Pick Your Sports Championship

5fouls

Was having a conversation with my son this week and asked him to rank his top 3 sports teams as it relates to who he wants to see win a championship. He and I had the same 3 teams, but we ranked them in a different order.

My rankings are as follows:

• Cincinnati Reds - Will always be my favorite sports team and baseball will always be my favorite sport.  In addition, the Reds created a special bond with my dad, who I lost way too early, that no other sports team ever did.  Yes, I've seen them win 3 titles in my lifetime, but it's been a long time. And, with apologies to March madness, October baseball is the pinnacle of sports in my opinion.
  • Cincinnati Bengals - 5 years ago, they may not even have made my list of 3 favorite sports team.  But, this current version of the Bengals has ignited an interest level in the team that is greater than it has ever been for me.  Plus, the Bengals are probably the sports team that has created the tightest bond with my son.
  • IU Basketball - I care about IU basketball more than I do the Bengals.  But I have seen them win 3 titles in my lifetime, and my overall interest in pro football now exceeds my interest in college basketball.  

How about you HSN?  Rank the top 3 championships you would like to see.  Any sport.  Any level.  

Edited by 5fouls

Indiana basketball

Cubs 

Bears 

Although the spread between 1 and to 2 is longer than the distance from the Earth to the Sun...

Lost interest in baseball and football a few years back for a variety of reasons...

My wife understands... Now that I've whittled down my fandom and games watched, she plans our week taking IU games into consideration... If someone calls and suggests getting together, she knows the schedule and will say, "no, we've got a game that night." Dear girl 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4

• 5fouls changed the title to Pick Your Sports Championship
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Indiana basketball

Cubs 

Bears 

Although the spread between 1 and to 2 is longer than the distance from the Earth to the Sun...

Lost interest in baseball and football a few years back for a variety of reasons...

My wife understands... Now that I've whittled down my fandom and games watched, she plans our week taking IU games into consideration... If someone calls and suggests getting together, she knows the schedule and will say, "no, we've got a game that night." Dear girl 🙂

I knew you were my favorite poster for a reason!

Just don't tell @KoB2011.   I keep telling him he is my favorite because he gets sensitive.

• Haha 3

1. IU football

2. IU basketball

3. American/American based team to win the Tour de France

I have no interest in pro sports anymore.  I feel like I'm just cheering for a business - all the city and regional pride that used to come with being a pro sports fan is gone these days. Might as well be a Fed Ex or Kroger fan, at least in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

US Men’s Soccer - (World Cup) - talent gap is shrinking and we’re overdue. 

IU Basketball 

Everton FC (EPL) - no chance here - miserable team to root for. 

When I started this thread, one of the things I was most curious about was whether someone would pick the US Men's team winning the World Cup.  I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I am very passionate about the U.S. in international sporting events.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Curling Steub? Is that sarcasm or do you have a passion for curling?

I have been a member of the Ft. Wayne Curling Club since it reopened in 2010. Until my knee replacement surgery in February, I was curling twice a week. Hoping to resume in a week or so. Given a choice, unless it's an IU game,  I'll watch a curling match over a random college hoops game almost every time.

• Like 5