Purdue Post Game Thread

SawatchHoosier

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I know there were some here that said we would lament the fact that Smith went to Purdue. And know that there are still some who push to recruit Indiana better. But I’ll take JHS all day every day v the two freshmen PUke guards. Man v boys!

Yeah it isn’t close. JHS was a distant third best player on the court over everyone not named TJD or Edey. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Laid the blue print..pressure their guards…let Edey get his and lock down the rest. Great game and a lot of fun.  A little stressful towards the end…would have preferred to kept it in double digits but I am not upset.

I don’t think many teams can recreate this blue print. It’s been pretty obvious for a while what you have to do to beat Purdue, most teams just don’t have the players to execute it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Don’t think that was Edey unless his arm bends funny.

That should’ve been an F1 in Gillis though. 

That was really a bush league foul on Gillis. At the end he yanked down, which is where the flagrant should have been called. Could easily have been ejected for that if the refs had their reading glasses on when watching the replay.

• Like 6