Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

19 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

DD wants to get a rise out of people and doesn't care who he steps on.

Yep. I'm also starting to understand why Scott posts the things he does, since he listens to that show. Two guys stuck in 1983 land, walking uphill both ways to school without any shoes on in the snow. Buncha soft players, I tell ya! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

Because Mulcahy gets the F2 and gets tossed - he's one of their better players, and he's generally been a pretty calm guy for the most part in his career. I get what you're saying that it's a wash with respect to FTs and we're in the same position down 3 with the ball, so point taken, but they still lost one of their starters, who did something uncharacteristic for him - it's like Race getting tossed. Add on the bad pass before that by Geo Baker, which was also uncharacteristic for him.

XJ just wanted to check the oil😳

7 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yep. I'm also starting to understand why Scott posts the things he does, since he listens to that show. Two guys stuck in 1983 land, walking uphill both ways to school without any shoes on in the snow. Buncha soft players, I tell ya! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time ...

Actually don't like DD and don't agree with him often. Well at least IU won games back in that time and we didn't lose very many home games.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well DD is totally going off on the players today.  He said this is the dumbest team he had seen at IU and only one guy on the team knows how to play the game.  He said he hopes most of the players leave because you can't win with this group.

Not even the dumbest team in the last 4 years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is what IMHO, most of the down trodden, fun sucker, knee jerk reaction, "Woodson isn't getting the job done in YEAR ONE" posters aren't taking into consideration. Woodson and Co. have a pretty impressive class of 3 players coming in next year. Quite frankly, IMO, guards (5*)Jalen Hood-Schifino and (3*) C.J. Gunn, and(4*) forward Kaleb Banks are most likely going to compete for someone's playing time next year, if not starting in some compacity. 

It could turn out that way, but I will believe it when I see it.  The best part of Indiana's season is the summer where we get videos of our guys showing off their muscles and tough workouts and every new guy is going to be an upgrade over the problems walking out the door.

The last time actual help arrived was about 7 years ago.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It could turn out that way, but I will believe it when I see it.  The best part of Indiana's season is the summer where we get videos of our guys showing off their muscles and tough workouts and every new guy is going to be an upgrade over the problems walking out the door.

The last time actual help arrived was about 7 years ago.

Well, technically... as of now.... we did upgrade over last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'll just say this...

If I were Dakich, I wouldn't want to run into Mike Woodson anytime soon...

Woodson has been on his show a couple of times this year. DD ripped the Colts all the time and Chris Ballard spent an hour in studio yesterday with DD.  I just think some guys have thicker skin than others and can have discussions even after disagreeing with each other

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Woodson has been on his show a couple of times this year. DD ripped the Colts all the time and Chris Ballard spent an hour in studio yesterday with DD.  I just think some guys have thicker skin than others and can have discussions even after disagreeing with each other

I think it's more like DD is full of shit and he tells those two that so they will go on his show. He has to be controversial, I do understand that. 

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I repeat.  I support Coach Woodson fully.  Last night, it is my opinion we could have won the game if he did a few things differently.

That's why we come to message boards.  To discuss and share our opinion.

Well said.  There are a lot of people who have been here for years.  For the most part, I don't find the other posters to be intractable.   There's the occasional person stuck on something.  Maybe sometimes that's me.  99% of our discussions are constructive and we can disagree just fine.  We aren't talking about world peace here.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is what IMHO, most of the down trodden, fun sucker, knee jerk reaction, "Woodson isn't getting the job done in YEAR ONE" posters aren't taking into consideration. Woodson and Co. have a pretty impressive class of 3 players coming in next year. Quite frankly, IMO, guards (5*)Jalen Hood-Schifino and (3*) C.J. Gunn, and(4*) forward Kaleb Banks are most likely going to compete for someone's playing time next year, if not starting in some compacity. 

I hope you’re right but that post seems like deja vu to me. 

Some were calling Bates a ‘pro’ in September and writing him to the starting line up (sheepishly raises hand). Lander was going to solve all our problems at point guard. Romeo was going to carry us on his back. 

Hope springs eternal. 

IMO, recruits come second to creating a culture and a system the players buy into. I’m not paying attention to recruits until we get a foundation laid. 

…actually recruiting may come third these days: after the transfer portal. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think it's more like DD is full of shit and he tells those two that so they will go on his show. He has to be controversial, I do understand that. 

I don't know...I listened to Dakich about 2 weeks ago after one of the 5 losses in a row, and he blistered the staff and the players...said it was the worst coaching he'd ever seen while watching IU basketball...

Now, I know Dakich wants listeners, and part of that is inciting his audience, but I'm pretty sure Coach Woodson isn't going to stand for some yokel saying stuff like that...

Just now, IUFLA said:

I don't know...I listened to Dakich about 2 weeks ago after one of the 5 losses in a row, and he blistered the staff and the players...said it was the worst coaching he'd ever seen while watching IU basketball...

Now, I know Dakich wants listeners, and part of that is inciting his audience, but I'm pretty sure Coach Woodson isn't going to stand for some yokel saying stuff like that...

He must not have seen himself when he was coaching IU basketball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I totally agree we were too loose on him. I was just saying he had plenty of time to get all the way to the bucket if we were too aggressive (or we could have fouled him). 

While true you play up tight...force him into your help defense. Race really isn't that great out on the perimeter. Obviously much better than he used to be he is not very fleet of foot. He gave up a layup a few minutes earlier and I know that was in the back of his mind no doubt...don't let this guy get around me....but you could tell Harper was slowing up and setting his feet he was going to shoot it. Much rather him try to go to the rack where Trayce would be waiting. Fact is our bigs just don't really move their feet very well. It's too late to do anything about and obviously we couldn't sub after our own made basket but Geronimo would have been a much better defender on that play because if Harper had made a move to get to the rim he has the athleticism to still challenge the shot. In the end that one play didn't beat us....we missed way too many opportunities the last 4 minutes before that.