Dylan Harper Commits to Rutgers

tdhoosier

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Country finding out that we didn't compete with Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas these past few decades because we couldn't, it is because we actually thought the rules mattered and didn't want to be a bunch of fudging cheaters.

For all of my dislike for some of what this version of NIL is doing, one good thing is that it is going to knock some of these arrogant programs off the pedestal that rests on a pile of cheating that most programs couldn't or wouldn't engage in.  Bill Self, Coach K, Roy Williams, John Calipari are the college basketball equivalent of Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds being juiced out of their mind.  "So exciting" but not as impressive as people doing it cleanly.  The playing field is going to level and we are in plenty good position to be one of those big boy programs again.  Our hands are no longer tied.

I would very much like to get Harper just so Rutgers can eat my a$$.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 5/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, btownqb said:

Wait wait wait... am I remembering correctly, STJ came and played here in 2021.... 

Didn't one of their players get treated pretty poorly by our fanbase because that player was dating TJDs ex? 

I'd almost bet thats one of the instances RHJ is referring to in that tweet. 

Just information. I prefer SSAH to be a nasty place to play... but imo, it's hard to get mad at opposing teams when they clap back. 

You mean sloppy seconds chant?

ever notice XJ is always in the middle of this ? 

On 5/16/2023 at 4:48 PM, IUCrazy2 said:

Country finding out that we didn't compete with Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas these past few decades because we couldn't, it is because we actually thought the rules mattered and didn't want to be a bunch of fudging cheaters.

For all of my dislike for some of what this version of NIL is doing, one good thing is that it is going to knock some of these arrogant programs off the pedestal that rests on a pile of cheating that most programs couldn't or wouldn't engage in.  Bill Self, Coach K, Roy Williams, John Calipari are the college basketball equivalent of Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds being juiced out of their mind.  "So exciting" but not as impressive as people doing it cleanly.  The playing field is going to level and we are in plenty good position to be one of those big boy programs again.  Our hands are no longer tied.

Could not agree more 

the shoe company colleges are a joke 

but now you and college hoops become the thing you detest 

13 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You mean sloppy seconds chant?

ever notice XJ is always in the middle of this ? 

I want him in the middle of it. I encourage it. I don't watch basketball/sports in glass slippers and I prefer the athletes I root for to not be lifeless choir boys. 

And yes, the sloppy seconds chant. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Could not agree more 

College sports, particularly basketball haven't been clean in my lifetime, I was born in 1990. NIL doesn't change that, the only issue I have is who funds it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

College sports, particularly basketball haven't been clean in my lifetime, I was born in 1990. NIL doesn't change that, the only issue I have is who funds it. 

Olympics 

World Cup 

D1 sports 

AAU 

all corrupt pro sports 

Are we the sheep who pour our money into these businesses?

On 5/22/2023 at 1:01 PM, Purdue7 said:

Could not agree more 

giphy.gif.bb1cb6a9fab5e3257f813901f4703b77.gif

Come on @bluegrassIU, do it. The crap this clown has been posting since we beat them has gone on long enough and it's honestly not fair to the good rival fans that come over to get grouped with him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

giphy.gif.bb1cb6a9fab5e3257f813901f4703b77.gif

Come on @bluegrassIU, do it. The crap this clown has been posting since we beat them has gone on long enough and it's honestly not fair to the good rival fans that come over to get grouped with him. 

I put him on ignore after I read his 2nd post. Works great.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DWB said:

I put him on ignore after I read his 2nd post. Works great.

I get that I probably should do that, but I don't like a butthole from Purdue coming on here and talking like that. We aren't breaking any rules with how we're operating, he's just a jealous mouth breather. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I get that I probably should do that, but I don't like a butthole from Purdue coming on here and talking like that. We aren't breaking any rules with how we're operating, he's just a jealous mouth breather. 

You can't fix stupid...so don't try. Move on and enjoy the "regular" conversation and debate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I say a prayer every night Edey stays in the draft just so we can watch the meltdown and fall of purdue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I say a prayer every night Edey stays in the draft just so we can watch the meltdown and fall of purdue.

But, but, but, how can he turn down $5 million dollars to go back to the paradise that is West Lafayette! ;) 

• Haha 1