Michigan post game

Madison22

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Even though it's Northwestern, a win would be huge in separating ourselves from them. 

Know plenty of NW and IL people that will be nice to see put in their place. 

PS - you missed 708. Don't leave out the south burbs! 

Can't do it. 708 makes me think White Sox. Always exclude the 708. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HoosierDoc said:

The trouble is, when you're in the middle of the 3 game skid, you don't know what the future holds.  At that point, we were 3-6 against legitimate opponents and had dropped 5 in a row against real competition.  I think it's fair to start thinking the "who you are" portion is what was getting beat during that 5 game skid.  At 3-6 with 5 losses in a row (ignoring cupcakes), why is it outlandish to be concerned with the rest of the season?

I can see that...But concern is one thing...the over reaction in the Penn State postgame thread was embarrassing. People were calling for Mike Woodson's haed, for God's sake! Saying he was lazy and had lost the team. 

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because its 3 games? 

You guys doubling down on this is pretty crazy to me. 

correctamundo.jpg.8f07a7ba50e90f80a36cfb97b3d7bde4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Yeah, but as Bill Polian used to say "The past is prologue".  We have a bit of PTSD after the Archie era.  I think we fans are gradually gaining confidence that those (dark) days are behind us.  The packline was an unmitigated failure but now our defense is good and allows us to win some "ugly" games (unlike in the past).

Still, we are a team with weaknesses (as are all teams).  TJD covers a lot of them up and JHS can too.  I expect a couple of portal injections after the season to correct some of our needs.

I understand that...But again, go back an look at the Penn State Postgame thread...I was shocked at some of the reactions...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I can see that...But concern is one thing...the over reaction in the Penn State postgame thread was embarrassing. People were calling for Mike Woodson's haed, for God's sake! Saying he was lazy and had lost the team. 

I understand that...But again, go back an look at the Penn State Postgame thread...I was shocked at some of the reactions...

I was shocked by the Penn St. score.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

I can't disagree with the what if question. They could lose if he doesn't play 40 last night. But the bigger question is, what do you do in the conf tourney? Can he play 40 in every game for two or three days straight?

Then I wonder, if you can't trust Banks or Gunn to play now, can you play them in the post season? LD is apparently done. No guarantees on Race. Geronimo visibly working on the calf last night. 

It's asking a lot of seven guys to finish up the season and two tournaments, so somethings got to give.

I think that’s a very good point. I also think this is strictly THD deciding he’s going for it all because this is it. I personally feel that TJD went to Woody and said I don’t want taken out the rest of the year. Earlier in the year Woody was mentioning needing to get him some rest (if I remember correctly) and now he just makes funny comments to deflect from that. If TJD does truly want to not come out I think preparing him in practice with shooting free throws while exhausted is the actual way to get him prepared for not coming out.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

I was shocked by the Penn St. score.

And that's ok...

But there's no way in hell you can justify some of the posts (not yours, necessarily) in that post game thread...

And I understand some of it is venting...some try to inject humor...And I'm ok with that...

But when I read things that are patently untrue, like our kids are "gutless quitters" and our coach is incompetent, I'm not...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

Went back and watched Jett Howard's scores.  His last of 4 buckets in the 1st half put them up 28-18.  Only one was highly contested.  The others reminded me of JHS, a pro just being a pro.  This picture is his last bucket of the game  at 15:22 and it came with an extreme high degree of difficulty and defense in his face.  It was a hard two or three step drive, behind the back, step back, fade away, crazy legs.  

After that he takes 3 more threes, one of them the game ender where Kopp had him completely bottled up and one 2 point field goal.  

Kuddos to Kopp for the job well done today.  

20230212_111246.jpg

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

It seems like in those games against the Fab 5, Howard would score at will in the first half and MI would lead.  Then Rose and Weber would have to get theirs and Howard wouldn’t see the ball in the second half. 

Kopp is more often than not in the right position defensively. He's a step or two slower than a lot of the guys he guards but his effort is there and he finds a way to compete. He's not a "stopper" but does enough.

If anything, CMW needs to find a way to get him some shots other than waiting for Trayce to pass out of the double team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I was totally wrong about that. I actually didn't say he should be fired but was very concerned with this team performance. I never bought what DD posted about him taking to many naps and whatever he said. Yes I sent an email to Dolson but I don't think it actually went through

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Kopp is more often than not in the right position defensively. He's a step or two slower than a lot of the guys he guards but his effort is there and he finds a way to compete. He's not a "stopper" but does enough.

If anything, CMW needs to find a way to get him some shots other than waiting for Trayce to pass out of the double team. 

I hear what you're saying but Coach Woodson has said many times that when teams double Trayce, Kopp is NEVER the guy they leave...They know who the most lethal shooter on our team is...

Like @bluegrassIU said, Kopp has an effect on the games that are never going to show up in the box score. His leadership, basketball IQ, and effort sets him apart from a lot of players...

And the fact that he left a situation in Northwestern where he (along with Pete Nance) was "The Man" says a lot about how much he wants to win. The fact that he is willing to sacrifice "his" to help the team to that end says even more to me...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I created Post Penn State Loss Confessional Booth for those looking to be absolved of their basketball sins. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 4