Indiana HS football 2022

Castle Knights lose a tough game to Whiteland 21-7. Really close (14-7) for much of the game and Whiteland didn't put it away until the 4th quarter. Still a very good season for Castle.

Meanwhile, the Evansville area will be represented at State my perennial powerhouse, the Mater Dei Wildcats! They had a fairly easy time with Linton beating them 51-28.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUJoe said:

Carroll has done it, knocking off Hamilton SE 21-15.  And I can assure you, Carroll survived the most blatant, clownish attempt I think I’ve ever seen by officials to determine the outcome of a game.  Congratulations to Carroll.

Was there some kind of delay in that game, or just the refs screwing around? The Snider game started a half hour later, went to overtime, and still finished earlier than this one. 

Speaking of Snider, brutal way to end a season. They were up 21-14 in overtime against Valpo. Fourth and goal from the 8, Valpo's QB scrambles all over the place, slips out of a tackle near the 12, jumps over three defenders and reaches the end zone. Valpo got a 2 point conversion and won 22-21. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Was there some kind of delay in that game, or just the refs screwing around? The Snider game started a half hour later, went to overtime, and still finished earlier than this one. 

Speaking of Snider, brutal way to end a season. They were up 21-14 in overtime against Valpo. Fourth and goal from the 8, Valpo's QB scrambles all over the place, slips out of a tackle near the 12, jumps over three defenders and reaches the end zone. Valpo got a 2 point conversion and won 22-21. 

There was a long delay in the first quarter because, very unfortunately, a Hamilton SE defensive player was injured and had to be taken off the field in an ambulance.  The stretcher they initially tried to put him on wouldn’t work, so they ended up getting the hospital bed out to put him on.  Then, because of the cold, they gave each team 5 minutes to warm up again before they re-started the game.  I’d guess the whole delay took around 25 minutes.  I hope the Hamilton SE kid’s injury is not too serious, but it certainly did not look good.

Edited by IUJoe
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, IUJoe said:

Carroll has done it, knocking off Hamilton SE 21-15.  And I can assure you, Carroll survived the most blatant, clownish attempt I think I’ve ever seen by officials to determine the outcome of a game.  Congratulations to Carroll.

Heard some rumblings this morning. Was it that bad? Thing about HSE is I know a few kids on team....who used to be in Carmel schools but moved over there to get playing time. Similar to what Vinatieri and TY did with their kids w/ Zionsville.

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Heard some rumblings this morning. Was it that bad? Thing about HSE is I know a few kids on team....who used to be in Carmel schools but moved over there to get playing time. Similar to what Vinatieri and TY did with their kids w/ Zionsville.

Yes, it was that bad.  Play after play after play after play on Hamilton SE’s last drive.  It was pathetic.  And they still were only able to get a FG on that drive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Yes, it was that bad.  Play after play after play after play on Hamilton SE’s last drive.  It was pathetic.  And they still were only able to get a FG on that drive.

Been on both sides of that stuff. As a player way back when and as a fan. Nothing ticks me off more when you see blatant hosing.

Sorry, but I have to mention that my HS (in Ohio...sorry) last night won the division IV regional championship for the fourth time in five years.  They are 14-0 with ten shutouts and have scored 528 points while giving up 35 to opponents.  The senior class has a record of 49-3.  The Wyoming HS Cowboys play Steubenville in the state semi finals next Saturday.  Go Cowboys!!   😁

• Like 4

On 11/20/2022 at 9:38 AM, jv1972iu said:

Sorry, but I have to mention that my HS (in Ohio...sorry) last night won the division IV regional championship for the fourth time in five years.  They are 14-0 with ten shutouts and have scored 528 points while giving up 35 to opponents.  The senior class has a record of 49-3.  The Wyoming HS Cowboys play Steubenville in the state semi finals next Saturday.  Go Cowboys!!   😁

528-35 😳😳

14 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Mooresville boys hoops just did according to the Indy Star.  Was Merrillville also hit?

IHSAA put 2 of the coaches on probation and can’t participate for the entire summer per their Board release. Also, looks like they might have a pending IHSAA postseason ban too

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/110422_executive_committee_0.pdf

• Thanks 1