Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

57 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

No but he did follow JHS who we recruited. Does Dual have any sort of connection to guys at IU? Did we recruit him at all initially? Not saying you don't reach out, but I don't know if you have the time to recruit a guy from scratch. He's more likely to go to the other schools that he was considering. Never say never, but seems like the only real connection is he's from Carmel.

It's also how we got Tamar Bates. He didn't follow Shaka Smart to Marquette. We've gotten a recruit this way each offseason since Woodson got here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

No but he did follow JHS who we recruited. Does Dual have any sort of connection to guys at IU? Did we recruit him at all initially? Not saying you don't reach out, but I don't know if you have the time to recruit a guy from scratch. He's more likely to go to the other schools that he was considering. Never say never, but seems like the only real connection is he's from Carmel.

We did it the year before with Bates

36 minutes ago, IUskim said:

So I don’t know why I’m posting this but over on the banners board a certain poster is saying that what he’s hearing is dudes on the bench are asking for crazy high NIL money to stay….

If that is the case then don't let the door hit you on your back side on the way out. Nobody on the bench has done anything to get a raise

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

So I don’t know why I’m posting this but over on the banners board a certain poster is saying that what he’s hearing is dudes on the bench are asking for crazy high NIL money to stay….

Don’t know what they are asking for, but someone may want to show them this:

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/?team-key=8776

19 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Don’t know what they are asking for, but someone may want to show them this:

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/?team-key=8776

Dudes…on the bench? Outside Malik, I would say “c-ya.” We arguably had one of the worst benches in the Power 5 conference. Spend NIL $ on the portal…our current bench is certainly not going to take us where we need or want to be next year…they’re not good enough. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To transfer here? Kauffman -Renn, maybe Edey LOL! 

Heard on the radio about Edey and NIL. A Purdue beat writer says until he gets a work visa everything has to go through Canada.

There is zero chance on Edey 

TKR if Zach stays is a total crapshoot 

if his dream is to play at IU…go for it 

22 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I think Loyer would get outperformed worse than any of our guards did last night. I like Furst though.

Maybe but I think he’s going to be a really good shooter over the course of the next 3 years. If he’s a 4th or 5th option on the court as a shooter I think he could be really good. 

Loyer and Furst would be a significant upgrades over some that are currently on the roster. Loyer could be a great bench player. A Ziesloft type.

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Maybe but I think he’s going to be a really good shooter over the course of the next 3 years. If he’s a 4th or 5th option on the court as a shooter I think he could be really good.