Maryland Game Thread

KDB

I think they (TJD & JHS) will get it going in the second half. Plenty of time left and IU hasn’t really put a good run together yet. Still a winnable game.

It’s unfortunate that the bench can’t provide anyone with enough defensive IQ to put Kopp on the bench. I feel like it’s consistently 4 v 5 on offense with him in the game as he seems to disappear. To me it shows a clear personel problem and reason to send some players to the portal.

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If this game looks to be out of reach with a out 3 minutes left and the calls continue like they are, I am forcing the refs to toss me if I am Mike Woodson.  I am talking out in the middle of the floor insulting their wife and their Momma.

Soooo....ur pulling a Frizzo?

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I think they (TJD & JHS) will get it going in the second half. Plenty of time left and IU hasn’t really put a good run together yet. Still a winnable game.

It’s unfortunate that the bench can’t provide anyone with enough defensive IQ to put Kopp on the bench. I feel like it’s consistently 4 v 5 on offense with him in the game as he seems to disappear. To me it shows a clear personel problem and reason to send some players to the portal.

Kopp had 5 points in the first half. As a role player, he wasn’t the issue on offense in the first half

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Terrible last 8 minutes of the half

Still don't understand how some of our players play so well at home but are no shows on the road.

When JHS plays well we are a very good team but when he plays like this we are not very good.

Refs were horrible and missed 3 clear traveling calls on Maryland and are calling so many touch foulsnon us.  It is time for Woodson to just go off and get T'D up

The crowd has them rattled but the real issue is Maryland is speeding them up. When you're not certain what you should do and overthinking rather than reacting you make mistakes. I'd say all the freshmen, Galloway and Bates are trying to go too fast. 

4 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

We can suck it up - officiating or not - and become the aggressor right out of the gate 2nd half or chalk up a loss.

Yep....this is spot on. Tough teams weather these situations. I'm not sure we're there but pulling this one out would be a hell of a feat and say a lot about this team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Drives me crazy that when Maryland makes a free throw that Race slowly struts to the ball, then lightly tosses it to the ref, all while Maryland sets up their press. 

I assume that's what he's told to do. We're okay with them setting up the press as long as we have time to set up our press break.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Turnovers and free throws.

I'm still confident that we win this game  

Some of those things are related to the guys in stripes, hope they bust out their iPad and do some self reflection at halftime. 

Not saying we need a favorable whistle to comeback and win, but we certainly need at least a fair whistle if we are going to do it.