Wisconsin Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He also survived the wrath of RMK in his freshman season dalliance with weed

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Preach!!!!

And that toughness is why I thought a lot of the crap this week was exactly that... Crap...

Players tuning him out? Are you kidding? Lazy? Right...

He's from the RMK school... Tune him out and he'll be in your face so fast it wouldn't be funny... Sass him at your peril... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Players tuning him out? Are you kidding? Lazy? Right...

Trayce himself said players were not following the gameplan (i.e. - tuning out)

And, our defense was lazy during the losing streak.  that was pretty obvious.

We showed what we can do today when we make changes on those two things.  

• Like 3

Just now, 5fouls said:

I didn't interpret his comment like that... He said they were out of position a lot. Woody even said today in the post game it was small adjustments to position that made the difference 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

With the exception of Cody.....JHS is easily the most identifiable pro ready guy we've had as a freshman since Gordon and honestly....shocking statement incoming.....he's getting better and developing. Loved the sets the staff designed for him after halftime. Get him shooting in motion or in flow....downhill confidence.

Vonleh was a lock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rev_AK said:

To me, it seems like CMW was cognizant to the grumbling from the fans. Duncomb played, Leal even played. Substitutions were better and more related to the flow of the game, and this was by far the best game since UNC. Let’s hope this is something we can build on and seize the momentum! 
Also hope a certain QB got a lot of love and realized the impact he can make at IU

There was a Tayven chant at the end of the game 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, our defense was lazy during the losing streak.  that was pretty obvious.

We showed what we can do today when we make changes on those two things.  

Not executing a gameplan is not (i.e.- tuning out) a coach. Its... not executing a gameplan. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why aren’t posters like @Mikeans @Sea Turtleand @jefftheref posting today after this win? Sure there are more negative nellies who have nothing to say, but I can only keep track of a few

As someone that is naturally a pessimist it's more of a feeling of relief than happiness. I mean, I'm happy that they won but I almost immediately start wondering if they can bring this level of play to Illinois in a few days and why were they so bad the last few games. It reminds me of the Chris Rock bit where the guy brags I take care of my kids, and Rock responds, you're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids. Anyway, I hope they can build off this win and get a W at ILL.

• Like 3

Able to watch the replay tonight. Much better effort. Really liked the plays for JHS in the second half. We’re still way to dependent on individual plays by TJD and JHS. Was great to see the effort by JG. Played within himself.

JHS did a great job on Hepburn 

I don’t think we’ll see any highlights from that first half in CBS’s “one shining moment”

On to another big one against the Illini

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Nah, love backgammon though... Those ATC midnight shifts with guys who knew how to play and always for money will make a player out of you fast...

Or you'll be poor

Never played backgammon although my Dad tried teaching me acey deucey.