HSN Fantasy Football

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Going to attempt to get some conversation going in this thread with a 'Question of the Day'.

Today's Question:

• If you miss on the top 8-10 QBs in a 12-team league, would you draft Anthony Richardson as your QB1?

No. No proof, all potential. Without Taylor, running game is suspect. Who knows how line is going to play this season.

Cousins is amazingly consistent....look at his statistics for the last few seasons. Never ranked in the top 12 pre-season, always ends up in the top 12 when the season is done. Would also consider Jones and possibly Goff over Richardson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No. No proof, all potential. Without Taylor, running game is suspect. Who knows how line is going to play this season.

Cousins is amazingly consistent....look at his statistics for the last few seasons. Never ranked in the top 12 pre-season, always ends up in the top 12 when the season is done. Would also consider Jones and possibly Goff over Richardson.

I'm in a 2 QB league (10 teams).  It's a keeper, so I'm not going to get a chance at a top tier guy.  I have to throw both of my starters from last year back in the pool (Jackson and Lawrence) in order to keep Jefferson, Kelce, and McCaffrey.  I hope to be able to redraft Lawrence, but will need a 2nd and then a 3rd as backup.  My initial thought was to shy away from Richardson, but saw how he was moving up the draft boards and am curious to see what others think.

Thanks for your responses.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Going to attempt to get some conversation going in this thread with a 'Question of the Day'.

Today's Question:

• If you miss on the top 8-10 QBs in a 12-team league, would you draft Anthony Richardson as your QB1?

yes...the 8-10 rushing TD's will off set his bad pick's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Fantasy Football question of the day.  

Your league offers roster spots for both Kicker and Team Defense.  If you are only able to draft an elite option for one of those positions, which would it be?

I won a league a couple of years back because in the first 5-6 weeks of the season, the New England defense scored me over 15 points each game. I think one week they scored something like 27. I feel like kickers pretty much cancel each other out most weeks.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2023 at 6:37 PM, 5fouls said:

@Indykev; @Seeking6; @btownqb; @dgambill; @ephul; @Parakeet Jones; @iuswingman; @NotIThatLives; @B_A; @mrflynn03; @ATX_sig

Don't forget the Champions League draft this Sunday.

@Indykev; @KDB; @Steubenhoosier; @BeerBQ; @rico; @PAHoosier; @KoB2011; @trc; @HoosierDPU95; @Drroogh; @Sagamore

Don't forget the draft for HSN is next Monday.

If you know you will be auto-drafting, please try and let the group know in advance.

Thanks!

What’s auto-drafting? That’s what you get for letting someone like me on board!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

What’s auto-drafting? That’s what you get for letting someone like me on board!

If you are unable to actually be online for the draft at the scheduled time, Yahoo has a process where the 'computer' will pick your team for you.

For the most part, it does okay.  You just may not get players you like/want.  And, sometimes it will do something illogical.  A couple of years ago in one of our leagues the computer drafted two QBs for the player.  That's fine.  It gives you a backup if your starter gets hurt or is on bye.  Problem is the computer drafted two QBs that were both on bye the same week.

The main thing with the auto draft is that it slows the draft down.  Yahoo gives us one minute between picks.  But, if we are picking for ourselves, we rarely take that long.  We have an idea about who we want and what positions we need.  The computer, however, will take the full 60 seconds every time.  If 4-5 of us are auto drafting, the draft drags out.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you are unable to actually be online for the draft at the scheduled time, Yahoo has a process where the 'computer' will pick your team for you.

For the most part, it does okay.  You just may not get players you like/want.  And, sometimes it will do something illogical.  A couple of years ago in one of our leagues the computer drafted two QBs for the player.  That's fine.  It gives you a backup if your starter gets hurt or is on bye.  Problem is the computer drafted two QBs that were both on bye the same week.

The main thing with the auto draft is that it slows the draft down.  Yahoo gives us one minute between picks.  But, if we are picking for ourselves, we rarely take that long.  We have an idea about who we want and what positions we need.  The computer, however, will take the full 60 seconds every time.  If 4-5 of us are auto drafting, the draft drags out.

Doing some research it seems there is a way to preselect players for the auo-draft if the first player on your list isn’t available it goes to your next name! Seems kinda weird because what if the next player is a position you’ve already filled? I might just go this way and see what happens. Can’t be any worse than me selecting on the fly!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I hope it is a minute. I just did a mock draft on Yahoo and they only allowed 30 seconds between picks, which was too fast for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Doing some research it seems there is a way to preselect players for the auo-draft if the first player on your list isn’t available it goes to your next name! Seems kinda weird because what if the next player is a position you’ve already filled? I might just go this way and see what happens. Can’t be any worse than me selecting on the fly!

Boom done! Hopefully having a preselected list I won’t slow everyone down!🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Fantasy Football question of the day.  

Your league offers roster spots for both Kicker and Team Defense.  If you are only able to draft an elite option for one of those positions, which would it be?

Kicker.....but I also stream D/ST most of the year until around week 11 or so and start getting my teams for playoffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

It will only pick players until all your spots are filled…depending on the position player you have ranked highest. My suggestion is don’t put any defense or kickers on your auto list. Put a TE and qb well down your list so it will fill in your rb and wrs first before moving to those position groups. It’s honestly a horrible way to draft because you can’t adjust on the fly but if you want a zero rb draft then start your auto list with lots of receivers at the top of your ranking. Good luck!

On 8/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, Indykev said:

yes...the 8-10 rushing TD's will off set his bad pick's

I always felt if I ran my league the best way to offset bad qbs from being good in fantasy was to increase the negative pts for interceptions. First would be -2 and each additional would increase at a rate of 2. So instead of a guy throwing 3 tds and 3 picks netting 12pts would be only 6pts because each pick would multiply. I hate rewarding bad qb play because the guy got a bunch of garbage time points after he played like poo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I always felt if I ran my league the best way to offset bad qbs from being good in fantasy was to increase the negative pts for interceptions. First would be -2 and each additional would increase at a rate of 2. So instead of a guy throwing 3 tds and 3 picks netting 12pts would be only 6pts because each pick would multiply. I hate rewarding bad qb play because the guy got a bunch of garbage time points after he played like poo.

It's a tough one to balance for sure. We've tried in one of my leagues to figure it out but we've always come back to players draft guys and know the consequences of garbage time stuff.

Like this year. I'll use Nico Collins for example. #1 WR for Texans and right now ADP is about 170 range in most PPR leagues. They will likely be down in almost every one of their games but is he worth a 13th-14th round pick?? I sure think so. I think he's a perfect player for garbage time points especially in a PPR league.

• Like 1