Selection Sunday

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

If I woke up to the nightmare of Penn state vs Iowa in the elite 8 in our region I would literally vomit. Lol. 

Also..I always like to ask everyone….

Do you root for big ten teams during the tournament? Me personally hope every single one loses their first game. F them all..idc about conference perception. I have some friends that root for every big ten team and even want them to win a natty if we don’t. I could never do that. 

I root for one big ten team and one big ten team only. I may pick them in my bracket but I am absolutely not cheering for them. I want them all to lose except us. I can never get on board with conference loyalty thing. Sorry. 

• Like 4

I don't have any universal rule for rooting for or against Big Ten teams in the tournament. I'm not going to pretend to like every Big Ten team and  hope good things for them. I'm not going to grant any well wishes to the likes of Purdue, Iowa, Sparty or DUI. Maryland? Not really. Penn State and Northwestern I'd feel okay with rooting for since they are seldom in this position.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, what you're saying is that we lose this year, but beat team to go to the Final Four next year.  I'm not sure I can handle the social media meltdown if that happened.  

I never want us to lose. And every loss hurts. But for our seniors and Trayce specifically I’d really like to win a couple and make the sweet 16. Anything can happen then. Hate for them to get bounced by a 13. 

• Like 4

I’m sure it’s been discussed but am I the only one that thinks Purdue got hosed with that draw. Duke looming in s16 is a tough matchup and Marquette wouldn’t be a great one either although the bottom half is pretty weak. I thought Duke belonged on the 3 line in the bottom of that bracket. Tennessee was a 5 seed easily with their injuries and the way they limped home….but no one wanted a Duke/UK matchup??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed but am I the only one that thinks Purdue got hosed with that draw. Duke looming in s16 is a tough matchup and Marquette wouldn’t be a great one either although the bottom half is pretty weak. I thought Duke belonged on the 3 line in the bottom of that bracket. Tennessee was a 5 seed easily with their injuries and the way they limped home….but no one wanted a Duke/UK matchup??

Purdue has the hardest region IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I never want us to lose. And every loss hurts. But for our seniors and Trayce specifically I’d really like to win a couple and make the sweet 16. Anything can happen then. Hate for them to get bounced by a 13. 

I really want to see us get past the first weekend at a minimum for the seniors and Trayce, on the same page with you there.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Ugh.  I hate late games. At least it’s not out in Fing portland. 

I hate late games too….ncaa knows who pays the bills though. These matchups are definitely not just basketball based selections…story lines galore and obviously times of games and potential matchups.

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

If I woke up to the nightmare of Penn state vs Iowa in the elite 8 in our region I would literally vomit. Lol. 

Also..I always like to ask everyone….

Do you root for big ten teams during the tournament? Me personally hope every single one loses their first game. F them all..idc about conference perception. I have some friends that root for every big ten team and even want them to win a natty if we don’t. I could never do that. 

I root for only 1 team!! IU !! I used to like  Big 10 playing well in Tourney but after Crean early years and all the joking and laughing at our program for self reporting and our down years MSU moved to top and still deny wrong doing in their program iZZO No go IU