Selection Sunday

Just now, btownqb said:

This team isn't inconsistent, really. It's just missing a piece. 

Several of the individual players, in fact pretty much everyone other than Trayce have good games and then not so good games.  I define that as inconsistent.

To your point, X would definitely help with that by adding another player who could have a good game to the mix.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Several of the individual players, in fact pretty much everyone other than Trayce have good games and then not so good games.  I define that as inconsistent.

To your point, X would definitely help with that by adding another player who could have a good game to the mix.

I don't agree. I think we have players being asked to do more than they are capable of, ultimately, and sometimes fail/other teams are good. 

12-8 vs. B1G teams without XJ doesn't scream inconsistent to me at all. 

Edit: Sorry, I think Race is inconsistent. The rest... imo, aren't. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

BINGO!!

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You can also add Kopp as well, why he doesn't shoot more is anyone's guess....

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Can you point to many teams that you wouldn't categorize that way?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

BINGO!!

You can also add Kopp as well, why he doesn't shoot more is anyone's guess....

He's in a slump. In the last four games, he's 3-13 from three. He's not ready to shoot when receiving a pass and drifting on his shot after a defender closes out. Several times he's passed up open shots to dribble into more difficult shots.

Better than Gallo, though. Last four games he's 5-21 overall, 1-10 from three.

The ceiling for IU in this tournament won't be determined by Kopp, Gallo and Race. If so, it's probably an early out. If we make a run it will be due to big contributions from Bates and Malik. We've looked a lot better with them on the floor.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Race returned against MSU at home. 

He didn't play in the road game at Michigan. I went back and looked at the box scores, and other than the last home against Michigan, since returning from injury it appears Race has played about 20 to 21 minutes a game.

I'm sure he's not 100% even yet.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

He didn't play in the road game at Michigan. I went back and looked at the box scores, and other than the last home against Michigan, since returning from injury it appears Race has played about 20 to 21 minutes a game.

I'm sure he's not 100% even yet.

Forgot he didn't play at Michigan. But there's still 3 occasions. 

35 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Do any of these guys really know anything, though? I listened to an analyst on the BTN who thought that PUke had the easiest road of any B1G team to the Final Four. I really don’t know that any of the media guys know anything more than you or I.

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Do any of these guys really know anything, though? I listened to an analyst on the BTN who thought that PUke had the easiest road of any B1G team to the Final Four. I really don’t know that any of the media guys know anything more than you or I.

Probably not.. Always nice to see PU called out on a national stage tho! 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, they should have the easiest road; they're a #1 seed. 

To answer your question: no. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

I don't agree. I think we have players being asked to do more than they are capable of, ultimately, and sometimes fail/other teams are good. 

12-8 vs. B1G teams without XJ doesn't scream inconsistent to me at all. 

JHS has definitely been inconsistent this year. As has TG, Bates, and JG. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Interesting, I think Kopp is one of the most consistent players on the team. Maybe the most consistent after TJD. 

Agree, I’d say TJD, then MK, and then nobody else. 🤣 Now that’s not to say I’m thrilled with MK’s production bc I think he passes up too many shots IMO. But if we’re talking consistency, he’s the only one not named TJD IMO. 

• Like 2