Dylan Harper Commits to Rutgers

tdhoosier

14 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

I’d say it’s 50/50 he’s gone. Unless he gets a guarantee from Purdue nil. I bet it takes every bit of 2 million to keep him. Good for him regardless. 

I wish him well in the NBA ASAP.  😉  Purdue is a totally different team if he goes and I think his loss drops their potential finish in the BIG by 5 spots, give or take.  (From the 2-3 range down to 7-8).

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I wish him well in the NBA ASAP.  😉  Purdue is a totally different team if he goes and I think his loss drops their potential finish in the BIG by 5 spots, give or take.  (From the 2-3 range down to 7-8).

Painter has earned the benefit of the doubt, but I have a hard time seeing how that team even makes it to the 7-8 range without Edey. He covers for so many of their faults all over the floor. Without him, I think a lot of warts are going to show through.

edit: I see now that you are saying in conference. I guess that's similar, but with a down year in the conference, that seems reasonable. I thought you were pegging them as a 7-8 seed, which I think is optimistic without Edey.

Edited by HoosierDom
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-five-star-guard-dylan-harper
https://www.insidethehall.com/2024-indiana-basketball-recruiting-board/

Article from last week from Rivals suggests we’ve jumped Duke for second place. Also looks like inside the hall update their hot board and he’s jumped to second. Would be incredible if the staff can pull it off. 

I want us to get this kid for multiple reason. 

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 2

Saw on BTB someone suggested an IU rivals writer is hearing its down to us and Duke. I don’t believe it but would be sweet (I personally think it’s Rutgers, Duke, and IU in that order). 

Really have to wonder how this recruitment would have gone had his older brother not gone to Rutgers/he not be from New Jersey. No chance he would have even considered Rutgers lol. 

FWIW, I occasionally see Ron Sr.’s tweets since he’s pretty active and he told one fan, “Woody is my guy but it’s Dylan’s decision”. 

I think if Woody and Ya can sell Dylan on writing his own story/creating his own legacy, we can pull this off. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Saw on BTB someone suggested an IU rivals writer is hearing its down to us and Duke. I don’t believe it but would be sweet (I personally think it’s Rutgers, Duke, and IU in that order). 

Really have to wonder how this recruitment would have gone had his older brother not gone to Rutgers/he not be from New Jersey. No chance he would have even considered Rutgers lol. 

FWIW, I occasionally see Ron Sr.’s tweets since he’s pretty active and he told one fan, “Woody is my guy but it’s Dylan’s decision”. 

I think if Woody and Ya can sell Dylan on writing his own story/creating his own legacy, we can pull this off. 

Its going to come down to NIL money.  Duke and IU are the only ones who can offer big time money.  I just don't see Rutgers being able to pony it up.  Even if they lead currently due to his brother going there.  Development to the NBA and NIL are Duke and IU by far.  

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its going to come down to NIL money.  Duke and IU are the only ones who can offer big time money.  I just don't see Rutgers being able to pony it up.  Even if they lead currently due to his brother going there.  Development to the NBA and NIL are Duke and IU by far.  

It’s like that idiot Kansas poster said Self has developed 29 NBA players Woody has 0. How many has Scheyer??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

It’s like that idiot Kansas poster said Self has developed 29 NBA players Woody has 0. How many has Scheyer??

Currently he has 2 from college and about 15 years of developing NBA talent at the NBA level LOL.  
I was never bullish on the Coach Woodson hire.  I thought it was luke warm at best and was vocal about it.  He needs to win at a higher clip, especically based on his age, but the man is a great recruiter up this point and has shown he can develop young men to be more ready for the NBA.  Getting more bullish by the month.  Go Hoosiers

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Rutgers are hoping it won’t come down to NIL. They still think they have enough. I don’t. They have 2 funds. The strongest is the fund for current players. The future one is not near ready from what many are saying. Rutgers fans say it’s a smear/negative recruiting thing.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

What is the point of a "silent" commitment? Never understood that. 

The only reason I can think of would be a kid who's really in love with a school/coach but still craves all the attention and adulation that goes along with official visits...

Disingenuous, sure...but as Norman Dale said, "You know, most people would kill to be treated like a god, just for a few moments."

• Like 1