Offseason 2022

12 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I was doubtful about his coaching.  Nothing wrong with doubting a coach who had never coached in the NCAA.  And he still hasn't won anything.  Great Leader, yes.  Great Recruiter, Sure seems like it.  Great College Coach, Time will tell.  Looking good though.  Going back and saying Told ya so is stupid and childish.  Its perfectly fine to have doubts about something when the evidence doesn't point either way.  This year will be telling.  I am not sure how much we upgraded our shooting, but we did add some really solid pieces to an already solid team.  Our defense is elite, we just need to find ways to get the ball in the bucket a higher percent.  We do that and we're gonna have a great year.  We fail to do that, and you're going to have people question his ability to recruit and coach the right type of kids with this much talent.

I wasn't happy with the hire when it happened.  I was not happy with how some of the games were coached and his substitution pattern.  But I believe he is leading us in the right direction.  If we keep moving up and forward, i will support him fully.  If we don't do any better than Coach Crean or Coach Miller, well, I will criticize him the same i did those coaches, if it warrants it.  But Praise should be give when due also, and i will do that too

I absolutely love this post and is exactly how I feel/felt.  

• Like 3

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Thanks, it wouldn't load for me. 

This is a non-IU guy calling out how good Woody is at drawing up plays. I've personally never been worried about him from an X & O standpoint but I know some have. 

I wondered.  Wouldn't embed for you but would for me?

Thanks for posting it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You know the steps before he possessed the ball don't count, right? He took two steps with the ball in his possession which is completely legal. 

Sorry, disagree. I think he took 3 steps after he had the ball.  But now days, it doesn't matter. The refs never call it on anybody that has a clear lane to the bucket. Just ask Zak Edey, or Jayden Ivey...

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You know the steps before he possessed the ball don't count, right? He took two steps with the ball in his possession which is completely legal. 

Yeah, it's hard for an older guy to watch hands and feet at the same time, but I only saw a couple of steps after he caught the ball.

...though I wouldn't call myself an authority on that unless you let me roll it back in slo-mo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, it's hard for an older guy to watch hands and feet at the same time, but I only saw a couple of steps after he caught the ball.

...though I wouldn't call myself an authority on that unless you let me roll it back in slo-mo.

I would call that a travel. As I saw it, he had his left foot down on the ground as the ball touched his hand, he then took one step with his right foot and then another step with his left at the rim. 

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Sorry, disagree. I think he took 3 steps after he had the ball.  But now days, it doesn't matter. The refs never call it on anybody that has a clear lane to the bucket. Just ask Zak Edey, or Jayden Ivey...

I disagree and the fact that we can’t be sure is exactly why it shouldn’t be called a travel.

I’d rather 50 travels go uncalled than h e something that isn’t a travel get called a travel. 

1 hour ago, MSHoosier said:

I would call that a travel. As I saw it, he had his left foot down on the ground as the ball touched his hand, he then took one step with his right foot and then another step with his left at the rim. 

I saw it that way too, but that’s not a travel. He gets two steps, and what you just described is two steps.

The foot being down as he catches it isn’t a step, it’s his foot being down already. 

• Like 2