HSN Fantasy Football

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Everyone, I will take the fab idea back to the Commissioners and revisit.  Everything so far has been slightly to strongly against.  Are there any out there that prefer FAB?   If not, we're certainly trending towards dropping the idea.

It's interesting.  It's the only way I know and the way we we do it in my money league.  

Both ways take some strategy.  I would say the rotation style is more luck than strategy.  I prefer strategy so in that case, I'd vote FAB.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I also wanted to let everyone know that we are considering piloting a new waiver approach in HSN2 this season.  In, HSN2, instead of having waiver claims be based on a rolling waiver priority as is in the past, for HSN2 waivers we are tossing around the idea of having a waiver 'budget' to use while making waiver claims. Basically, the way to would work is that every league member would be given a set budget of 'house' money (say $100) to use on waiver claims throughout the year. 

Now, envision a scenario in Week 3 where Derrick Henry goes down for the season.  His backup, rookie Tyjae Spears ascends to the #1 RB spot for the Titans.  Since the Titans QB and WR options are below average, the expectation is they will still be a run first offense with Spears in the backfield.  Assume that Spears is not currently on a roster and will certainly be claimed on waivers.  

In rolling priority approach, the waiver priority is based on the idea that whoever made the most recent waiver claim is priority #12, while the dude that has not made any claims yet is Priority #1.  Everyone else falls in between based on when they last made a waiver claim.  With the FAB (budget) approach, however, it's based on who has the money available, and how much money you are willing to spend.  

In this example, assume Henry was on my team and I desperately need his replacement.  Let's say the bids are @KDBat $25, @rico at $20, and @5fouls at $3.  KDB wins the bid and gets Spears.  Why would I only bid $3 in that scenario since I am the one who lost Henry?  Turns out I already blew $97 of my budget the prior week on a claim to replace my starting kicker.  Assuming this was the first waiver bid that KDB won this season, he has $75 left to last the rest of the year.  Rico gets his $20 back for his failed bid.  And, I still have that $3 to use for the rest of the season, and virtually no hope of getting a decent claim because I blew my budget on a kicker.

So, that's the general concept of how it would work, but we wanted to let those of you in HSN2 know in case you see it in the League settings and have questions.  The thought is we would Pilot in HSN2 this year, and depending on how it goes, possibly consider it for Champions League next season. Or, depending on feedback, we could revert HSN2 back to the old way next year.  Or, we could just keep then different going forward.  

While Champions League will keep the rolling priority in place this season, The waiver window has been reduced from 2 days to 1 day.  That will allow more players that are dropped by one team late in the week to be eligible for pickup by another team in time to play Sunday.

I would suggest that in the future these kinds of things were disclosed/ decided on prior to sending out league invitations. Thus folks would know what they’re getting into before committing to play 

Edited by Steubenhoosier

No FAB this season.  The only significant changes to the rules from last year is the addition of a 3rd IR spot and the waiver window dropping from 2 days to 1 day.  

Otherwise:

• Full point PPR
  • 14 active roster spots (exclusive of IR)
  • Bonus points for 300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, and 100 yards passing
  • 6 teams make playoffs (bye for top 2)
  • You're not allowed to draft players I want

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

ephul

ATX_sig

B_A

I need your Emails to send the invite from 2 of you. The one of you who already signed up, go change your team name to your name here so I know who you are. One person I sent an invite to needs to sign in please. So I can keep track at who I need to address here. Thank you. Its like herding cats around here....:coffee:

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

No FAB this season.  The only significant changes to the rules from last year is the addition of a 3rd IR spot and the waiver window dropping from 2 days to 1 day.  

Otherwise:

• Full point PPR
  • 14 active roster spots (exclusive of IR)
  • Bonus points for 300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, and 100 yards passing
  • 6 teams make playoffs (bye for top 2)
  • You're not allowed to draft players I want

If we don't know who you want then who do we know who to draf....avoid?

On 7/16/2023 at 9:27 PM, Indykev said:

ephul

ATX_sig

B_A

I need your Emails to send the invite from 2 of you. The one of you who already signed up, go change your team name to your name here so I know who you are. One person I sent an invite to needs to sign in please. So I can keep track at who I need to address here. Thank you. Its like herding cats around here....:coffee:

Still waiting on you guys, lets go.

20 hours ago, Indykev said:

JORDAN HOWARD 2016 PANINI IMMACULATE JERSEY AUTOGRAPH AUTO #D 60/99 INDIANA - Picture 1 of 1

DONATING THIS CARD FOR THE WINNER OF THE HSN2 LEAGUE. NICE CARD.

20 hours ago, Indykev said:

2016 Immaculate Coll. Sudfeld/Latimer/Jordan Howard/Coleman JERSEY Indiana /99  - Picture 1 of 1

DONATING THIS CARD TO THE WINNER OF THE CHAMPS LEAGUE. GIVE US SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR. A COOL CARD FOR IU FANS.

Wow that’s cool! I’d settle for simply a special avatar pic or whatever is next to the names lol.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Wow that’s cool! I’d settle for simply a special avatar pic or whatever is next to the names lol.

i'LL shrink it down so you can do that. They look like birds or ghost shadows to me. I need to get it under a microscope...lol

• Haha 1

Looking for advice on a keeper league I am in.  Full point PPR.  I won the regular season last year, but lost in Championship game

26 man roster. Start 2QB; 2RB, 3WR; 1TE; Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, & 2DB with a 10-man bench.

I get to keep 3 offensive players and 3 defensive players.  Obviously, training camp injuries could change things.

Key Offensive Players on Roster

• QB:  L. Jackson and T, Lawrence
  • RB: C. McCaffrey and R. Stevenson
  • WR: J. Jefferson, A-Ra. St, C. Godwin
  • TE: T. Kelce

Keeping Jefferson is a no brainer.  Almost have to keep Kelce until he shows sign of slipping, don't I?  So, that leaves me 1 more keeper.  McCaffrey would seem to be the obvious choice.  But, given his injury risk, do i keep someone else and redraft McCaffrey if the opportunity arises?  A healthy McCaffrey is no worse than RB3.  Assume for a second it's not McCaffrey, I really think St. Brown ready to explode.  I think I'm okay redrafting QBs.

What should I do?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Looking for advice on a keeper league I am in.  Full point PPR.  I won the regular season last year, but lost in Championship game

26 man roster. Start 2QB; 2RB, 3WR; 1TE; Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, & 2DB with a 10-man bench.

I get to keep 3 offensive players and 3 defensive players.  Obviously, training camp injuries could change things.

Keeping Jefferson is a no brainer.  Almost have to keep Kelce until he shows sign of slipping, don't I?  So, that leaves me 1 more keeper.  McCaffrey would seem to be the obvious choice.  But, given his injury risk, do i keep someone else and redraft McCaffrey if the opportunity arises?  A healthy McCaffrey is no worse than RB3.  Assume for a second it's not McCaffrey, I really think St. Brown ready to explode.  I think I'm okay redrafting QBs.

What should I do?

Yeah Kelce and Jefferson are locks…two best at their position and I see no reason it will change. 

Id keep McCaffery…SF will run the ball a lot and use the short passing game a lot more this year with the QB situation still as it is. Just maybe see if you can get Mitchell later on as a hand cuff. I do think Jackson and Lawrence will be top 10 this year but I think you can redraft them or at minimum there will be qbs put back as most won’t keep 2.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What should I do?

Jefferson, Kelce, and CMac (handcuff w/Eli) in that order. Stevenson was looking great until Zeke showed his overweight interest there. Hate to lose A-Ra or even Godwin but that's what I would do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah Kelce and Jefferson are locks…two best at their position and I see no reason it will change. 

Id keep McCaffery…SF will run the ball a lot and use the short passing game a lot more this year with the QB situation still as it is. Just maybe see if you can get Mitchell later on as a hand cuff. I do think Jackson and Lawrence will be top 10 this year but I think you can redraft them or at minimum there will be qbs put back as most won’t keep 2.

Glad someone else is thinking the same on Eli....he's one of 4-5 handcuffs that are league winners this year. 

On 7/28/2023 at 9:51 PM, 5fouls said:

What should I do?

I think you have to keep at least one of the QBs in a start two QB league. Their value is much more significant in those leagues. Is this 10 or 12 team?

• Like 1