IUBB 22/‘23

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

TCU lost twice as well.

Kansas State lost yesterday.

Marquette lost earlier in the week.

Between us at 18 and number 9 Kansas, every team except Gonzaga, Baylor, and Kansas lost a game. Heck even number 8 Virginia should have lost (ACC admitted as much). We should see a big jump in rankings this week.

Oh for sure. I knew those others lost, just.. thought the ones I listed were the most likely for us to "jump"... 

I didn't look at those teams overall record... but, just based on recent games... it's arguable that we should be ahead of all the ones I listed. 

We could easily be Top 15. 

Man.. I'd love an opportunity to get on the 3 seed line. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh for sure. I knew those others lost, just.. thought the ones I listed were the most likely for us to "jump"... 

I didn't look at those teams overall record... but, just based on recent games... it's arguable that we should be ahead of all the ones I listed. 

And you just know the NCAA would put Kentucky at 14 and us the 3 in round 1.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I brought it up in post game thread but going to add here. For the under 40 crowd when you hear us talk about Jay Edwards and the 89 team...the run TJD is on right now is the closest I can find as a comparison. 89 team had better record, far less talent....but what TJD is doing right now night in and out is what Edwards did all year.

Just sit back and enjoy this ride....and the great thing is we still don't have a full clip yet. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agreed man. I think we win these two this week and we are likely to be projected as a three by end of week. Not easy games, but both winnable. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Friday, Palm had us as a 4.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...just joking that the NCAA will try to figure out how to match us up vs UK or UNC or someone like that early.

Almost Guaranteed we will be a first or second round Kentucky matchup.  The NCAA cannot help themselves.  Either we will take in the teeth or Kentucky will get bumped up but we will be in the same bracket

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Never underestimate the NCAA and thier ability to find a way to get Kentucky in the tourney.  And make money off of it

I don't but the committee playing favorites. Heard to many people who went through the mock process that none of this kind of stuff comes up in the selection process. UK has miss the tournament before so when they don't deserve it then they don't get selected.

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Almost Guaranteed we will be a first or second round Kentucky matchup.  The NCAA cannot help themselves.  Either we will take in the teeth or Kentucky will get bumped up but we will be in the same bracket

Hope they use that same logic and Houston is the 1 seed in our region. They don’t scare me at all and I’d love to punk Sampson in the tournament 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, slojoe said:

You're just not paranoid enough Scott.

UK will get a #14 seed under the little known "screw IU" rule which says that NCAA can do whatever they want to screw IU.

As bad as pUKe is this season, I'd welcome a chance to see IU beat the living crap out of those overrated primadonnas and silence their mouth-breathing fans.  Instead, looks like they'll be taking their talents to the N-I-T!!!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

As bad as pUKe is this season, I'd welcome a chance to see IU beat the living crap out of those overrated primadonnas and silence their mouth-breathing fans.  Instead, looks like they'll be taking their talents to the N-I-T!!!

One wonders how much their draft stock will improve under Calimari’s tutelage? I hope all the 5 stars are taking notice!

Edit, for those 5 stars? How is NC and Duke doing this year!

Edited by Drroogh

Just now, Drroogh said:

One wonders how much their draft stock will improve under Calimari’s tutelage? I hope all the 5 stars are taking notice!

He's no developer of talent and not much of an XO guy either.  Lots of people have said that for years.  Keion Brooks learned the hard way that he's not "the quickest path to those NBA millions."