HSN Fantasy Football

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:
  • What pick did you make is your favorite?
  • What pick did you make that you wish you had over?
  • Which one of your fellow drafters do you have a beef with because they snagged a guy you were about to take?

I loved my Garret Wilson pick and Drake London. I think Wilson is going to be a top 5 WR this year and London top 10.

I can’t say I regret any picks but I wouldn’t have minded another veteran running back over someone. Not sure who.

The two potential times I was worried about having beef were avoided when Goedert fell to me in the tight end run in the middle of the draft and then @KDB took Gainwell over McKinnon.

Side note: I got a D+ draft grade from Yahoo and I am just not seeing it.

IMG_2529.thumb.png.eadc626801fcd04e59ef802fee1af8c1.pngIMG_2530.thumb.png.566e445ab16dd294f7b37cdda7b97146.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I loved my Garret Wilson pick and Drake London. I think Wilson is going to be a top 5 WR this year and London top 10.

I can’t say I regret any picks but I wouldn’t have minded another veteran running back over someone. Not sure who.

The two potential times I was worried about having beef were avoided when Goedert fell to me in the tight end run in the middle of the draft and then @KDB took Gainwell over McKinnon.

Side note: I got a D+ draft grade from Yahoo and I am just not seeing it.

IMG_2529.thumb.png.eadc626801fcd04e59ef802fee1af8c1.pngIMG_2530.thumb.png.566e445ab16dd294f7b37cdda7b97146.png

I like rookie backs, I'll take one off your hands.

18 hours ago, trc said:

It looks like Yahoo Chatgpt loves stacks...lol

It simply loves when you pick guys later than their ADP. It’s crap for sure. If a guy goes 50 who was ranked by them at 30 it will think it is awesome….doesn’t even matter if the guy is out for the season…there is no context. It also overvalues running backs. I always get bad grades. Check this team out for example in one league…yahoo game me a D.

Mahomes

D Adams

T Higgins

J Jeudy

T Kelce

M Sanders

R White

J Williams

R Penny

DJ Moore

M Pittman

E Moore

S Moore

J Sanders (k)

Washington 

who knows who will win the league with injuries etc but that’s a stacked team…and to say that is a D draft is dumb.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell you what for other PPR leagues that you guys are in....after watching some of it last night Antonio Gibson in rounds 8 or beyond looks pretty good. Looking back at it I should have snagged Gibson in 8 or 9 before starting the handcuff stuff.

I got Gibson in HSN2.  May be starting him Week 1, pending J. Taylor's situation.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I got Gibson in HSN2.  May be starting him Week 1, pending J. Taylor's situation.

I would. JT isn't going to happen and there is no way to ramp up football shape inside of 21 days. With Washington playing Arizona should be ample chances of running and dump downs....I've got some drafts coming up and I'm moving Gibson up a little. 

• Like 1

Fantasy Football Question of the Day...

Do you prefer adjusting your team via trade or by use of waivers and free agency?

My answer:  I'm more comfortable hitting the waiver wire.  It's hard to find a trade partner that is willing to do something that's equally beneficial.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Do you prefer adjusting your team via trade or by use of waivers and free agency?

My answer:  I'm more comfortable hitting the waiver wire.  It's hard to find a trade partner that is willing to do something that's equally beneficial.

You could take Kev’s approach and just offer awful trades hoping the recipient is drunk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Waiver wire. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

You could take Kev’s approach and just offer awful trades hoping the recipient is drunk. 

This is the exact reason why I said waiver wire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Always the wire. Your core (3-4 picks) should stay the same but the league winners are sitting on the waiver pile right now. Just have to wait and hope you strike it rich. That's why I'm going to be a little more cautious this year on waiver wire initially. Want to make my turn really count.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Same here.  Not sure I can think of a trade I have made where I didn't regret it later.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I’m comfortable working trades. A waiver pick up is typically a spot start at best. The wire is going to be picked over and if the guy is that good a player he would be drafted or I likely won’t be high enough the wire priority to get him. 

Trades are really the only way to effect your starting lineup…maybe you trade depth or maybe you trade a star who is struggling or one that is selling high but that’s the best way to infuse life into your team.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Lol…we’ve all accidentally hit the wrong button once in fantasy…but yes I had a guy spam worst player on his team for best on mine all year (2-3 times a week) just hoping I might accidentally hit yes. He even admitted to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

That's what it generally looks like at first until games start and we find players that breakout of the gate with good games and were overlooked.

In a good league you better hope you have high priority. Not saying injuries etc won’t cause a break out player…sure will..relying on luck of the waiver wire to me is too passive. You have to be creative and really build trust in your league but you can make trades happen.  Same time a guy loses a star player from injury maybe you have a replacement for him…and maybe that means you can upgrade another of your positions. Draft the best…and stay active. I’m pretty confident there are players on my bench that will become more valuable than any on the waiver wire as the season progresses…either to me or someone else.