2024 Class Rankings and Discussion

KDB

For fun -

If IU adds Derik Queen and Daquan Davis they would have the #7 2024 class in the nation and #1 in the B1G as it stands.

If IU had a class of McNeeley, Queen, and Davis in 2023 it would have been the #15 class in the nation and #3 in the B1G (not including transfers).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KDB said:

For fun -

If IU adds Derik Queen and Daquan Davis they would have the #7 2024 class in the nation and #1 in the B1G as it stands.

If IU had a class of McNeeley, Queen, and Davis in 2023 it would have been the #15 class in the nation and #3 in the B1G (not including transfers).

What happens when you add Sanon?

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

What happens when you add Sanon?

Since he's not officially in 2024 I don't know for sure, but taking a player similarly ranked, IU would have the #2 class in the nation for 2024 currently and would have finished #3 nationally in 2023 if you have a class of McNeeley, Queen, Davis and Sanon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Since he's not officially in 2024 I don't know for sure, but taking a player similarly ranked, IU would have the #2 class in the nation for 2024 currently and would have finished #3 nationally in 2023 if you have a class of McNeeley, Queen, Davis and Sanon.

I like the sound of that!

• 2 weeks later...

Our recruiting is a shit show.... Spend a couple of million and pull in 1 player in 24 after offering like 20 kids. ', This years team is going down because we couldnt pull in any shooters at all. Every team we play has a little loud mouth kid that hits 6 or 7's on us while we dont shoot that many. This team is going to win 15 games because of it and be a 4th seed in the N.I.T. Woody better get his shit together, even a losing NBA coach should know you need shooters. 2 years without any.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Our recruiting is a shit show.... Spend a couple of million and pull in 1 player in 24 after offering like 20 kids. ', This years team is going down because we couldn't pull in any shooters at all. Every team we play has a little loud mouth kid that hits 6 or 7's on us while we dont shoot that many. This team is going to win 15 games because of it and be a 4th seed in the N.I.T. Woody better get his shit together, even a losing NBA coach should know you need shooters. 2 years without any.

Glad to see you're feeling better! 😂

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Our recruiting is a shit show.... Spend a couple of million and pull in 1 player in 24 after offering like 20 kids. ', This years team is going down because we couldnt pull in any shooters at all. Every team we play has a little loud mouth kid that hits 6 or 7's on us while we dont shoot that many. This team is going to win 15 games because of it and be a 4th seed in the N.I.T. Woody better get his shit together, even a losing NBA coach should know you need shooters. 2 years without any.

@Indykev i think @Sea Turtle hacked your account.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Indykev said:

Im not encouraged.   The current roster and style of play has to be off putting to dynamic players.  Even last year playing through a future NBA big and having a first round guard got us to what, a 15thish ranking.  Yeah, I'm not encouraged.   And I'm usually pretty optimistic about IU basketball.   

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Im not encouraged.   The current roster and style of play has to be off putting to dynamic players.  Even last year playing through a future NBA big and having a first round guard got us to what, a 15thish ranking.  Yeah, I'm not encouraged.   And I'm usually pretty optimistic about IU basketball.   

I’m a basketball coach and even I don’t understand this three man weave. I understand it’s to create motion and use screens but it’s such a bad play and hardly ever truly works for years now.

4 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m a basketball coach and even I don’t understand this three man weave. I understand it’s to create motion and use screens but it’s such a bad play and hardly ever truly works for years now.

I try to watch the games as entertainment and not analytically, but dont teams, at least some, switch on the perimeter on certain actions, maybe causing favorable matchups? I'm pretty sure I saw Army switch partly on the weave. 

Edit: I watched a couple possessions against army and they didn't switch. SO when you find out. Let me know. lol

Edited by ledies22

17 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I try to watch the games as entertainment and not analytically, but dont teams, at least some, switch on the perimeter on certain actions, maybe causing favorable matchups? I'm pretty sure I saw Army switch partly on the weave. 

Edit: I watched a couple possessions against army and they didn't switch. SO when you find out. Let me know. lol

Yes there is no creativeness to the play they no exactly what’s coming becoming as I tell my players you have to move with purpose. This play no one is moving with purpose.