Indiana HS football 2022

Hatchet Hollow just got approval to install turf without having to raise taxes. It was built in 1938 as part of FDRs public works projects. It's unique in several ways.

The field has an east-west orientation which is great when the sun is setting during gametime.

The cement home stands are centered around the 30 yard line instead of the 50. The original locker rooms are built underneath the home stands which is pretty neat. Used to do a haunted house down there. 

There is an asphalt track that surrounds the field which gives players extra incentive to stay inbounds because tackling and landing on asphalt sure makes a Friday night.  

1edbf61a-d9ce-4f1b-bec7-9994b642bc05_1080_3000_Full.thumb.jpg.785c91435c81daf1c15ea1af0689529f.jpg5ee39db8da7df.image.jpg.d4ba58396a7513e1fd03da9a804e3486.jpg

Oh yeah, almost forgot, they lost last night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Hatchet Hollow just got approval to install turf without having to raise taxes. It was built in 1938 as part of FDRs public works projects. It's unique in several ways.

The field has an east-west orientation which is great when the sun is setting during gametime.

The cement home stands are centered around the 30 yard line instead of the 50. The original locker rooms are built underneath the home stands which is pretty neat. Used to do a haunted house down there. 

There is an asphalt track that surrounds the field which gives players extra incentive to stay inbounds because tackling and landing on asphalt sure makes a Friday night.  

1edbf61a-d9ce-4f1b-bec7-9994b642bc05_1080_3000_Full.thumb.jpg.785c91435c81daf1c15ea1af0689529f.jpg5ee39db8da7df.image.jpg.d4ba58396a7513e1fd03da9a804e3486.jpg

Oh yeah, almost forgot, they lost last night. 

I can hear the sarcasm 🤣

Glad to hear they're updating. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IUJoe said:

Columbia City scores a TD with 12 seconds left to beat FW Wayne 41-36.  Great game.

Always tough to get a read on those "lessor" SAC schools as to how good they really are.  They don't go out of conference until sectionals.  2 weeks ago Wayne put up 54 points in a loss to Homestead.  

Go Eagles!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I can hear the sarcasm 🤣

Glad to hear they're updating. 

Coin flip decisions aren't kick or recieve but do we face east or west at sunset. 

The grass surface has always been hard to maintain because all levels from pop Warner to high school use the field. Band, PE classes, ect. 

Hopefully they replace the track or get rid of it. Track and cross country use a nicer facility across town and the track at the football field isn't needed. I'd like them to bring back end zone bleachers too.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Coin flip decisions aren't kick or recieve but do we face east or west at sunset. 

The grass surface has always been hard to maintain because all levels from pop Warner to high school use the field. Band, PE classes, ect. 

Hopefully they replace the track or get rid of it. Track and cross country use a nicer facility across town and the track at the football field isn't needed. I'd like them to bring back end zone bleachers too.  

Our grass was an absolute waste of time, yearly. We've been turf for 5 or so years. 

We were on grass last night. I am happy we get the Semis at home :). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Always tough to get a read on those "lessor" SAC schools as to how good they really are.  They don't go out of conference until sectionals.  2 weeks ago Wayne put up 54 points in a loss to Homestead.  

Go Eagles!

It's impossible to know how any of them stack up against the rest of the state until playoffs start.  Based on just the four games last night, the conference looks pretty strong.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Better than a north-south orientation with the home bleachers facing west, which my high school had for decades before someone finally got the bright idea to build a bigger press box and put it on the opposite side. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How in the world didn't anyone notice that

I saw a game the other night where a team got 5 downs. A second down play was run to end the third quarter. The fourth quarter began with the down marker still saying it was second down. On 5th and 1, the offense gained a few yards to move the sticks. 

Last year, there was a sectional game in my area where a team called 4 timeouts in the fourth quarter. 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I saw a game the other night where a team got 5 downs. A second down play was run to end the third quarter. The fourth quarter began with the down marker still saying it was second down. On 5th and 1, the offense gained a few yards to move the sticks. 

Last year, there was a sectional game in my area where a team called 4 timeouts in the fourth quarter. 

That is ridiculous. I think I remember when Neb. scored on a 5th down play against Colorado 

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How in the world didn't anyone notice that

No idea, but that is the talk on GID, I guess CP is telling players they have practice tomorrow, but there is no procedure for a replay of a game apparently? Pretty confusing stuff going on, here is the Twitter post that started this:

Edited by Hoosierfan1901