Indiana Roster 2023-2024

If XJ can return, the backcourt is in decent shape, especially if Tamar can get his game to where it should be by now. Outside of Reneau, I haven't really seen enough of the remaining guys on the court to know what we have there, but could clearly use an experienced big and wing to start filling some holes. Is Duncomb definitely not a part of this group?

35 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

If XJ can return, the backcourt is in decent shape, especially if Tamar can get his game to where it should be by now. Outside of Reneau, I haven't really seen enough of the remaining guys on the court to know what we have there, but could clearly use an experienced big and wing to start filling some holes. Is Duncomb definitely not a part of this group?

Bates is not on that list.  

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I expect it to look something like this as of now. However things could still change.

Cupp 

Newton

Reneau

Galloway

Leal

Gunn

Banks

X???

And 5 or 6 other new players depending on the NCAA's decision on X.

So you see 3 transferring and the names you left out the only one I think had promise is Duncomb. I know most of his time was in mop up games but he showed shot nice touch from 15 feet.

• Like 1

Regarding Bates, he's a head scratcher for me.  He seems gifted enough to be a borderline starter but not a primary or go-to guy.  I'm pretty unimpressed with his development in the past 12 months, but he wouldn't be the first player to have a sudden jump from one season to the next.

What concerns me most is relying on multiple players to make significant improvement in the off season, particularly with non-freshmen.  More often than not it hasn't materialized - at least the past few years.

Of our freshmen this past season, Reneau & Banks stood out the most to me.  It will be interesting to see how/if Woodson's offense changes without focusing on TJD.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

If Banks and Gunn make significant  jumps in their games, which is possible, then its not a bad roster.  But the lack of size means they are bottom third of the conf and no chance at another big dance.

That's why 6 other new players via the portal or other freshman that are added late will be very important. 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He’s speculating on what the roster will look like. 

Yeah, understood - didn't realize that Geronimo wasn't on there, either. 'Course, most times I was surprised to see JG on the court at all, so there's that. I do think it's a bit odd to assume certain guys are leaving, but also get that this is a message board and speculation is a part of many discussions.

• Like 2

Let’s not forget that transfers aren’t only the player’s decision. It can also be the coaches’s decision. Not sure how many are in the portal now but I know at least several hundred players have put their name in the portal. Of those, there’s probably 40 maybe 50 percent whose decision was made for them. 

56 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

If Banks and Gunn make significant  jumps in their games, which is possible, then its not a bad roster.  But the lack of size means they are bottom third of the conf and no chance at another big dance.

Why? Our roster isn't complete, but I think we need a skill upgrade more than a size upgrade with the current pieces in place. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? Our roster isn't complete, but I think we need a skill upgrade more than a size upgrade with the current pieces in place. 

agreed.  I don't care if we have 7' players as long as we have players who can shoot, defend and score at all 3 levels. We need knock down 3 point shooters who will put up 20 shots a night and make 35%.  We need crash the boards and putback point wings and guards.  We need slashers who can get to the rim and line.  We need defenders who know how to switch and when to double and not. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

We don't really know how other teams in the B1G are gonna look either.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rico said:

We don't really know how other teams in the B1G are gonna look either.  

Honestly i am expecting a down year next year with what we loss and most likely changing how we run our offense.  But that is ok if we continue to have a good recruiting cycle and target the portal.  Anything above 7th in the B1G and making the dance would be ok with me.  I have lowered my standards for success these days.

• Like 2