Northwestern II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Geez a lou... Who did your color commentary? Morris? Bardo? 😁

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Geez a lou... Who did your color commentary? Morris? Bardo? 😁

Not IU, but my company has season tickets court side under the Duke basket at Cameron Indoor. They’re about 15ft from the Duke bench, and you could hear Coach K swearing like a crazy man during timeouts. I know it’s not AH and some will say “who cares”, but we are talking about best seats for a game, so that’s what I have to offer. Ok, now here comes the grief for bringing up Duke!

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Thompson is questionable Wednesday 

He looked very hobbled during pregame on Saturday. I would not be surprised if he doesn’t play.

Edit: To be clear, he didn’t participate in pregame warmups. He was walking back to the locker room with a noticeable limp though.

Edited by 02Hoosier
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We’ve got to play good defense, and take care of the ball to have a chance to win. If I recall, Audige killed us in AH, with six steals.

I rewatched the game last night... You're exactly right... We struggled on defense so badly, Woody had us playing zone...

CJ played 15 minutes in that one, and he has the effort part of defense down, but he was poorly positioned a lot of times...

I sure hope Race can go... He's a much better matchup on Beran than Jordan is. Beran got them off to a quick start and they never looked back...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I rewatched the game last night... You're exactly right... We struggled on defense so badly, Woody had us playing zone...

CJ played 15 minutes in that one, and he has the effort part of defense down, but he was poorly positioned a lot of times...

I sure hope Race can go... He's a much better matchup on Beran than Jordan is. Beran got them off to a quick start and they never looked back...

right off the bat... bad pass by Jalen off the tip... should have been an oop... 

1940- JG doesn't see the ball, allows his man to catch it too deep. 2pts NW

Just watched the first half. JHS might have scored but he was awful. JG was very bad, too. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

right off the bat... bad pass by Jalen off the tip... should have been an oop... 

1940- JG doesn't see the ball, allows his man to catch it too deep. 2pts NW

Just watched the first half. JHS might have scored but he was awful. JG was very bad, too. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, KoB2011 said:
  • That said, the effort was pitiful for the vast majority of the game. Northwestern wasn't better than us, this game was all about a comedy of errors from us.
  • JHS can score effortlessly, and he did it all day, and effortless is a good word for his effort. Might have been the worst 33 point game I can remember seeing from an IU player. 
  • Don't want to harp on JHS, but he didn't set guys up, he was incredibly lazy on defense, his turnovers were lazy, he didn't get back on defense. I hope he looks at the fact that he got worked by a smaller guy with less talent than him and realizes he needs to step it up. 

There's what I said about JHS in my postgame post....

Granted - I got some pushback there but I think it's a very fair assessment. Hope he is much better this time around. 

• Like 1

Like every game recently and the rest of the way, this is a really big game.

It's also. game we are more than capable of winning. I hope the players have an all business mindset because I think the first time around we played what was the most disappointing game of the Mike Woodson era.

We should be able to handle these guys - we are a bad matchup for them. We could score with ease the first time around and most of their buckets came as a result of what we didn't do instead of what they did. Cut out the plethora of unforced turnovers, run back on defense, be where you're supposed to be on defense and play with intensity; we will win if we do those things. 

• Like 3