Indiana HS football 2022

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Is it a douche move to publish in the police reports?  Because that will happen too. 

I'm saying the cop is the real douche here. 

I just dont understand what the writer gains by publicly humiliating HS kids. I'm not in that business. You're asking a cop to break the law, but I'm not really interested in what the cop did. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I just dont understand what the writer gains by publicly humiliating HS kids. I'm not in that business. You're asking a cop to break the law, but I'm not really interested in what the cop did. 

Cops have discretion.  He could have left punishment up to the parents and coaches and been just fine. 

If the cop left well enough alone nobody would know anything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Neither did I. Cops in 2022 aren't sending the kids home, like its just not gunna happen. 

Just don't think its that much to ask write that article without naming the names. 

Good thing I'm not a cop then because I wouldn't be one for very long.  I'd fit in with the Super Troopers crew though. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Neither did I. Cops in 2022 aren't sending the kids home, like its just not gunna happen. 

Just don't think its that much to ask write that article without naming the names. 

The 4 named were 18.  Historically, in this country the age of 18 is deemed to be the cutoff for when someone reaches adulthood.  I don't consider the writer to be a douche because he named them.  it's part of the expectation of teh job.

Look at it this way.

• 18-year-old high school kid
  • 17-year-old college student.

the law says one is an adult and the other is not.  And, the distinction has nothing to do with their academic status. It's okay to question how adulthood is defined, but don't blame the writer for doing his job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The 4 named were 18.  Historically, in this country the age of 18 is deemed to be the cutoff for when someone reaches adulthood.  I don't consider the writer to be a douche because he named them.  it's part of the expectation of teh job.

Look at it this way.

• 18-year-old high school kid
  • 17-year-old college student.

the law says one is an adult and the other is not.  And, the distinction has nothing to do with their academic status. It's okay to question how adulthood is defined, but don't blame the writer for doing his job.

I'm 100% not cool with the writer for naming their names. The fact they're 18 doesn't change my opinion. If they weren't, that dude is getting sued. 

The article could have easily been written without names. EASILY

Edited by btownqb

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm 100% not cool with the writer for naming their names. The fact they're 18 doesn't change my opinion. If they weren't, that dude is getting sued. 

https://www.goshennews.com/sports/prep-football-northwood-routs-st-joe-advances-to-sectional-18-final/article_1c3d6772-5704-11ed-a31b-6f0f99044cda.html

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

So, let me ask you this because you seem hung up on the fact that they are high school students.  Which of the following should have their names printed in the paper.

• 18-year-old Sr. arrested for OWI in May, a week BEFORE graduation.
  • 18-year-old high school grad arrested for OWI a week AFTER graduation
  • 16-year-old high school drop-out arrested for armed robbery of a convenient store 

I'm trying to get an understanding on what is the deciding factor in your mind.  Is it age?  Is it whether they are high school students or not? 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

Similar to this discussion, something that really bothers me is when a kid gets booted from his original school team and ends up somewhere else the following year.  I'm not saying kids don't deserve a second chance, but most of the time, if they have reached the point of getting booted, it's for one of the following reasons.

• The kid has already used up multiple chances at the previous school.  At that point, what makes the new coach think things will change off the field.  
  • The kid's first violation (that he was caught for) was so significant that getting a second chance in high school athletics may not be the best form of rehabilitation. In many cases, a non-athlete committing the same offense may not get that second chance.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Bluffton High School

Probably the most fun I've ever had watching a Bluffton football game. Fake field goal touchdown with no time on the clock to end the first half, long touchdown drive to open the second half, followed by a surprise onside kick recovery and another long drive, a pick-six in the fourth quarter and a strip-sack to end the game. 

Tipton has an alarmingly high number of fans who shouldn't be allowed at high school sporting events. The refs who do games there don't get paid enough for what they have to hear. 

• Like 1