Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 hour ago, rico said:

Another post from a Bucknut fan:

He has done a good job of getting high end talent, but his rotation choices and McBasketball playbook is just not cutting it. In his years, I still have not figured out any philosophy on either ejd of the court. There is no system, they run a perimeter weave, high low ball screens, and...., welp that's about it. McNeil is a turnover machine and gets beat continually on D, yet he logs top minutes. He has an upcoming freshman point guard and he gives the minutes to Likelie, who is an offensive liability, cannot shoot, as is Sueing. Just another hot mess that looked so promising in December.

When you lose alot of close games, it usually falls on preparation and coaching.

This is like all those posts during our own skid about how it's not that we were losing but the way we were losing. Losing is always frustrating. Truth is, Ohio State has the eighth ranked offense on both KenPom and Torvik. Only Purdue and Iowa are higher in the Big Ten. At times this season OSU has been ranked first in the country. They finished top 13 each of the three seasons prior. That doesn't happen by accident. Yet now they've lost six out of seven so Holtmann doesn't have a system. It's all so reactionary.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I believe so. I was always told I was a direct descendent 

That's pretty cool. You never know who might be out there as a relative until someone does a genealogy thing.

I have a quite famous contemporary person who is my 2nd cousin once removed (or 3rd cousin, not sure how all that works) in my family tree.  Her great grandfather and my grandfather were brothers.  Never knew it until her grandmother was working on a family tree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"It gets frustrating for him," Painter said. "He's like a pinata out there. You guys been to a party lately where there's a pinata? They hit 'em really hard and the candy comes out. I don't think there's any candy inside Zach, though. It gets old. It really does."

@Purdue7, most importantly if Edey was candy what type of candy would he be? 

Edited by SawatchHoosier

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

With that, I’ve lost a lot of respect for Porkchop! He may go down the path of Izzo for me, when I first moved to Michigan 38 years ago and respected his Yupper upbringing.

Matt Painter has a very long way to go in terms of being as detestable as Tom Izzo, and that's strictly talking basketball. Taking the non-basketball stuff, it just isn't close.

I've got no reason to think Matt Painter is a bad dude, but Tom Izzo is demonstrably an awful person. 

• Like 2