out of the north. They had 4 players suspended last week after they were arrested for underage drinking. They lost last night to a team they had beaten 42-7 earlier this year. 

I would say it was NorthWood, but New Prairie would have been a close second imo.

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There are 3 teams in the north with better records than either East Central or Memorial. Let the games play out before you make that statement 

Roncalli, New Pal, and EC are rated 10-12 points higher than anyone in the North. Thats a lot. 

Better records?

Edited by btownqb

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure what these points are that you are referring to. Three teams in the north have 1 loss. Let them play the games out before claiming southern superiority 

I did not realize that Roncalli and New Pal were in Southern Indiana?

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

East Central has a 4.5 hour bus ride on Friday. Wonder why they chose to play on a Friday instead of Saturday

Is there a reason they don't pick more central locations for games after sectionals?  Seems like a game that could be played in Bloomington.  I69 from Evansville and 74 to 37 from the other way. 

Edited by mrflynn03

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Is there a reason they don't pick more central locations for games after sectionals?  Seems like a game that could be played in Bloomington.  I69 from Evansville and 74 to 37 from the other way. 

Memorial hosts the Regional is the main factor, in terms of location, and I know Hurley won’t do a neutral field. However, East Central had the option to choose either Friday or Saturday to play on. Last year, they chose Saturday afternoon, my guess is that their coach is a Friday night guy. However, it does appear Bosse has a Craft Show all day Saturday too, so that might be the main cause 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1