Dylan Harper Commits to Rutgers

tdhoosier

Two legit reasons to have and use silent commitments…

1.) Said recruit wants to go to School X out of state. Knows he’s going to deal with a lot of flack with his HS Coaches, some family, friends, etc. If they silent till late in the process, they don’t have to deal with the kick back for weeks or months. But they want the spot. Plus the school’s coaches don’t want the kid to experience the pressure. Silent commits can change just as commits do tho.

2.) Maybe a stud RB/LB recruit (example), has been told and agrees “you’re likely going to be a LB but if you are a RB it’ll be full back.” But his verbal might scare away another RB recruit they want as a RB. Silent allows to improve odds of getting both and keeps other coaches from using that players commitment as negative recruiting. In basketball maybe a combo guard who won’t be a pure PG, so keeping him silent helps to land the PG they want because the truth is they don’t see them both as pure PGs but the PG might feel they do no matter what they say. Plus in the meantime, they can really solidify the relationship with the PG and earn the trust so that PG truly believes them.

There are legit reasons both sides could value a silent commitment.

Edited by BADGERVOL

Listen, I’m just passing along rumors/updates I find on the internet as this is a fan forum page and half the reason people come to this very site lol. Harper is my personal #1 target for IU and I would love nothing more than to see him come here. 

If Rabby had logged a crystal ball prediction for Trendon Watford to IU after a rumor that he verbally committed to the staff and had a dinner with them to celebrate, I don’t think it would be met with the same level of skepticism. 

I posted his insta comment to show that those rumors could be false and that our fans should continue to show love regardless (Flory with all the Cincy rumors months ago is a prime example of people misinterpreting a situation/how fluid recruiting is).

Anyway, he did a recent interview and said he planned to commit, “before or during his senior season”. If I’m interpreting that correctly, I believe that means he could be pushing his decision back (think he originally stated the decision would be after Peach Jam, which would be around early July). 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 3

On 6/18/2023 at 1:21 PM, Hoosierdave said:

Listen, I’m just passing along rumors/updates I find on the internet as this is a fan forum page and half the reason people come to this very site lol. Harper is my personal #1 target for IU and I would love nothing more than to see him come here. 

If Rabby had logged a crystal ball prediction for Trendon Watford to IU after a rumor that he verbally committed to the staff and had a dinner with them to celebrate, I don’t think it would be met with the same level of skepticism. 

I posted his insta comment to show that those rumors could be false and that our fans should continue to show love regardless (Flory with all the Cincy rumors months ago is a prime example of people misinterpreting a situation/how fluid recruiting is).

Anyway, he did a recent interview and said he planned to commit, “before or during his senior season”. If I’m interpreting that correctly, I believe that means he could be pushing his decision back (think he originally stated the decision would be after Peach Jam, which would be around early July). 

That isn't close to what happened, that's why it wouldn't be met with the same amount of skepticism. 

Two weeks ago, YOU posted it was down to us and Duke.

Then you came back and said Duke insiders are saying he silently committed to Rutgers. How would Duke insiders know what he told the Rutgers staff? It is more likely the Duke insider is making stuff up, their contact doesn't know what is going on so assumes it's bad, or just has been told Duke is out so they're making assumptions. We saw this a month ago with MM when people similarly had no clue. 

You posted social media links from random accounts to back up that he is a silent commit. 

So yeah, this is nothing like if Rabby posted something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

That isn't close to what happened, that's why it wouldn't be met with the same amount of skepticism. 

Then you came back and said Duke insiders are saying he silently committed to Rutgers. How would Duke insiders know what he told the Rutgers staff? It is more likely the Duke insider is making stuff up, their contact doesn't know what is going on so assumes it's bad, or just has been told Duke is out so they're making assumptions. We saw this a month ago with MM when people similarly had no clue. 

You posted social media links from random accounts to back up that he is a silent commit. 

1) I didn’t say it was down to Duke and IU. I literally said I saw on BTB a poster said the IU rivals writer was hearing it was Duke or IU and that I didn’t believe it. 

2) I showed a screenshot of the rivals writer that covers Rutgers recently logging his futurecast for Rutgers, and shared screenshots from people on Twitter from different fanbases talking about said rumor as an attempt to show that this could be a significant development and what the latest details were that everyone is hearing. I made the Rabby comparison with Trendon because the Rutgers coaching staff has a prior connection with the Harper family, and just like Rabby, it wouldn’t surprise me if they get info directly from people close to the staff/family. 

3) This whole site is full of anonymous people sharing info they hear/see. Some people prefer it that way so that they can protect their sources and continue to get meaningful info. Trilly Donovan was just a random Twitter poster who now everyone relies on for recruiting tidbits (this includes Rabby because I see that he follows him on Twitter). I don’t see people jumping down Trillys throat asking him for receipts and proof when he spills intel. 

4) I followed up on that futurecast post and shared the video interview with Dylan he did even more recently and literally used Flory as an example that sometimes people can clearly misinterpret a situation and that recruiting is fluid. The transfer portal is another prime example of people getting info one day, and something a completely different in less than 24 hours. 

90C7B1B8-4BEB-4DA8-9DDE-4E153B377A1B.png

5A274097-CC53-4175-9562-63D78D075263.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

1) I didn’t say it was down to Duke and IU. I literally said I saw on BTB a poster said the IU rivals writer was hearing it was Duke or IU and that I didn’t believe it. 

2) I showed a screenshot of the rivals writer that covers Rutgers recently logging his futurecast for Rutgers, and shared screenshots from people on Twitter from different fanbases talking about said rumor as an attempt to show that this could be a significant development and what the latest details were that everyone is hearing. I made the Rabby comparison with Trendon because the Rutgers coaching staff has a prior connection with the Harper family, and just like Rabby, it wouldn’t surprise me if they get info directly from people close to the staff/family. 

3) This whole site is full of anonymous people sharing info they hear/see. Some people prefer it that way so that they can protect their sources and continue to get meaningful info. Trilly Donovan was just a random Twitter poster who now everyone relies on for recruiting tidbits (this includes Rabby because I see that he follows him on Twitter). I don’t see people jumping down Trillys throat asking him for receipts and proof when he spills intel. 

4) I followed up on that futurecast post and shared the video interview with Dylan he did even more recently and literally used Flory as an example that sometimes people can clearly misinterpret a situation and that recruiting is fluid. The transfer portal is another prime example of people getting info one day, and something a completely different in less than 24 hours. 

90C7B1B8-4BEB-4DA8-9DDE-4E153B377A1B.png

5A274097-CC53-4175-9562-63D78D075263.png

That looks photo shopped. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why are you trying to call out people that are trying to relay information they are seeing/hearing and not even trying to pass it off as their own. It is up to you to take that information and get a hard on or take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Why are you trying to call out people that are trying to relay information they are seeing/hearing and not even trying to pass it off as their own. It is up to you to take that information and get a hard on or take it with a grain of salt. 

You’re probably not the best person to talk to anyone about calling people out. Still waiting for you to actually make a prediction on Gunn instead of just calling people out on what they think.

And I didn’t call anyone out. I just disagree with how the info is being presented and what it means. I’m not following anyone around harassing them with pettiness. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, Madison22 said:

From Rivals today:  "The smart money is on Dylan Harper landing at either Indiana, Rutgers, or Duke."

With this Indiana coaching staff, I like our chances.

Also on Rivals, this fun tidbit:  "John Calipari’s future as Kentucky's head coach is more in doubt than it’s ever been."

https://images.rivals.com/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/zdh2k7kjfqfzzv6d5sti

His buyout makes removing Calipari basically impossible…not to mention you would be firing the man that gave him that contract….yikes it would be expensive I’d imagine.

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I find it difficult to believe that Steve Pikiell and Rutgers offer all that much to the number 1 recruit?!

Same.  Miami OH offers about the same appeal.  Just because dad or brother went to one of these meaningless schools means real close to nothing imo.  I would be shocked and feel sorry for the kid for making such a poor business decision if he goes to Rutgers.  I'm ringing up all the blue bloods and seeing what's the pitch.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Same.  Miami OH offers about the same appeal.  Just because dad or brother went to one of these meaningless schools means real close to nothing imo.  I would be shocked and feel sorry for the kid for making such a poor business decision if he goes to Rutgers.  I'm ringing up all the blue bloods and seeing what's the pitch.  

I agree. I can think of way more times little brothers pick their own school than times they follow suit, especially when they wouldn’t even overlap with their brothers.

Watfords, Rivers, Zellers…

• Like 1