The non-IU National Tournament thread…

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I was getting ready to post that I hope CMW is watching and paying attention to these games. Use these as blueprints for moving forward.

All I'll say is that Miami must have one heck of a basketball program! Ladies make the Elite Eight and the Men looks like they may join them!

Oh Well.....

It's all about the NIL.  When Nigel Pack gets $800,000 and a car to go there, it's going to be tough to compete for recruits.

3 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Every single decade there's another university attempting to bend/break the rules for their advantage. In the early 2000s you had UNC and their fake classes, in late 2000s you had John Calipari and Worldwide Wes, in the 2010s you had the Adidas schools like Arizona, Kansas, Auburn, etc, additionally you had stripper fest from UofL and now in the 2020s you have Miami with John Ruiz and their NIL garbage. Every decade some university is performing BS. 

Going back to @IU Scott's question about winning and culture; until the NCAA actually attempts to enforce the rules, culture will always take a second seat to winning because it's easier to cheat and deny you cheated for years with high powered attorneys as opposed to developing a culture of integrity underneath the umbrella of the NCAA's bullshit. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Every single decade there's another university attempting to bend/break the rules for their advantage. In the early 2000s you had UNC and their fake classes, in late 2000s you had John Calipari and Worldwide Wes, in the 2010s you had the Adidas schools like Arizona, Kansas, Auburn, etc, additionally you had stripper fest from UofL and now in the 2020s you have Miami with John Ruiz and their NIL garbage. Every decade some university is performing BS. 

Going back to @IU Scott's question about winning and culture; until the NCAA actually attempts to enforce the rules, culture will always take a second seat to winning because it's easier to cheat and deny you cheated for years with high powered attorneys as opposed to developing a culture of integrity underneath the umbrella of the NCAA's bullshit. 

Since all those actions you named were under NCAA it makes them culpable for all of it. THEY are the problem in my eyes...  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not 1 #1 seed left in the Elite 8. Has that ever happened?

Seeing this tournament play out is just frustrating from so many angles.  

I had to look that up last night. The First Elite eight with no #1 seeds. 

There have been 3 final fours with no #1 seeds. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not 1 #1 seed left in the Elite 8. Has that ever happened?

Seeing this tournament play out is just frustrating from so many angles.  

Frustrating in what way?  Aside from IU losing, I consider this to be a fascinating tourney.  I think we're seeing the result of more freedom of player movement as well as players not going pro as quickly.  I'll easily take this year's tourney over one that only sees 1, 2, & 3 seeds advance.

• Like 4