HSN Fantasy Football

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Parakeet Jones @mrflynn03 @btownqb @B_A @NotIThatLives @ephul; @ATX_sig @iuswingman @Indykev @dgambill @Seeking6

Okay.  Now that the draft is over. I would like to hear from you Champions Leaguers.  Doesn't have be tonight or tomorrow, but sometime this week it would be interesting to hear what you think.  

• What pick did you make is your favorite?
  • What pick did you make that you wish you had over?
  • Which one of your fellow drafters do you have a beef with because they snagged a guy you were about to take?

Here are my initial thoughts to get things going.

• My favorite pick?  Taking Mahomes in the 2nd round.  With the 7th pick, I wasn't going to get the top WRs, and was happy to see Kelce fall to me. Once that was done, I knew I was not only not getting a top WR, but wasn't getting one of the Top RBs either, so I said, what the heck, let's just pair them up and have super elite at both positions and ride high when the Chiefs are rolling.
  • My least favorite pick?  Samaji Perine in the 10th round.  I was in Cincy watching the Reds all weekend and did not realize Javonte Williams looked so good in the Broncos preseason game.  Never figured Perine would be the long-term starter in Denver, but thought he might get 3-4 weeks early in the season with a 50/50 split.   Doesn't sound like that will happen.  It may still turn out to be a good pick, but one probably best made a round or two later.  
  • I'm mad at:  @iuswingmanfor taking Da'Von Achane two picks in front of me in Round 14.  Though that could be a steal for me and I literally cursed you when it happened. Honorable mention to @B_A for taking Zach Charbonnet two spots in front of me in Round 11.  I really wanted him there.

If it makes you feel any better, i got achane because yahoo gave him to me when i timed out. 

Every time I was going to take a TE, someone beat me to him.  Was going to take Kelce in the first round and was 2 picks too late.  Then had a few other TEs in my queue and without fail someone took them before it was my pick.   Now i just have to hope goedert is past his injury woes.

• Like 3

I was disappointed when I saw I was picking first, but it worked out much better than I hoped. I have too many players picked out of my que by someone else to mention. That’s just the nature of having such a long wait between picks like you do at either end of the draft. I’m still trying to decide who my favorite pick is. I never really had that feeling so someone falling to me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

If it makes you feel any better, i got achane because yahoo gave him to me when i timed out. 

Every time I was going to take a TE, someone beat me to him.  Was going to take Kelce in the first round and was 2 picks too late.  Then had a few other TEs in my queue and without fail someone took them before it was my pick.   Now i just have to hope goedert is past his injury woes.

If I don't get Kelce, Goedert is my next preferred TE at where he is typically drafted.  

58 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I was disappointed when I saw I was picking first, but it worked out much better than I hoped. I have too many players picked out of my que by someone else to mention. That’s just the nature of having such a long wait between picks like you do at either end of the draft. I’m still trying to decide who my favorite pick is. I never really had that feeling so someone falling to me. 

Yours is one of the rosters I'm most jealous of.  Especially your starters,  Jefferson (of course), Harris, Engram, and Watson are all players that I had targeted going in.  Of course,  my draft position made Jefferson a no go, and after getting Kelce, Engram didn't make sense.  But, I would have loved if Harris and Watson had fallen to me.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My goal going in was to go RB/RB in the first 2 rounds.  But, I could not turn Kelce down at #7.  The computerized expert even told me #7 sucked, but I knew that anyway.  With that draft slot, I felt I was already chasing points, so grabbing Kelce and Mahomes seemed like a path that would help me start with a higher floor than anyone else each week (Except #10 when they are on bye).

Surprised to see you take Pollard first as you usually wait on RBs.  

I think your draft would be a pretty good best ball draft from where you were…that said managing your wrs and rbs weekly will be a tall task. It might go great or you may have scoring left on the bench if you pick to start the wrong guys. But you should have a pretty big advantage at those two spots for sure each week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Same…Andrews went before me and then Hockenson just never made it back to the back around the turn. I hate being at the end of the round because it’s so long between picks you can never guess how long a guy will last. After those two TE it’s a bunch of meh so I just waited it out. Same thing happened with qbs…you miss the 3-4 top guys and then you hit a tier and it doesn’t matter much. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think your draft would be a pretty good best ball draft from where you were…that said managing your wrs and rbs weekly will be a tall task. It might go great or you may have scoring left on the bench if you pick to start the wrong guys. But you should have a pretty big advantage at those two spots for sure each week.

Yeah, agreed.  But there's only so much that can be done from the 7 slot.  If Kelce had not been there, I would have taken Chubb, Bijan, or Barkley in the first round and either Henry or Taylor in Round 2 and stayed on the RB/RB plan.  But, Kelce is just that guy I can't let slide when he's there and I'm picking in the middle of the first round.  Fingers crossed this team is good enough to make the playoffs, and then anything can happen with those two leading the way.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yours is one of the rosters I'm most jealous of.  Especially your starters,  Jefferson (of course), Harris, Engram, and Watson are all players that I had targeted going in.  Of course,  my draft position made Jefferson a no go, and after getting Kelce, Engram didn't make sense.  But, I would have loved if Harris and Watson had fallen to me.  

Yep…picking first it just can’t be argued is pretty nice. I had it last year. Like everything you can’t have injuries with your top guys but you should have plenty of talent from that spot. You did well I thought.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, agreed.  But there's only so much that can be done from the 7 slot.  If Kelce had not been there, I would have taken Chubb, Bijan, or Barkley in the first round and either Henry or Taylor in Round 2 and stayed on the RB/RB plan.  But, Kelce is just that guy I can't let slide when he's there and I'm picking in the middle of the first round.  Fingers crossed this team is good enough to make the playoffs, and then anything can happen with those two leading the way.  

I think it is the Mahomes pick I might question more than Kelce. Hard to argue Kelce from where you were at. I tried a bunch of mocks and I never got any from where I drafted. Latest I got was 7 and Kelce was who I took as well. Don’t get me wrong…Mahomes will light it up for you…and you get the stack effect like @Indykev so it’s still good. Just makes construction hard the rest of the way.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

I think on paper I like @Parakeet Jones team the best. However there are 4-5 other teams that look really solid too.

On the surface today mine is either going to hit or I'll be chasing the wire all year. Does Lawrence find Ridley a lot or does Kirk keep the connection they have? Does Baker Mayfield find Godwin or Evans or are the Bucs a dumpster? 

Lot of unknowns for me. Much more than I like. Of course everything is out the window when the injuries start.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Same…Andrews went before me and then Hockenson just never made it back to the back around the turn. I hate being at the end of the round because it’s so long between picks you can never guess how long a guy will last. After those two TE it’s a bunch of meh so I just waited it out. Same thing happened with qbs…you miss the 3-4 top guys and then you hit a tier and it doesn’t matter much. 

I had to take Hock there because I thought no way you would let him slide. Of course the same happened to me on a few picks including QB's which is why after Herbert was gone I decided to just say screw it and wait. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I believe in Kelce so much and have for so long....I'm picking 4th and 5th in 2 other drafts coming up and I'll be taking my man there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had to take Hock there because I thought no way you would let him slide. Of course the same happened to me on a few picks including QB's which is why after Herbert was gone I decided to just say screw it and wait. 

Oh I get it. I took the chance you had a late TE draft strategy and it didn’t pay off. I couldn’t pass up on Olave there….and I was like Hockenson or Ridley will get back to me and then you broke my heart back back both those guys! I wanted to wrap up my wr or TE there anc that was my most disappointing part of the draft.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Oh I get it. I took the chance you had a late TE draft strategy and it didn’t pay off. I couldn’t pass up on Olave there….and I was like Hockenson or Ridley will get back to me and then you broke my heart back back both those guys!

I typically do. If I can't Kelce I'd just wait for someone who is TD dependent....but changed up with Hock. Hope it works.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I believe in Kelce so much and have for so long....I'm picking 4th and 5th in 2 other drafts coming up and I'll be taking my man there. 

Hope all that partying this offseason doesn’t come back to bite him. I think 7 is the right spot for him but that’s just me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think on paper I like @Parakeet Jones team the best. However there are 4-5 other teams that look really solid too.

On the surface today mine is either going to hit or I'll be chasing the wire all year. Does Lawrence find Ridley a lot or does Kirk keep the connection they have? Does Baker Mayfield find Godwin or Evans or are the Bucs a dumpster? 

Lot of unknowns for me. Much more than I like. Of course everything is out the window when the injuries start.

I'm voting for Lawrence and Kirk to keep their connection.  😁

From what I've heard about the Bucs, you should expect to get more out of Godwin than Evans, at least early in the season.  

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I'm voting for Lawrence and Kirk to keep their connection.  😁

From what I've heard about the Bucs, you should expect to get more out of Godwin than Evans, at least early in the season.  

Hope so on Godwin. He's another one of my guys (Kelce, Pollard, Adams) that I've had for so long that I just try to get them on my team no matter what. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had Kelce 4th on my board and would have taken him at any point after that if he was there.  I have him in a keeper league as well and will absolutely be keeping him.  Going to be a different world once he starts slowing down.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so on Godwin. He's another one of my guys (Kelce, Pollard, Adams) that I've had for so long that I just try to get them on my team no matter what. 

I think Godwin is a high floor low ceiling guy…with those qbs I can’t see them throwing for a lot of TDs and I think Evans will be the red zone guy….Godwin will be 20-20 guy. However seeing how crappy a great receiver like DJ Moore suffered under Mayfield I don’t have a lot of hope for TB offense. Just hope that they trade guys into a good situation and tank for Caleb Williams.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Oh. I know he will.  I said that in jest because Kirk is my WR4.  

Kirk at 7th round  was a steal. I was trying to get him. People forget he was WR12 last year....and on your team I think he'll who move past Hopkins quickly.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1