2024 Class Rankings and Discussion

KDB

On 10/3/2023 at 7:56 AM, Victobmyboy said:

Are you sure about that?😉 

So he played on a Nike AAU team and committed to a Nike school in Duke but when he left he had Kansas and IU two Addidas schools on his list and you think Addidas pushed him to IU over Kansas?? Sorry…not buying it. Heck Pitino at UL had to beg people to pay players to get them to come there over Kansas because KU was the school of choice for Addidas. 

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

So he played on a Nike AAU team and committed to a Nike school in Duke but when he left he had Kansas and IU two Addidas schools on his list and you think Addidas pushed him to IU over Kansas?? Sorry…not buying it. Heck Pitino at UL had to beg people to pay players to get them to come there over Kansas because KU was the school of choice for Addidas. 

Not entirely. He had 3 adidas schools. Louisville was the other.  Adidas does have some reasons to send a kid to other of their top branded schools. A source did infer that adidas was involved and one of the reason why he chose IU over Louisville. It wasn’t the main reason but it was one of them. The guy who said it is an NIL guy. Hes in the rooms we hear little about. I did embellish my original answer making it sound like it was the biggest reason he chose IU but it’s not. It’s up there though. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Not entirely. He had 3 adidas schools. Louisville was the other.  Adidas does have some reasons to send a kid to other of their top branded schools. A source did infer that adidas was involved and one of the reason why he chose IU over Louisville. It wasn’t the main reason but it was one of them. The guy who said it is an NIL guy. Hes in the rooms we hear little about. I did embellish my original answer making it sound like it was the biggest reason he chose IU but it’s not. It’s up there though. 

I have no doubt they would push him to IU over UL…that place is a mess…but KU I kinda have my doubts…but I believe what you are saying about the NIL bag guys. Thanks for the inside info!

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My predictions on where our recruits will go

McNeeley IU

Boogie IU 

Queen Houston

I think that's a solid guess.  I would say Queen to Maryland just based on geography.

At the same time, I think Queen would do himself the greatest service in developing and getting to the next level by playing for Mike Woodson.  Maybe in the end he agrees.  Can't win em all though.  I would have loved to see Asa Newell at IU.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 10:16 PM, Purdue7 said:

Honest question 

Do you think McNeely is one & done?

Nope…I mean he is going to have to shoot lights out to do that imo. His lack of elite athleticism will be a huge question mark at next level. He will hsce to be elite at something to make it. Being just good at a little of everything is not enough.

Here's what I will say if we don't land Boogie:

We didn't recruit Cupps to be a career back up. He is going to work his *** off and I will be very surprised if he doesn't have a very good college career. Just because we missed on one guy doesn't mean the sky is falling. We got a team to look forward to this year and a whole hell of a lot of time to add some guys before next. We'll be alright.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Nope…I mean he is going to have to shoot lights out to do that imo. His lack of elite athleticism will be a huge question mark at next level. He will hsce to be elite at something to make it. Being just good at a little of everything is not enough.

Could not agree more 

very skilled offensive player but never flashes much athleticism 

maybe 🤔 if he shoots like Kispert or Dick….

• Like 1