HSN Fantasy Football

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is a pretty good list of league winner players that were available on the wire most of last year. Additionally Kenneth Walker singlehandedly helped me to high points.

Tons of talent on the waiver right now.

https://www.si.com/fantasy/2023/01/17/waiver-wire-year-review-2022-league-winners

There will be guys…not sure that list was reflective of our league (12 team)…but if you identify someone you need to be agressive to go get them…and wire priority is huge. Of course you need to also not drop the league winner while trying to pick up the next one you think will help you as well. Don’t know how many times that’s happened to me. One week I think I’m getting the next big thing and two weeks later the guy I drop is the hot commodity because of change in circumstance. 

• Like 1

Fantasy Football question of the day:

It's the Monday night game on the week of your Fantasy League championship.  You are in the championship round of the fantasy league.

Your favorite team NFL team is playing.  As fate would have it, the RB on the team opposing your favorite team is on your fantasy team.

3 seconds left in game.  Your favorite team is currently winning by 5 points, but the opponent has the ball 4th and goal on the 2 yard line.  They run the ball with your Fantasy RB and score the winning TD.  But, wait, there is a flag on the play!

If the TD stands, you win your fantasy league, but your favorite team loses. 

While waiting for the call, is your brain hoping the flag is on the offense so your favorite team wins?  Or, are you hoping it's on the defense so you win your fantasy league championship?

No hedging.

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Fantasy Football question of the day:

It's the Monday night game on the week of your Fantasy League championship.  You are in the championship round of the fantasy league.

Your favorite team NFL team is playing.  As fate would have it, the RB on the team opposing your favorite team is on your fantasy team.

3 seconds left in game.  Your favorite team is currently winning by 5 points, but the opponent has the ball 4th and goal on the 2 yard line.  They run the ball with your Fantasy RB and score the winning TD.  But, wait, there is a flag on the play!

If the TD stands, you win your fantasy league, but your favorite team loses. 

While waiting for the call, is your brain hoping the flag is on the offense so your favorite team wins?  Or, are you hoping it's on the defense so you win your fantasy league championship?

No hedging.

I will always prefer a Colts win to a fantasy win. 

However, if we’re talking about a championship and the Colts are out of playoff contention, I’ll take the W. 

Im sure that’s the type of hedging you were thinking of, but in my mind it’s two distinctly different situations. 

Edited by Parakeet Jones
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2023 at 3:09 PM, Seeking6 said:

Ok Thanks! There was a move I thought about making for waiver tomorrow but to keep in line with board rules and stuff I won't say it.

Quick follow up @5fouls considering your move today. Murray was the guy I was referencing on Monday when I asked the above. Only reason I didn't do it is I want to keep P1 on waiver wire but I'd strongly suggest to others for other leagues to get him and put him on Pup list. Easy stash.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick follow up @5fouls considering your move today. Murray was the guy I was referencing on Monday when I asked the above. Only reason I didn't do it is I want to keep P1 on waiver wire but I'd strongly suggest to others for other leagues to get him and put him on Pup list. Easy stash.

Given how many injuries I typically have..I’m pretty sure my IR will be full most the season. Probably not worth adding someone to it right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Given how many injuries I typically have..I’m pretty sure my IR will be full most the season. Probably not worth adding someone to it right now.

Understand. I've done a draft in only one other league so far but in that league adding PUP guys don't make you go to the end of the line on waiver wire.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had been thinking about him as well.  What I wasnt sure about was whether there were waivers this week.  Would not have used a waiver claim on him, but he was showing as a free agent today.

My hope is he stays out until a couple of weeks before Mahomes bye so I dont have to drop anyone until I see how things are playing out with my bench.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I had been thinking about him as well.  What I wasnt sure about was whether there were waivers this week.  Would not have used a waiver claim on him, but he was showing as a free agent today.

My hope is he stays out until a couple of weeks before Mahomes bye so I dont have to drop anyone until I see how things are playing out with my bench.

We'll see how things play out but with smaller benches the waiver wire will be busy. Just trying to see how long I can hold onto 1st selection. I see a few guys in there right now I like but not ready to bite yet.

• Like 1

Small request for all players.  If you are offered a trade and you decide to Reject it, provide an explanation as to why in the space provided on Yahoo.  This can help the requestor plan for a more suitable offer in future trade requests, and will provide some insight for those that may be newer players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Small request for all players.  If you are offered a trade and you decide to Reject it, provide an explanation as to why in the space provided on Yahoo.  This can help the requestor plan for a more suitable offer in future trade requests, and will provide some insight for those that may be newer players.

If I reject any offers without explanation it means dude....the season hasn't started yet. Check back in October. Haha.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If I reject any offers without explanation it means dude....the season hasn't started yet. Check back in October. Haha.

I'd add - I'm inclined to give an explanation if I'm open to negotiation, but sometimes I'm not open to it. Could be for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd add - I'm inclined to give an explanation if I'm open to negotiation, but sometimes I'm not open to it. Could be for a variety of reasons.

That's kind of what I'm getting at.  Regardless of what you offer me, I'm not trading Kelce to you.  I'm not open to negotiation.  If I respond by saying 'I'm not trading Kelce regardless of the offer', it prevents you coming back tomorrow with a different package.

As another example, say you offer me Pacheco straight up for Antonio Gibson.  I could simply click 'Reject' and be done with it.  However, it''s not that I wouldn't trade Gibson.  It's because I already have Mahomes and Kelce and don't want any more Chiefs.  If I just click the 'Reject' button, you don't know that and may include Pacheco in another trade offer.  If I provide the reason, you know that and won't offer Pacheco to me any more.

Another thing I like to tell people is that I don't like 3 for 2 or 4 for 3 type deals.  However, I will consider 2 for 1 if it involves a star player.  But, usually the best deals involve an equal number of players from each team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That's kind of what I'm getting at.  Regardless of what you offer me, I'm not trading Kelce to you.  I'm not open to negotiation.  If I respond by saying 'I'm not trading Kelce regardless of the offer', it prevents you coming back tomorrow with a different package.

As another example, say you offer me Pacheco straight up for Antonio Gibson.  I could simply click 'Reject' and be done with it.  However, it''s not that I wouldn't trade Gibson.  It's because I already have Mahomes and Kelce and don't want any more Chiefs.  If I just click the 'Reject' button, you don't know that and may include Pacheco in another trade offer.  If I provide the reason, you know that and won't offer Pacheco to me any more.

Another thing I like to tell people is that I don't like 3 for 2 or 4 for 3 type deals.  However, I will consider 2 for 1 if it involves a star player.  But, usually the best deals involve an equal number of players from each team.

Definitely depends on what I need. I like 2-1 deals a lot…both ways. Sometimes I’ll trade my star and sometimes I’ll trade for a star…but that’s my favorite deal. I don’t generally want to swap teams with people and I can’t start my whole team so why do I need a bunch of avg guys for my star. But like I said. I’m struggling and I want to at least make the playoffs then I may move off a star to get two starters or maybe I think I have a shot at it all…I’ll move depth for a star. 1-1 or 2-1…anything more and well you are probably wasting time.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

If anyone just has too many stars, i'm open to taking one off your hands :)

I’m always open to listening. Might not say yes but I much prefer active leagues than no action. I’ve traded first rd picks several times…I’m not really attached to guys…if the move will help me and I see value in it…well I’ll consider it.

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've never been a fan of Jeudy's for fantasy.  Always been more of a Sutton guy.  But, I still hate for anyone to get hurt.

Last couple I was a Sutton guy…more so because of TD/red zone targets…but with how Russ loved to use Lockett I felt he would be more comfortable with the underneath stuff…then with Payton this year and the short passing game I really thought Jeudy would take off. Go figure!

• Like 2