Indiana HS football 2022

My part of the state is not good at football.  Granted, I'm just a few miles from the Kentucky state line, which puts some restriction on this factoid.  But, as best I can tell, there is only ONE team within an hour's drive of me that is still alive in the state tournament (Providence in 1A).  And, for those not counting, there are 96 teams still left across the 6 classes in the tournament.  Columbus North, which the couple times I have been there is just about an hour's drive, would be the 2nd closest school remaining.     

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My part of the state is not good at football.  Granted, I'm just a few miles from the Kentucky state line, which puts some restriction on this factoid.  But, as best I can tell, there is only ONE team within an hour's drive of me that is still alive in the state tournament (Providence in 1A).  And, for those not counting, there are 96 teams still left across the 6 classes in the tournament.  Columbus North, which the couple times I have been there is just about an hour's drive, would be the 2nd closest school remaining.     

Hmmm, I wonder how many schools I could be to in an hour that are still in the tournament?

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would guess significantly more than 1.  

I know I can make it to 3 in that time.  I think I got a bunch that on the verge.  Warsaw, Co. City, and Northfield.  Carroll and NorthWood would be on the time line.  But I don't think I could count the Fort Wayne and Elkhart area schools.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just seemed odd Jasper would go for 2. Their kicking has always been pretty solid. 

The game was 21-16 after they scored and wanted to go for 2, and Memorial kept on stalling their drives. Also, Jasper was struggling too in the 2H and didn’t know if they would have another scoring chance. However, time management, turnovers proved beneficial for Memorial in the 4th Q

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

IU guy-- Darrin Ward is a good coach 

He has done a pretty good job at Boonville/Corydon Central. I remember Memorial’s OT loss to CC in 2011 during the Regionals. Ward was the perfect hire for the Pioneers since he has 7 seasons going .500+ or more plus a PAC championship in 2018. Also an undefeated regular season under his belt in a tough PAC conference 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Memorial at Boonville is going to be an intriguing matchup

Like to see how Memorial contains Boonville QB, the kid is a stud! Not only did he run roughshod over Reitz. he made a key interception late in the game.

On another note, let's give props to little Tecumseh HS in northern Warrick County! Their slogan is "Winville in Lynnville"! And it seems appropriate as the have a girls volleyball team that will be playing for a state championship. This will make this schools 4th time in 2022 that a team has either won or competed for a championship! How many high schools can say that? And not to mention, their football team is still undefeated in Class A!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Like to see how Memorial contains Boonville QB, the kid is a stud! Not only did he run roughshod over Reitz. he made a key interception late in the game.

On another note, let's give props to little Tecumseh HS in northern Warrick County! Their slogan is "Winville in Lynnville"! And it seems appropriate as the have a girls volleyball team that will be playing for a state championship. This will make this schools 4th time in 2022 that a team has either won or competed for a championship! How many high schools can say that? And not to mention, their football team is still undefeated in Class A!!

My cousins son was a starter on the Tecumseh baseball team this past spring. 

45 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

ike to see how Memorial contains Boonville QB, the kid is a stud! Not only did he run roughshod over Reitz. he made a key interception late in the game.

Should be a pretty interesting game plan for him since he has nearly 1000 yards rushing. However, it did sound like one of Reitz best pass rushers left the game early with an injury and didn’t return too. But I am worry with Boonville’s QB on both sides since he is quick and I think he is like 6’5