Wisconsin Post Game Thread

KDB

To me, it seems like CMW was cognizant to the grumbling from the fans. Duncomb played, Leal even played. Substitutions were better and more related to the flow of the game, and this was by far the best game since UNC. Let’s hope this is something we can build on and seize the momentum! 
Also hope a certain QB got a lot of love and realized the impact he can make at IU

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

An easily.overlooled part of thos game is that our freshman JHS totally won his battle against Hepburn. Thoroughly.

Totally shut him down. 

This is the kind of effort I’v been waiting for. Was hoping that we had hit rock bottom after trying to figure out how to replace XJ and Race. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to adjust when you lose key people. 

Loved handing Wisconsin their asses and knowing they had no answer. TJD looked pissed and ready to go, JHS’ mid-range  jumper is going to pay off, and love that Jeronimo seemed to respond to Coach riding him in that long practice.

I thought we would win today in a close game, but much prefer a blowout. Especially against the Badgers. 

Bring that same effort against Illinois and we win that one too. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Archie Miller should have idenitfied him. We had Gunn committed before Woody got on campus..  Woodson would have had to break that relationship with Keefer/LN and all the Indy coaches see that. 

So, I agree, we should have.. just hard to put that on this staff, imo. 

I wasn’t placing fault with anybody specific. Simply saying “we” should have been all in on that kid. And I know he was 4-13 from the field, most of those inside the arc down low, but he’s a shooter, kid can play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Pretty hilarious…Btownbanners changed their “Fire Coach Woodson” thread to just, “Coach Woodson”. SMH 

I think a lot of people forget just how tough Mike Woodson is...

You don't come back from back surgery, lead your team to a Big 10 championship and win Big 10 player of the year by being soft

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I wasn’t placing fault with anybody specific. Simply saying “we” should have been all in on that kid. And I know he was 4-13 from the field, most of those inside the arc down low, but he’s a shooter, kid can play. 

He also had 11 rebounds...as a guard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

An easily.overlooked part of this game is that our freshman JHS totally won his battle against Hepburn. Thoroughly.

With the exception of Cody.....JHS is easily the most identifiable pro ready guy we've had as a freshman since Gordon and honestly....shocking statement incoming.....he's getting better and developing. Loved the sets the staff designed for him after halftime. Get him shooting in motion or in flow....downhill confidence.

• Like 2

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

Stupid…. Guard’s a good coach 

It is what happens when you have a humiliating loss.  Lots of knee jerk reactions.  And TBH, Wisky did look absolutely horrible from what I an accustomed to.  I am hoping that they continue to play just as they did today for the rest of my lifetime.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

With the exception of Cody.....JHS is easily the most identifiable pro ready guy we've had as a freshman since Gordon and honestly....shocking statement incoming.....he's getting better and developing. Loved the sets the staff designed for him after halftime. Get him shooting in motion or in flow....downhill confidence.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2023-nba-mock-draft/

• Like 1