Purdue Post Game Thread

SawatchHoosier

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just got to watch the game this evening. Best overall effort this year. Really good game plan that was very well executed. 
Trayce was Trayce against a tough assignment. Galloway played like an IN kid and coach’s son in an IN/PU game. Good contributions from Reneau, Kopp, Bates, Banks, etc. 

But JHS was brilliant in the second half. Ran the offense and controlled the pace in an incredible pressure situation. The best guard on the floor. Huge clutch plays at winning time. 

Crowd was great, but they lose points for storming the court 

And throwing crap

• Like 1

Loved the energy and confidence everyone brought today.  Really good to see Malik continue to be able to score against just about anyone.  Would've liked to see Banks get some more minutes in the 2nd half but completely understand why Woody went with the guys he did with Purdue chipping at the lead. JHS was a killer. 

Hope this win gives the team the confidence it seemed to have lost in the Maryland game.  Keep it rolling and get revenge on Rutgers, take care of business at home, and get another road victory somewhere along the way, and most importantly get healthy and stay healthy, and we'll be in good shape going into March all things considered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Purdue wasnt Purdue, they would be an easy team to respect.

Very true...

But they'd better pray Edey stays healthy... Without him I think they're middle of the pack, even with a good coach like Painter... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just got to watch the game this evening. Best overall effort this year. Really good game plan that was very well executed. 
Trayce was Trayce against a tough assignment. Galloway played like an IN kid and coach’s son in an IN/PU game. Good contributions from Reneau, Kopp, Bates, Banks, etc. 

But JHS was brilliant in the second half. Ran the offense and controlled the pace in an incredible pressure situation. The best guard on the floor. Huge clutch plays at winning time. 

Crowd was great, but they lose points for storming the court 

2 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

And throwing crap

I just assumed more stuff fell from the ceiling.    :coffee:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Malik is slowly becoming a viable and important part of IU’s rotation.

Everything about his game looks confident. I hope he is ready the next time he gets a good look from three. If it's in the flow of what we do... take it. 

Malik seems to take coaching. He's grown up a lot during the season. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also... our offense HUMMED in the first half. For sure got stagnant at times in the 2nd half, Purdue played their part in that. 

Personally, a healthy XJ.. I'm not overly sure how they guard us at all. 

I am as interested to see X play defense on their freshman guards. Galloway was spectacular on defense v Loyer today, and adding X’s toughness should only ratchet up the pressure 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am as interested to see X play defense on their freshman guards. Galloway was spectacular on defense v Loyer today, and adding X’s toughness should only ratchet up the pressure 

Oh I agree. 

And the thought of Smith guarding XJ for extended periods of time is something I think we can very much exploit, as well. 

• Like 2