Dylan Harper Commits to Rutgers

tdhoosier

If Harper knows that Liam, boogie, and queen come that might entice him to come to IU a lot more. With that being said I don’t know that NIL guys can pay for all 4 unless 4 rich NIL Guys can step up. I think they all probably will get close to same money IMO but I also could be way off base in my thinking so someone correct me if I’m wrong lol 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Any update on Dylan?

They mention his recruitment here. Sounds like he may do another round of visits to all his finalists(although they did not include IU in that). 

I believe it was mentioned this recruitment will likely go into the spring as Harper wanted to watch Rutgers perform this year. 

Also, pretty sure he wants to play PG, so if the recent rumors are true, Boogie coming here would close that door. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

He said today he’s still talking to IU. Hearing he might take another official. He’s not deciding until spring. 

He is still talking to IU. That said I don’t see him coming to IU. That said if IU lands some other guys like we think they will and if they have a successful season then who knows what could happen. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe there's any chance of Harper coming to Indiana. But I don't hate that we are still officially a finalist for the kid who was the number one recruit in the country until Flagg reclassed. Every time there's an article like this one, wondering where Harper will go, Indiana gets a mention and some praise for all to see.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I don't believe there's any chance of Harper coming to Indiana. But I don't hate that we are still officially a finalist for the kid who was the number one recruit in the country until Flagg reclassed. Every time there's an article like this one, wondering where Harper will go, Indiana gets a mention and some praise for all to see.

Couldn’t agree more. It can only help!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I honestly think he is just stringing us along with zero intention. I think his brother Ron is laughing too…

There’s no reason for IU to pursue him. Try and make a run at Perry or someone like him, get someone who wants to reclass, or wait for the spring at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ok.. but his little brother is REALLY good at basketball. Like... that trumps whatever RHJ allegedly did by A LOT. 

I posted about how they felt not to stir the pot, but to pose the possibility that maybe their feelings about Rutgers might change. After all Jr’s dislike of IU was during the Miller years. Seems a lot of us weren’t all that excited about how IU basketball presented itself back then.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I don't want anything to do with that family. Ron Harper Jr acted like he's Michael Jordan, everytime we played them.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

ok.. but his little brother is REALLY good at basketball. Like... that trumps whatever RHJ allegedly did by A LOT. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I'm sure that I could probably swallow my pride if we landed him. Lol.

Man, do I understand how you feel...RHJ acted like a punk and said it was because our fans disrespected him.  Feels like a chicken/egg thing...wonder which came first?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I posted about how they felt not to stir the pot, but to pose the possibility that maybe their feelings about Rutgers might change. After all Jr’s dislike of IU was during the Miller years. Seems a lot of us weren’t all that excited about how IU basketball presented itself back then.

....Do we even know if Coach Woodson still wants him and is staying in touch with him on a regular basis? We may be a distant memory to Harper. I would gladly take him if there was mutual interest. It just seems pretty cold if not "Artic". lol JMO....

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Man, do I understand how you feel...RHJ acted like a punk and said it was because our fans disrespected him.  Feels like a chicken/egg thing...wonder which came first?

I just don't take much from an individual when they're "in the arena". Especially one that's pretty young, and anything he did/allegedly did was pretty harmless in the grand scheme of life. 

Like.. how much do you think Rutgers fans love RHJ? The same reasons some of our fans don't like him are probably the same reasons their fans like him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

....Do we even know if Coach Woodson still wants him and is staying in touch with him on a regular basis? We may be a distant memory to Harper. I would gladly take him if there was mutual interest. It just seems pretty cold if not "Artic". lol JMO....

I imagine Woodson would take him if he wanted to come to IU and I know I would be happy with that. I don't know if they're still in contact with him but even if they are it doesn't seem like the staff is putting too much effort into it. Certainly not going to visit him a lot like they've done with McNeeley, Fland, and Queen. I suspect they know he isn't going to come here so they're not wasting time and resources.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

I imagine Woodson would take him if he wanted to come to IU and I know I would be happy with that. I don't know if they're still in contact with him but even if they are it doesn't seem like the staff is putting too much effort into it. Certainly not going to visit him a lot like they've done with McNeeley, Fland, and Queen. I suspect they know he isn't going to come here so they're not wasting time and resources.

that's my impression as well.  Feels like there's just enough effort put in to reopen the door if he decides to get out of NJ.  Easy decision as far as I'm concerned.🤣

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just don't take much from an individual when they're "in the arena". Especially one that's pretty young, and anything he did/allegedly did was pretty harmless in the grand scheme of life. 

Like.. how much do you think Rutgers fans love RHJ? The same reasons some of our fans don't like him are probably the same reasons their fans like him. 

Right! I mean, we all did a victory lap when Will Sheehey was flexing all over the Purdue crowd. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1