Selection Sunday

If I woke up to the nightmare of Penn state vs Iowa in the elite 8 in our region I would literally vomit. Lol. 

Also..I always like to ask everyone….

Do you root for big ten teams during the tournament? Me personally hope every single one loses their first game. F them all..idc about conference perception. I have some friends that root for every big ten team and even want them to win a natty if we don’t. I could never do that. 

• Like 8

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

If I woke up to the nightmare of Penn state vs Iowa in the elite 8 in our region I would literally vomit. Lol. 

Do you root for big ten teams during the tournament? Me personally hope every single one loses their first game. F them all..idc about conference perception. I have some friends that root for every big ten team and even want them to win a natty if we don’t. I could never do that. 

I don’t root for any conference teams either.  Why root for teams that we directly compete with on the court and for recruits?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I always root for them. Familiarity with the rosters. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

There is definitely one big ten school I will never root for

• Like 2

Do you root for big ten teams during the tournament?

Some... I usually root for most of them, just because I think conference prestige is important... 

Except Purdue... Maybe if Al Queda fielded a team, yeah... And I'd probably root for them over Kentucky, but other than that, no... 

• Like 3

I would be happy if the Elite 8 was entirely made up of Big Ten teams (though that can't happen this year).  A good Big ten is good for IU.  Rutgers probably got left out, in part, because of how bad the Big ten has performed in the tournament the last few years.  Could happen to us in the future if the conference's reputation does not improve.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Every single team and their fans mocked us during early Crean era. I don't cheer for one Big 10 team ever in hoops. Shockingly if there was one team (not their fans or school) I might be ok with it....it would be Purdue just because I think Painter is a good dude. Otherwise nada.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

Living in Ohio and working in Indiana, I always root against Purdue and OSU first and foremost. 

I only know a couple Kentucky fans so that doesn’t even phase me. I think I’m too young to have that super hatred for them because I don’t know any uk fans. 

I get the prestige thing but I’m too salty and pissy to root for teams that beat us. We just need to make a run for ourselves. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1215
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Familiarity breeds contempt. I have a hard time rooting for any of them. 

• Like 3

- As far as where we are playing. I don’t think that a 4 seed gets as much consideration as a 1 or 2. Very happy with the bracket we are in, and seeing Texas as the team to beat.

- As far as rooting for other B1G teams. I will never root for PUke. However the stronger the conference performs, the more that the elite talent will want to play in it. Good for the conference overall. I believe both the SEC and Big 12 have improved because their teams have excelled in the national tournament 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We are 1-1 against Kent St in the tournament that I can remember.

Lost 2001 in the first round 

Won 2002 elite 8

So, what you're saying is that we lose this year, but beat team to go to the Final Four next year.  I'm not sure I can handle the social media meltdown if that happened.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We kinda had a more important piece go down with a season ending injury and seemed to overcome it 

I’m not supporting or making excuses for them… I hate Rutgers. Besides, they didn’t have another player to take over his spot and excel like JHS did us. Not even a fair comparison.