Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was thinking more in the line of the collectives where it is bigger money over a local advertisement 

All of the above including the collectives.

This is pure speculation on my part but our old AD now heads up Gleaners. When Glass left IU he was hired by Taft Law to help start up their NCAA/Sports/NIL stuff,etc.... Taft was knee deep in sponsoring things at IU while also providing legal service (finding the goods on Wilson namely).

My speculation is I could see a place like Gleaners Food Bank getting involved at some point.....and it's a message that hits home with tons of basketball players. Not all of them have $. Some had to rely on food banks/pantry,etc....donation. Lots of potential not just in my speculation but all sorts of charities will get involved.

• Like 1

In the "Outside the Locker Room" segment I posted in the other thread, Miller Kopp said he turned down a NIL opportunity from McDonald's...He turned it down because he's into healthy eating (it's a component of his "Primal" brand)... Didn't say local franchisee or corp, but it told me 2 things...

Miller Kopp is true to himself over money (very admirable in my eyes) and there are a LOT of NIL opportunities out there

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I’m having a tough time understanding the NU defectors? They just came off one of the schools best seasons ever, what were they expecting??

The scuttle is that Collins is a prick to play for and most players who improve enough jump in the portal to get away from him.  Just what I read recently.