Iowa Post game

ButlerHoosier

Some interesting statistics are that there have only been 88 games this season where a made 13 or more threes and made 56% of those 3 point attempts. Of those 88 only 7 of those teams lost. Obviously, Indiana's poor defense allowed this happen but it was a pretty rare 3 point volume and percentage made by Iowa tonight. 

It would be very very very unlikely to play another team this year that shoots that well from 3 with that volume.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Typical Indiana. It’s been this way for years now. They get a monster win and players receive all the adulation from fans, national analysts only to lay a complete dud the following game. Not even surprised. Pretty typical. 

JHS rightfully deserved praise for what he did at Purdue. He also deserves critique for his play today, especially his defense. There was a 3-play stretch where he was back-doored twice and blown by like he was standing still.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

We can cool the jets on seeding talk. Just shut up, humbly take whatever is presented and play with some pride.

Wasted energy concocting cute matchups and fantasy scenarios.

No one makes you look at the posts about seeding...

I understand being pissed over the loss, but don't take it out on people who like to look at and analyze that kind of stuff

• Like 2

Let’s not forget…the players get paid win or lose!! The only people upset are the fans and CMW. They got punched squarely in the mouth in the first half and didn’t change much in the second! Tells me all I need to know…🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Huntnfreak
  • Like 1

Welp, I hoped for a pissed Woodson post game with Don Fischer. Coach Woodson was definitely pissed! I’m pretty sure Don knew how upset coach was by Coach Woodson’s short, matter of fact answers. He’s said “in a nutshell” Iowa did whatever they wanted, 3 pts, 2 pts, 1 pt, whatever. “I am very disappointed in this team right now!” Don probably asked him just 3 questions and ended the interview….. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Welp, I hoped for a pissed Woodson post game with Don Fischer. Coach Woodson was definitely pissed! I’m pretty sure Don knew how upset coach was by Coach Woodson’s short, matter of fact answers. He’s said “in a nutshell” Iowa did whatever they wanted, 3 pts, 2 pts, 1 pt, whatever. “I am very disappointed in this team right now!” Don probably asked him just 3 questions and ended the interview….. 

Mike Woodson: "They came in here and kicked our ass. It was just that simple."

Edited by IU247
  • Like 2

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

But as I said in the game thread, at some point it's gotta be the team leaders who hold people accountable...

And I'm not sure ours do that... 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, IU247 said:

https://twitter.com/insidethehall/status/1630753322868113408?s=46&t=4A_L8qoKOnofphlcF4_qlQ

Mike Woodson: "They came in here and kicked our ass. It was just that simple."

That, they did. This is the worst game of the season we have played and I’m going to venture it will be the last TURD game we play like that. I have a feeling we will see a much different team this Sunday…Mark my words.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

No one makes you look at the posts about seeding...

I understand being pissed over the loss, but don't take it out on people who like to look at and analyze that kind of stuff

You're right. No one makes me look at those posts.

I guess that I'm just disappointed in our 'projected' 4-seed, (outside chance) Big Ten title-contending team getting absolutely whipped at home, not behind the woodshed, but out on the damn front porch.

• Like 2

1. Purdue win means nothing now.

2. This team is nowhere near mature enough to handle success and build on it.

3. TJD accolades mean nothing. Who cares about the stats when he has led the team to zero championships.

4. Some players better check their egos and realize that the last game is irrelevant to the next opponent.

5. Coaches did their worst job this season in the most important game. 
6. This was done without Fran having to get even close to the Francon scale. I think that pisses me off almost as much as…

7. Now having to put up with all my PUke buddies rubbing this in my face 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But as I said in the game thread, at some point it's gotta be the team leaders who hold people accountable...

And I'm not sure ours do that... 

One thing a great team always seems to have a PG who is a leader. I'm kind of reminded of the 2012 Indiana team that had  Freshman Yogi has the PG. It's very rare, regardless of talent to have a Freshman point guard who is a true leader. Yogi was great but he hadn't developed the qualities of a true leader yet. This isn't negative towards JHS because he is terrific talent but in a game like this where you need a leadership at the PG position to value possessions we simply don't have that. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MoyeCowbell said:

You're right. No one makes me look at those posts.

I guess that I'm just disappointed in our 'projected' 4-seed, (outside chance) Big Ten title-contending team getting absolutely whipped at home, not behind the woodshed, but out on the damn front porch.

Hey, I understand... I'm pissed too...

We never really made a run at them in the second half, and I'm disappointed as hell about it...

And to be honest when the camera panned to Race and Trayce on the bench with about 2 minutes to go laughing, I thought, "there's not a thing funny about this." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woodson after Purdue game: “You can’t go home and not validate what you did tonight. You understand that?” 

Unfortunately, it appeared as though they didn’t understand a dang thing…and I just don’t get it. So maddening to see their inconsistencies. The emotional roller coaster of being so excited for game day, to being so disgusted afterwards just isn’t very fun haha 

Very frustrating as in some other losses that senior ‘leaders’ race and miller underperform. Especially at home. Their pathetic rebounding is inexcusable.  Perkins is light years ahead of them in all-around effort and skill. Give him lots of credit.