Indiana Roster 2023-2024

7 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm not going to get excited about transfers at this point in the game, but man did I like the clips of Timberlake. Quick release. Can catch and shoot off screens (and off-balance). Has the ability to drive. Can create his own shot. Can get to the line and shoots it at 85% from the stripe. 

Only one problem…I’m sure a lot of other teams are excited too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i wont be surprised if he is denied

I would. The NCAA seems to be relaxing quite a bit around extra years since the Covid thing especially. They must have had strong winds that he would get one given it was his senior year and would have wanted to play in the tourney at least.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It was stated on another site, IU isn't done with their exit interviews...... Logan was told in Feb he wasn't welcomed back. 

Not my info.  

I'm sure it's not a pleasant conversation to have, but it was a necessary one.

With how Dolson appears to have structured the BB program, modeled somewhat after a pro team, and changes in the NCAA (portal, ie free agency), success requires difficult choices. 

Specifically with Duncomb he was recruited by Miller, declined the suggestion to redshirt as a freshman, and it seems didn't impress Woodson with his work ethic (and did earn a suspension last season).  He seemed to be the most likely to be gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm sure it's not a pleasant conversation to have, but it was a necessary one.

With how Dolson appears to have structured the BB program, modeled somewhat after a pro team, and changes in the NCAA (portal, ie free agency), success requires difficult choices. 

Specifically with Duncomb he was recruited by Miller, declined the suggestion to redshirt as a freshman, and it seems didn't impress Woodson with his work ethic (and did earn a suspension last season).  He seemed to be the most likely to be gone.

I think there is another pretty obvious one we will be hearing about soon, too. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It was stated on another site, IU isn't done with their exit interviews...... Logan was told in Feb he wasn't welcomed back. 

Not my info.  

The main interviews haven't started yet as of yesterday. There's been some things holding up stuff this week like the visits and meetings. The Logan decision had been made for a while like was already stated similar to when Lander transferred. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Best ability is availability. 

Eh, depends on context.  "More than 1,700 men's college basketball players put their names in the portal this past offseason with roughly one out of 12 transferring “up” a level, according to EvanMiya.com. Of those that entered the transfer portal, 43 percent did not find a new home"

No clue why it copied and pasted like this.

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not my info.  

Wasn't that around the time that Grandma got into the sauce and started posting on Twitter?  I figured when that happened that the writing was on the wall.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Eh, depends on context.  "More than 1,700 men's college basketball players put their names in the portal this past offseason with roughly one out of 12 transferring “up” a level, according to EvanMiya.com. Of those that entered the transfer portal, 43 percent did not find a new home"

No clue why it copied and pasted like this.

That was in reference to LD never being available. 

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think there is another pretty obvious one we will be hearing about soon, too. 

Geronimo.  We don't need to tip toe around it.  This should have been a breakout type of year for him.  He ended the previous year on an up note.  There were injuries that afforded playing time and he couldn't get on the court.  I think there was the expectation (hope) going into the year that he was going to be a contributor off the bench and that just didn't materialize...like at all.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

That was in reference to LD never being available. 

Yeah.  I'd love to know the inner workings of his injuries and lack of availability.  Obviously sinus surgery.   But the other 1.5 years seems a mystery.  Sure he's stuck behind an all American but playing behind Geronimo for back up minutes at the 5 means you aren't that great.  

So this February timeline.  When was grandma taking to twitter?  Early/mid January?

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So technically.... Race, Miller, and Logan out... Newton, Cupps in.... 

We have one extra schollie as of now. And yes, 99% TJD is gone... just speaking, in the moment. 

I think TJD we put at 100% gone at this point I would think. 

23 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Geronimo.  We don't need to tip toe around it.  This should have been a breakout type of year for him.  He ended the previous year on an up note.  There were injuries that afforded playing time and he couldn't get on the court.  I think there was the expectation (hope) going into the year that he was going to be a contributor off the bench and that just didn't materialize...like at all.

I mean (and I don't think I'm alone in this), I'd be surprised if he didn't transfer. As you noted, he couldn't get on the court, even with all of the injuries, and we're likely going to bring in competition for his minutes from the portal as well.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I mean (and I don't think I'm alone in this), I'd be surprised if he didn't transfer. As you noted, he couldn't get on the court, even with all of the injuries, and we're likely going to bring in competition for his minutes from the portal as well.

So, hopefully, 2 available. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So, hopefully, 2 available. 

Plus probably TJD and JHS, so looking like 4.

Would love Ledlum or Battle, Timberlake, Aimaq or Ike, and then a freshman that becomes available with coaching changes or a younger transfer that we can have for multiple years. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Plus probably TJD and JHS, so looking like 4.

Would love Ledlum or Battle, Timberlake, Aimaq or Ike, and then a freshman that becomes available with coaching changes or a younger transfer that we can have for multiple years. 

Right right. Just keeping things in order until its 10000% legit they're gone. 

And agree on the makeup moving forward. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Right right. Just keeping things in order until its 10000% legit they're gone. 

And agree on the makeup moving forward. 

I expect 6 or 7 new faces.  Cupps and Newton and then 4-5 portal guys or guys who decommitted and became available.

(Race, TJD, Kopp, Duncomb, Geronimo, JHS, and maybe one other).