Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

10 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I have no problem walking back the 5 point play gift comment, and appreciate you pointing that out. But, just by percentages, we still shouldn't have been down 3 with the ball at the end (both Geo and Mulcahy shoot +70% from the line), and you also don't know where Mulcahy would have been on Parker's 3 that he hit to tie it up. Maybe poor rotation by his replacement was the reason PS was open. Idk. In the end, I guess none of it matters, since a loss is a loss is a loss and all that.

Well yeah, at the end it doesn't matter because we lost. Again. 

And now are backs are really against the wall for whatever remaining games we have. 

EDIT: And to add, we missed two bunnies a couple possession prior, and then Rob missed a tough contested layup right before that. We absolutely have to have those in that situation. As you've said at other points I believe, it shouldn't have even come down to that. 

Edited by KoB2011

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not angry at all. You seem to think we'd have a better discussion removing some people from this thread (I'm oblivious as to who you could be talking about...), so I'm curious what you think about those topics?

You are a coach, you nailed our late season collapse, so let's hear your perspective man. Isn't that a reasonable request since you want people that are actually taking the time to engage in a discussion about last nights game gone? 

i appreciate you wanting my opinion, but i really don't pretend to have the answers.  my personal opinion is that the same people dominate this board and come off very aggressive that they are always right and everyone else is a fool.  i'm not naming any names and i simply choose to not respond to their posts, etc.  nothing wrong with that right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really hope the following Hoosiers return:

Race (seems clear this is not likely)

Duncomb (not ready, but shows potential)

Bates

X

Geronimo (feel for this guy, he has shown a lot off the bench, but does not seem to reap reward as he should for such play)

Galloway

Leal

and then the 3 incoming of Banks, Hood-Schifino, and Gunn

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well yeah, at the end it doesn't matter because we lost. Again. 

And now are backs are really against the wall for whatever remaining games we have. 

Maybe it would help to put it like this. If, on senior night, in a must win game, at home, against a team that struggles on the road, you're in a position where you're counting on a bad pass from a veteran player, that then hits a ref, that then results in another veteran player getting a F2 and getting tossed, that then results in you still needing a 3 to tie the game ... well, you should probably look at what went wrong before that to put you in that situation. It's almost comical just writing all of that. 

Getting really tired of being in that whole "have to make a run in the BTT where we suck on an annual basis to make the NCAAT" position, too. It's like Groundhog's Day around here. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i appreciate you wanting my opinion, but i really don't pretend to have the answers.  my personal opinion is that the same people dominate this board and come off very aggressive that they are always right and everyone else is a fool.  i'm not naming any names and i simply choose to not respond to their posts, etc.  nothing wrong with that right?  

Why are you posting if it's not to share your opinion?

Is it just to call people out without naming names specifically like you do in almost every post you make these days? I don't personally care if you call me out by name, I'm not an idiot (and neither is the other person you're talking about). But please add something beyond just calling out the two of us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fundamentals said:

Bates

X

Geronimo (feel for this guy, he has shown a lot off the bench, but does not seem to reap reward as he should for such play)

Galloway

Leal

As do I. I think that returning group there with some portal help in the paint will be better than this years group. I believe Race can be a league MVP candidate. We do need to get a starter at the 5 with length and the ability to control the paint defensively in the portal. Not an easy task. Race and Jordan in the paint will be fine offensively but we need a "better than Durr" acquisition in the off season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Why are you posting if it's not to share your opinion?

Is it just to call people out without naming names specifically like you do in almost every post you make these days? I don't personally care if you call me out by name, I'm not an idiot (and neither is the other person you're talking about). But please add something beyond just calling out the two of us.

He is talking about me

8 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Bates

X

Galloway

Leal

I wasn't prepared to say the following 30 days ago but am now. Watching CJ Gunn this last month and seeing what we sorely need...wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him pushing Bates/Galloway/Leal next year for playing time if he can knock down the 3.

Even as a freshman. We had so many open looks last night so I know the sets our staff is creating works....we just aren't making shots. Again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

The shot went through the hoop with over 2 seconds left; there was way too much time to just get into him, he'd have gone right past him for either a layup or a dumpoff for an easy dunk. 

I'd have liked a little tighter coverage, but out of the options on that play a Harper pull-up was what I was most okay with. 

He hit the shot but he wasn't challenged at all.  Sure we can say 2 seconds is a lot of time but man, we gotta make an attempt to make the dude pass or turn or have a higher degree of difficulty.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

He hit the shot but he wasn't challenged at all.  Sure we can say 2 seconds is a lot of time but man, we gotta make an attempt to make the dude pass or turn or have a higher degree of difficulty.  

I totally agree we were too loose on him. I was just saying he had plenty of time to get all the way to the bucket if we were too aggressive (or we could have fouled him). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well DD is totally going off on the players today.  He said this is the dumbest team he had seen at IU and only one guy on the team knows how to play the game.  He said he hopes most of the players leave because you can't win with this group.

I'm not a DD guy or listener. I also don't think kids should be targets of radio guys either. I will say what I said earlier. All seem like good guys/kids...but a retooling of this roster is necessary. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I wasn't prepared to say the following 30 days ago but am now. Watching CJ Gunn this last month and seeing what we sorely need...wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him pushing Bates/Galloway/Leal next year for playing time if he can knock down the 3.

Even as a freshman. We had so many open looks last night so I know the sets our staff is creating works....we just aren't making shots. Again. 

This is what IMHO, most of the down trodden, fun sucker, knee jerk reaction, "Woodson isn't getting the job done in YEAR ONE" posters aren't taking into consideration. Woodson and Co. have a pretty impressive class of 3 players coming in next year. Quite frankly, IMO, guards (5*)Jalen Hood-Schifino and (3*) C.J. Gunn, and(4*) forward Kaleb Banks are most likely going to compete for someone's playing time next year, if not starting in some compacity. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I'm not a DD guy or listener. I also don't think kids should be targets of radio guys either. I will say what I said earlier. All seem like good guys/kids...but a retooling of this roster is necessary. 

My bad, @5fouls! If my opinion is even remotely aligned with DD's, then I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You know what sucks.  Being on a team Zoom call at work that, after business is taken care of, evolves into a discussion on sports streaming options.  At that point, the Rutgers fan on your team brings up last nights game.  His comment is then followed by someone else (not a Rutgers fan) mentioning that's five in a row for Rutgers over Indiana.  Not to be outdone, someone else has to bring up what the game does to the tournament hopes of both teams.

Yep.  That sucks, and I just lived it 15 minutes ago.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well DD is totally going off on the players today.  He said this is the dumbest team he had seen at IU and only one guy on the team knows how to play the game.  He said he hopes most of the players leave because you can't win with this group.

Well he's not wrong.  They should be playing in their jock straps.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder who Dan thinks that player is 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is what IMHO, most of the down trodden, fun sucker, knee jerk reaction, "Woodson isn't getting the job done in YEAR ONE" posters aren't taking into consideration. Woodson and Co. have a pretty impressive class of 3 players coming in next year. Quit frankly, IMO, guard (5*)Jalen Hood-Schifino and (3*) C.J. Gunn, and(4*) forward Kaleb Banks are most likely going to compete for someone's playing time next year, if not starting in some compacity. 

I repeat.  I support Coach Woodson fully.  Last night, it is my opinion we could have won the game if he did a few things differently.

That's why we come to message boards.  To discuss and share our opinion.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You know what sucks.  Being on a team Zoom call at work that, after business is taken care of, evolves into a discussion on sports streaming options.  At that point, the Rutgers fan on your team brings up last nights game.  His comment is then followed by someone else (not a Rutgers fan) mentioning that's five in a row for Rutgers over Indiana.  Not to be outdone, someone else has to bring up what the game does to the tournament hopes of both teams.

Yep.  That sucks, and I just lived it 15 minutes ago.

That's..... absolutely brutal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I totally agree and second that. DD wants to get a rise out of people and doesn't care who he steps on. I guarantee Woodson and Co. are fully aware that their hands are somewhat tied right now with both injuries and players not meeting expectations. You can see the disappointment and frustration when the camera zooms in on Woodson after a turn over, multiple missed free throws or a blown assignment.

He just has to continue to use what he has until he eventually gets want he wants.....

• Like 2