HSN Fantasy Football

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Imagine for a minute that your auto-draft selects J. Taylor and J. Jacobs for you in the first two rounds........

You just know it's going to happen. Probably throw a side of Cook in there unless he signs with Jets soon. Guess we have a month to figure it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

2 weeks from today for the Champions League draft.  

2 weeks and a day for the HSN2 draft

What's everyone's draft position preference?  Early (1-4), Middle (5-8), or Late (9-12)?  

I'm leaning towards late as being my preferred position. 

Some unique strategies from all over the place. I've always typically preferred late so I can dictate the draft at the turns but lately I've found myself ok wherever. Prefer anywhere around 5 and on this year. Most of that though isn't based on my 1st round pick but who I'm targeting in 2nd this year. 

All things being equal (injuries especially) having the first pick is an advantage. Snake draft still highly favors those with early picks (if you make good decisions). Positional value and player value are always to your advantage because you get first crack. I feel most people don’t team build well so a good drafter can overcome picking at the back end and a lot depends on those early picks staying healthy but all things equal you pick early you will have an advantage. I feel the turn at rd 2 and 3 is a much bigger difference in quality as it drops off quite a bit around 20-25 playerwise and then you get into another tier of players. If you are picking 30-31…you are going to see a bigger difference in my mind. Most of my league winners (reg season) baring a catastrophic injury bug have had the winners pick from the top 3 positions.

• Like 1

Some guy on the Sirius Fantasy Football channel mentioned today that regardless of your draft position, their research showed that 30% of all ff production comes from the first two picks. You have to nail those selections or get lucky that later round picks really exceed expectations. Missing on either of the first two picks and hoping you hit the lottery is a recipe for failure 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Some guy on the Sirius Fantasy Football channel mentioned today that regardless of your draft position, their research showed that 30% of all ff production comes from the first two picks. You have to nail those selections or get lucky that later round picks really exceed expectations. Missing on either of the first two picks and hoping you hit the lottery is a recipe for failure 

I believe it.  Strangely enough, though, recent history shows that the consensus #1 pick has been a letdown, if not an outright bust, many times in the last few years.  Taylor last season, McCaffrey the year before.  I heard it was somethin like 4 out of the last 5, have produced well under expectations.  

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I believe it.  Strangely enough, though, recent history shows that the consensus #1 pick has been a letdown, if not an outright bust, many times in the last few years.  Taylor last season, McCaffrey the year before.  I heard it was somethin like 4 out of the last 5, have produced well under expectations.  

You can add in the Leveon Bell year at Pittsburgh, probably another CMC year, David Johnson, Saquon, and at least 1-2 years AP was #1 overall and finished outside top 25......I detest the first pick.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just to be clear, I meant each team's first two picks. Don't know if I originally made that clear.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

A few years ago, on here, I took Lamar Jackson with one of my first 2 picks...thank God I had Herbert as my back-up.

16 hours ago, rico said:

A few years ago, on here, I took Lamar Jackson with one of my first 2 picks...thank God I had Herbert as my back-up.

I had Lamar as my QB1 in a 2QB league last year.  He carried me early in the season.  T. Lawrence was my QB2.  At the end of the year, I was having to start Desmond Ridder in Lamar's slot.  Hard to trust Lamar due to the injury threat.  But, when he's good, he's a fantasy dream.  

Edited by 5fouls

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I had Lamar as my QB1 in a 2QB league last year.  He carried me early in the season.  T. Lawrence was my QB2.  At the end of the year, I was having to start Desmond Ridder in Lamar's slot.  Hard to trust Lamar due to the injury threat.  But, when he's good, he's a fantasy dream.  

When is he good?  Running the ball?

45 minutes ago, rico said:

When is he good?  Running the ball?

In most Fantasy setups, a rushing yard is worth 2.5 times more than a passing yard.

Lamar's 100 yards rushing and 200 yards passing is typically 18 points.

Justin Herbert's 300 yards passing with no rushing is typucally worth 12.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In most Fantasy setups, a rushing yard is worth 2.5 times more than a passing yard.

Lamar is just an injury waiting to happen.

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

dont let out the math secrets! take Fields in round 8 and stock up on position players 1-7 :)

• Like 1

@Indykev; @Seeking6; @btownqb; @dgambill; @ephul; @Parakeet Jones; @iuswingman; @NotIThatLives; @B_A; @mrflynn03; @ATX_sig

Don't forget the Champions League draft this Sunday.

@Indykev; @KDB; @Steubenhoosier; @BeerBQ; @rico; @PAHoosier; @KoB2011; @trc; @HoosierDPU95; @Drroogh; @Sagamore

Don't forget the draft for HSN is next Monday.

If you know you will be auto-drafting, please try and let the group know in advance.

Thanks!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@Indykev; @Seeking6; @btownqb; @dgambill; @ephul; @Parakeet Jones; @iuswingman; @NotIThatLives; @B_A; @mrflynn03; @ATX_sig

Don't forget the Champions League draft this Sunday.

@Indykev; @KDB; @Steubenhoosier; @BeerBQ; @rico; @PAHoosier; @KoB2011; @trc; @HoosierDPU95; @Drroogh; @Sagamore

Don't forget the draft for HSN is next Monday.

If you know you will be auto-drafting, please try and let the group know in advance.

Thanks!

What time again?

• Like 1