Indiana HS football 2022

2 hours ago, rico said:

Whitko had their first score last night but fell just a tad short to Maconaquah...53-8.  I just found out yesterday that my 'Cats fired their HC earlier in the week.

One of life's often overlooked frustrations is when our high school alma-mater is not good at sports.  I live 10 minutes away from the high school I attended, which is different than the one my daughter does and my son did.

My alma mater does not have a football team, and i have not been to a sporting event there in many, many years, but i still follow their athletics program through the local newspaper. 

The programs that they do have are not particularly good.  Despite not actively supporting the programs that they do have,  a little bit of me dies each time the paper tells me they got whipped yet again.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

One of life's often overlooked frustrations is when our high school alma-mater is not good at sports.  I live 10 minutes away from the high school I attended, which is different than the one my daughter does and my son did.

My alma mater does not have a football team, and i have not been to a sporting event there in many, many years, but i still follow their athletics program through the local newspaper. 

The programs that they do have are not particularly good.  Despite not actively supporting the programs that they do have,  a little bit of me does each time the paper tells me they got whipped yet again.

Seems like yesterday when Whitko was a state champ in football...but it was '86.  Glory days.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Look out for North Devatur. They gave up their first points of the year tonight against Indy Lutheran. Senior laden team that I think can maybe make a run to Lucas Oil

I think they played Lapel tonight. It appears Lutheran will be waiting for whoever comes out of the deep south, in the semi state, which very well may be ND. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

We struggled again tonight. Won 27-22 

How do you guys match-up with Seymour and Indian Creek in your next two games?  I'm assuming you will be heavily favored against Silver Creek and Scottsburg to close out the regular season.  

Edited by 5fouls

On 9/17/2022 at 10:43 AM, 5fouls said:

How do you guys match-up with Seymour and Indian Creek in your next two games?  I'm assuming you will be heavily favored against Silver Creek and Scottsburg to close out the regular season.  

Sorry 5. I forgot all about this post.

We played well tonight. Held Seymour to 42 plays offensively, just couldn't get a stop in the end. 

SC vs BC 50/50

Edited by btownqb

Memorial beat Bosse, 54-14 in a controversial game behind the scenes according to some rumors on GID 

Vincennes took care of business against Harrison, 41-7

Jasper beats Central, 27-0

Mater Dei over North, 23-6

Reitz beats Castle, 41-10 to remain top of the SIAC. Reitz is currently playing their backup QB, Memorial has their hands full next week

1 hour ago, rico said:

@HoosierinbhamIn case you missed it:

Columbia City 49  New Haven 7

I had planned on attending but something came up.

The news of the night from the Fort was Fort Wayne North beating Homestead by the score of 50-49.  North had a kid that rushed for 305 yards on 26 carries.

Ouch!  That reminds of our senior year where we got cocky and CC lit us up 28-0 at our homecoming. Might start drinking earlier now. Thanks for the flashback. 🤣

Pretty impressive night for the North runner. Big win over Homestead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Ouch!  That reminds of our senior year where we got cocky and CC lit us up 28-0 at our homecoming. Might start drinking earlier now. Thanks for the flashback. 🤣

Pretty impressive night for the North runner. Big win over Homestead.

Yeah, I was going to go to check out that "hotshot" Bulldog WR....speaking of which I have heard nothing about him since the season started.