Purdue Post Game Thread

SawatchHoosier

2 hours ago, slojoe said:

TJD just asking Gillis where he can get a good steak dinner in New Castle.

I will tell you there is no place that you can get a good steak dinner in New Castle anymore. Montgomerys steakhouse used to be pretty good but the service sucks and then they started to cheapen everything and you could taste the propane on the steak like you went to someone's else's BBQ where they have never grilled out and left the steaks on until they became shoe leather. No char on my steak please I have received my weekly allotment of carbon! Thank you. 

Edited by ButlerHoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

At one point I saw Woody on a stool after he called a timeout and he was more animated than I have ever seen him. I mean this was a masterful job coaching. Loved seeing JHS get ice water in his veins when he went up for the mid range J's. TJD was a man and literally did about anything he could. I mean there's only so much you can do when a guy has a 7" height advantage and most likely a longer wingspan than you not to mention a good 30 to 40 lbs. Malik is starting to come into his own. I just wish he would not get as many fouls but that comes with age. As Woody said we beat them without a full deck. Just a wonderful job. Now on to Rutgers. I really hope our guys get as hyped up for them as they did for Purdue. Rutgers is slowly turning into MSU for me. A team that I absolutely despise. I would love nothing else than for our guys to take them behind the woodshed and absolutely bury them. If they can do it I would love for them to run up the score to the point they send a message that the days of punking us are over! 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

No where to post this, but itsounds like Rutgers might be down a starter Tuesday, Paul Mulcahy went down very bad with a knee injury

Cut @IUFLA some slack. Let him enjoy this win. I'm sure he will have the pre game thread by 8am in the morning. 😁

Edited by Reacher
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, rico said:

Norlander says Purdue should remain #1 in the polls and the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT.

They would be the weakest overall #1 I can remember in all my years of watching college ball.  I  can't see those Purdue guards getting through the second weekend.  Once teams solve Eddy, Purdue becomes very ordinary.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 2

Purdue is a really good team and has strong program built with smart players who won't see much time on an NBA court. They're record this year is impressive and they could easily make a deep run in the tournament. This is the Purdue blue-print. Of course, their blue-print also includes regularly underperforming in the tourney, but I digress.

IU is playing very well right now, but I think it is clear that we go as our defense goes. Against Maryland, and in the first 10 minutes yesterday, our defensive energy was weak, which always translates into lazy and stagnant offense on the other end. We settled for 3 pointers like 3 possessions in a row, and Purdue dumped it into Edey, which lead to wide open 3's that they hit. I didn't read the game thread, but I bet the vast majority of Hoosiers thought we were done for when they got it back to a 1-2 possession game.  That's when I think our defense kicked back up. JHS hit a few shots, and that was all she wrote.

I am most excited with the performance of TJD. Despite being one of the all-time great players at IU, I don't ever remember him playing this way against a really good big man. This bodes very well.

As far as the guards, I think JHS is the best in the conference, but he is a freshman. Purdue's guards will be around longer than he will, and they will never be the reason why Purdue can't win. I think we are getting a guy in Cupps who will be like that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

They would be the weakest overall #1 I can remember in all my years of watching college ball.  I  can't see those Purdue guards getting through the second weekend.  Once teams solve Eddy, Purdue becomes very ordinary.

I can see an issue in that 1vs4/5 sweet 16 game. Having a week to prepare…but having only 1 day to prepare for Edey…not sure an opponent unfamiliar with them would solve that.

• Like 1

It's nice to finally have a coach that truly understands what this rivalry is all about. Get X back for the game at mackey and I like our chances on the road. 

As far as the tourney I hope purdue is the overall 1 seed and I hope they lose in the first game.  I also hope we meet them in the BTT so we can beat them 3 times. 

• Like 4