HSN Fantasy Football

Just now, KDB said:

I am in far too many leagues each year. Like 10. I have managed for HSN to be my worst literally just about each year since we started doing it. I'm changing that this year (hopefully). Lol

Well, I would hope none of your other teams have been as bad as HSN.  :coffee:

Just now, Drroogh said:

How come I draft first, I have no clue what I’m doing and was hoping to see how it works!

Either click on a player that you see on the list.  Or, if you don't see the player, type in their name on the search bar.  Once you select a player, it puts it in your queue and then you click 'Draft' or maybe i's 'Select'.  If you put someone in your queue that somebody else selects, the 'Draft/Select' button will dissappear and you have to choose someone else.

@Drroogh @PAHoosier @BeerBQ @trc @rico  @KoB2011 @KDB @HoosierDPU95 @Steubenhoosier @Indykev @Sagamore

Okay, going to ask the HSN2 group to complete the same exercise as I did for the Champions League.  Now that the draft is over. I would like to hear from you.  Doesn't have be tonight or tomorrow, but sometime this week it would be interesting to hear what you think.  

• What pick did you make is your favorite?
  • What pick did you make that you wish you had over?
  • Which one of your fellow drafters do you have a beef with because they snagged a guy you were about to take?

Here are my initial thoughts to get things going.

• My favorite pick:  Kelce at #6 in the first round is my favorite, but that is too obvious.  So, I'll go with Christian Watson in Round #6.  Going Kelce/Mahomes to start, I'm starting behind on RBs and WRs, so I have to take some chances.  JT in the 3rd has potential to be a steal, but could also be a giant pile of manure.  After getting Godwin in Round #5 as my WR1, I wanted some upside for WR2, and Watson is a perfect fit.  Jordan Love has apparently had a great camp at QB and Watson supposedly has entrenched himself as the #1 in GB.  Honorable mention getting Brandin Cooks in the 10th.
  • My least favorite pick:   Could be J. Taylor in the 3rd, but have to wait and see how that plays out.  Right now it's probably J. Addison in the 8th.  He's missing time in camp with a concussion and he obviously will take a healthy back seat to Jefferson in Minnesota.  Probably should have taken a safer bet for my 3rd WR.  But, getting Cooks in the 10th round makes me feel better.  I can assume Addison is my WR5 even though I picked him as WR4.
  • I'm mad at:  Noone actually.  I originally got mad at @KoB2011 for taking Jahan Dotson in Round 8, but it turned out to be kind of a good thing because I ended up taking A. Gibson in the 9th round, and I would not have wanted two Commanders.  I needed the RB help more than the WR help.  

How about the rest of the group?  What are your thoughts on how your draft went?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Boy am I in trouble lost track of my picks and don’t even have a kicker? Then going back I think both QBs have the same bye?

Anyway best pick obviously is JJ

Wish I had a kicker 

Nobody as I was just winging it anyway!

You can pick up a kicker.  I don't have a defense and that is intentional.  I'll wait to see if anyone I drafted gets hurt in preseason and then move that player to the injured list.  If no one gets injured, I'll just drop someone and pick up the defense before Week 1.

If both QBs do have the same bye, you can always drop one of them and pick up another one with a different bye.

• Thanks 1

My favorite pick was #6 Tyrek Hill, I believe this this is the year he will be the #1 WR (granted I know Tua has to stay healthy to make this a reality but at least he has been working on protecting himself better)

My least favorite pick was round 6 when I opted for David Montgomery instead of taking Darren Waller. I was thinking Waller would fall back to me in the top of the 7th round. Hindsight, I should have done the picks in reverse and I think I would have had them both. Waller should have a big bounce back year as he will be a fav target of Daniel Jones.

My team is strong at WR, time will tell about my QB's and RB's.

Overall, Yahoo said my draft sucked so I guess we will see

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, trc said:

My favorite pick was #6 Tyrek Hill, I believe this this is the year he will be the #1 WR (granted I know Tua has to stay healthy to make this a reality but at least he has been working on protecting himself better)

My least favorite pick was round 6 when I opted for David Montgomery instead of taking Darren Waller. I was thinking Waller would fall back to me in the top of the 7th round. Hindsight, I should have done the picks in reverse and I think I would have had them both. Waller should have a big bounce back year as he will be a fav target of Daniel Jones.

My team is strong at WR, time will tell about my QB's and RB's.

Overall, Yahoo said my draft sucked so I guess we will see

FWIW, I got Montgomery in the 8th Round last night in the Champions League draft.  So, you're hindsight about reversing the two may be spot-on

On 8/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, 5fouls said:

@Parakeet Jones @mrflynn03 @btownqb @B_A @NotIThatLives @ephul; @ATX_sig @iuswingman @Indykev @dgambill @Seeking6

Okay.  Now that the draft is over. I would like to hear from you Champions Leaguers.  Doesn't have be tonight or tomorrow, but sometime this week it would be interesting to hear what you think.  

• What pick did you make is your favorite?
  • What pick did you make that you wish you had over?
  • Which one of your fellow drafters do you have a beef with because they snagged a guy you were about to take?

Here are my initial thoughts to get things going.

• My favorite pick?  Taking Mahomes in the 2nd round.  With the 7th pick, I wasn't going to get the top WRs, and was happy to see Kelce fall to me. Once that was done, I knew I was not only not getting a top WR, but wasn't getting one of the Top RBs either, so I said, what the heck, let's just pair them up and have super elite at both positions and ride high when the Chiefs are rolling.
  • My least favorite pick?  Samaji Perine in the 10th round.  I was in Cincy watching the Reds all weekend and did not realize Javonte Williams looked so good in the Broncos preseason game.  Never figured Perine would be the long-term starter in Denver, but thought he might get 3-4 weeks early in the season with a 50/50 split.   Doesn't sound like that will happen.  It may still turn out to be a good pick, but one probably best made a round or two later.  
  • I'm mad at:  @iuswingmanfor taking Da'Von Achane two picks in front of me in Round 14.  Though that could be a steal for me and I literally cursed you when it happened. Honorable mention to @B_A for taking Zach Charbonnet two spots in front of me in Round 11.  I really wanted him there.

I guess my favorite pick was McCaffery.  I think Justin Fields will have a big year. And I picked up Metcalf and Lockett again. 

But, I forgot to get a TE and defense so I'm already on the waiver wire. 

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I guess my favorite pick was McCaffery.  I think Justin Fields will have a big year. And I picked up Metcalf and Lockett again. 

But, I forgot to get a TE and defense so I'm already on the waiver wire. 

You can offer me a trade package for Kelce.  I'll turn it down, but you can offer.  😁

• Like 1

Fav pick- Dalvin Cook in the 7th round 

I have been Uber critical of the Colts taking AR as their franchise quarterback, yet Itook himself as my QB2. I am a hypocrite with a capital H!

I did not pay attention and thought we had 15 rounds so did not pick a kicker.

I graded at B-, which means nothing and believe those graded with A’s are gonna suck it up 😛😛😛

• Like 3