Offseason 2022

28 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Coach Woodson is definitely loved by his players.

I also like that someone in that thread re-tweeted it to Liam McNeely - it's a recruiting advantage very few have.

True, which makes it kind of confusing to me that he mostly just acts like a closer in recruiting and makes his assistants do almost all of the contact. It seems like he should be talking to them more than he does and earlier in the process to build up relationships. He's obviously good at that with his players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

True, which makes it kind of confusing to me that he mostly just acts like a closer in recruiting and makes his assistants do almost all of the contact. It seems like he should be talking to them more than he does and earlier in the process to build up relationships. He's obviously good at that with his players.

I'm sure he is involved in more of the process than you think. That's a must in today's recruiting. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Who's to say that he doesn't? I'm sure he's in contact earlier, but the obvious truth is that he can't be everywhere, all at once. That's what assistants are for... there needs to be a hierarchy and system of evaluation/exclusion so that CMW isn't wasting his time.

But to agree on one thing, he is a damn fine closer because he does connect with most of his players on a solid level.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Who's to say that he doesn't? I'm sure he's in contact earlier, but the obvious truth is that he can't be everywhere, all at once. That's what assistants are for... there needs to be a hierarchy and system of evaluation/exclusion so that CMW isn't wasting his time.

But to agree on one thing, he is a damn fine closer because he does connect with most of his players on a solid level.

The recruits say he isn't. Several have commented about how they had only talked to CMW once or twice after several months of recruiting. Are the recruits just making it up?

24 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

The recruits say he isn't. Several have commented about how they had only talked to CMW once or twice after several months of recruiting. Are the recruits just making it up?

I don't know the answer to this, but is it normal for most recruits to be overly engaged with the head coach early on?

It certainly doesn't appear to be hurting us with the approach we are taking so I'm not upset by it. 

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

IIRC, Woody called Malik, and asked for a private workout, almost minutes after his recruitment opened back up (no ass'ts present). To me, that's engaged, esp for your priority targets.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:25 PM, Lurker said:

Emoni Bates' felony charges set to be dismissed next week and he'll be reinstated to the University.  In the deal he will plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge and that will be dismissed upon completion of a diversion program.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Emoni Bates' felony charges set to be dismissed next week and he'll be reinstated to the University.  In the deal he will plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge and that will be dismissed upon completion of a diversion program.

That'll teach him a lesson, for sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't think Wisconsin basketball people could be funny.  

In the next Wisconsin-Michigan handshake line... 

Howard: "Hey man, why's your media department making it look like we dating?"

Gard: "It was just a jo.."

<SMACK> 

Reservation at Outback for February 14th cancelled... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

That'll teach him a lesson, for sure.

I set the over/under until his next scrape at 4.5 months.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Trust me, they don't really care as much about illegal gun possession as you would think. 

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Heh Heh, he said More head. Then he said handle. 

Beavis and ButtHead

• Haha 6