IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

This team is inevitable. I've watched every game that hasn't been relegated to a streaming service, and they're all the same. At some point you just know Indiana is going to make a run, often more than one. Even when a ranked team like Michigan keeps it close for a quarter, you know that run is coming and the lead is going to get comfortable real soon. It's a remarkably stress free experience. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure why there isn’t more activity on this thread. Ladies are dominant again to the point that subs are playing with 5+ minutes left in the game 

I’ve always struggled to watch women play, but I enjoy watching this team! And it appears they should be really tough again next year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This team is inevitable. I've watched every game that hasn't been relegated to a streaming service, and they're all the same. At some point you just know Indiana is going to make a run, often more than one. Even when a ranked team like Michigan keeps it close for a quarter, you know that run is coming and the lead is going to get comfortable real soon. It's a remarkably stress free experience. 

I get that EXACT feeling with this team. I’ve only been able to watch a handful, but every time the game never seems in doubt. You just expect them to win. Kind of like how it used to be with the fellas. But this thread is about the women’s team, so don’t want to belabor that point. 

• Like 1

Also... has it been mentioned... Leigha (who the heck spells their name this way) Brown and Maddie Nolan looked like complete punks last night... Michigan can have their roster full of Indiana girls. Those two are both from Indiana, but I am certainly glad they aren't on our roster. Brown and Nolan acted that way in both games this year.

I was embarrassed for Michigan last night. 

Also.. Ari Wiggins little brother (Andrew) is heading to IU to play baseball. Top 100 recruit, and is a SR now. 

Other Indiana girls on their roster-- Emily Kiser, Kate Clarke, and Alyssa Crockett. Maybe girls basketball players in our state will wisen up and start putting their faith in Moren and Co. 

Sorry, but those two girls actions last night were absolutely unacceptable. 

So. Here we go. Next game is the home finale, Senior Day, against Purdue. It's a sellout, and tickets are all General Admission.

Anyone have advice for someone who doesn't get down to Bloomington all that often? Best places to park. Best guesses on how early to show up to get a decent seat (avoiding the balcony if possible). Are beer sales everywhere or do you have to go to a particular concession? Any tips to make Sunday a better experience would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Man this is music to my ears. She hit her first 3 3s last night and I was jumping for joy. She makes the this whole thing go... being the secondary ball handler, best defender, and a capable shooter... when she is confident, our team is unbelievable! 

Chloe held UM's best player #32 Brown to single digits in points, rebounds, and forced a team high 4 TO's on her, and I saw Chloe block 2 shots even though the stat sheet doesn't show it. Chloe also got 13 huge points of her own. Great game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

So. Here we go. Next game is the home finale, Senior Day, against Purdue. It's a sellout, and tickets are all General Admission.

Anyone have advice for someone who doesn't get down to Bloomington all that often? Best places to park. Best guesses on how early to show up to get a decent seat (avoiding the balcony if possible). Are beer sales everywhere or do you have to go to a particular concession? Any tips to make Sunday a better experience would be appreciated.

I got there last night an hour and 15 minutes early and did not get as good a seat as I wanted.  It was not bad, mind you, but I was about twice as far back as I expected.

And, that was with a crowd of 'only' 7,400.  Fans are taking the general admission seating thing very seriously. 

If you want in the lower half of the lower bowl on Sunday, I would encourage you to be at least 90 minutes before tip.  And, have someone in the party grab seats while others go to the bathroom and get concessions.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Man this is music to my ears. She hit her first 3 3s last night and I was jumping for joy. She makes the this whole thing go... being the secondary ball handler, best defender, and a capable shooter... when she is confident, our team is unbelievable! 

I'm not saying that she is my favorite (kinda hard to have one favorite on this team), but she's pretty dang awesome!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Not sure if women's is the same as men's but if so, you will want t buy your parking pass in advance

5 hours ago, DWB said:

I bet they will be next year !!

The never ending grab for money.

I hope not. I enjoy the not paying for parking and really love the general admission. I brought my daughter and we almost court level and she was able to catch a tee shirt they threw so it made her day to be able to do that. 

• Like 1

• btownqb changed the title to 2/19 IUWBB vs. Purdue (continuous game thread)