Michigan post game

Madison22

5 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I looked it up and it is 8 including Indiana. Only Indiana has a P5 and Q1 win taking 6 or less 3 point attempts. This is insane!!! Of the 1000s of games played this season only 8 teams have won attempting 6 or less threes in a game and only the Indiana win is Q1 win. 

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 7.27.52 PM.png

Utah Tech isn't Q1?

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Told the wife I DON'T KNOW HOW WE WON BUT IU WON!! Great getting back where we can pull games out that to me looks like a loss!!! THAT'S IU BB I GREW UP WITH!!! HTD AND I SAY PISS ON THE SMELLERMAKERS!  Night!!

Wife down in Naples. I'm walking the dog before bed and my voice to text was basically tell those mofos at Sand Bar the next round is on me why I'm walking in 30 degree temps. I don't give a f. What a huge win for us to show separation now. 

• Like 3

TJD looked absolutely beat. Can’t count on Race currently, which means that Reneau HAS to start playing without fouling. If I’m Woody I’d consider not playing the two together as much. Even getting TJD 5-8 minutes on the bench will make a big difference in his legs going forward.

That being said, massive massive win. Yes, it was ugly. But it’s a road win in the Big Ten against a desperate team.

P.S. Juwan Howard stinks. Curious how long of a leash he gets there, because it does not look promising for them after Dickinson leaves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Lots of great discussions here. Awesome win. How about major props for CMW! He has established, in a little less than 2 seasons, what this fan base has been yearning for. Hard nosed team that won’t take shite from their opponents. 
We won, on the road, v a team who was desperate. 

We won. That is more than enough. Move on to the next one 

You probably didn’t see it on TV but I looked to the bench when the referees were waving off that last basket. There was CMW and I believe Coach Yaz giving each other a hug. That combined with all the groans by the MU fans all around me was a beautiful thing!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Agreed.  Frankly, I'm perfectly fine if Purdue beats every other team competing with us for 2nd place.  It would be frankly silly not to recognize how that helps us.  I would never root against a team a the expense of IU.  

Is getting second even a big deal though? I'd rather have a shot at first then help with second, which I'm not sure we even need.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I waited a while to post, but this was just such an awesome win.  If i'm not mistaken, twice we took the lead in the second half only to have Michigan come down and get a bucket and a foul to go back up by two. I kept thinking to myself, in years past that would have been the end of the comeback, but this team just kept battling back. So proud. Sure, a lot of things could have gone better on offense, but just such a clutch performance.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

What a defensive performance tonight!

Sorry to quote myself, but really confused how the above post got a "sad" emoji from a poster and a "confused" emoji from another?!?!

We held Michigan to 61 points in their gym. They scored 93 points just three nights ago. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1