Indiana Roster 2023-2024

2 hours ago, Basketball Junkie said:

Come on. I remember watching it live thinking what the hell is he doing. And if you would admit it I imagine you do as well.  He deliberately reach between his legs and grabbed him. It was dirty as can be. No amount of denying changes that fact.

Some comments from the game thread that night: 

Or maybe not...what was XJ doing to Liddell's butt?

XJ with the "reach under"..

He got a technical for it. Goood officiating

I think he grabbed Liddells junk from behind.....idk

I didn’t remember it but I went and found the only extended highlights I could, and can see it was a double tech because of Liddell’s reaction.

It was a late game foul situation where XJ drop and played through some contact at the rim, then had to foul. His other hand slapped at the ball.

If that’s all we’ve got to call him a dirty player I think we are going to have a lot more dirty players than what I would characterize most guys. To each their own, I think he was frustrated and giving a foul.

Surely you have a handful of other examples if we are labeling a guy a dirty player, right? One play doesn’t define any player…

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I didn’t remember it but I went and found the only extended highlights I could, and can see it was a double tech because of Liddell’s reaction.

It was a late game foul situation where XJ drop and played through some contact at the rim, then had to foul. His other hand slapped at the ball.

If that’s all we’ve got to call him a dirty player I think we are going to have a lot more dirty players than what I would characterize most guys. To each their own, I think he was frustrated and giving a foul.

Surely you have a handful of other examples if we are labeling a guy a dirty player, right? One play doesn’t define any player…

Your attempt to justify this are truly comical. Frustrated and giving a foul? Maybe so but I have seen it done thousands of times. Have never saw a guy slide his hands between anothers legs and grab him to commit said foul. And of course Liddell had a reaction. Any male would.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Basketball Junkie said:

Your attempt to justify this are truly comical. Frustrated and giving a foul? Maybe so but I have seen it done thousands of times. Have never saw a guy slide his hands between anothers legs and grab him to commit said foul. And of course Liddell had a reaction. Any male would.

You bringing this up 14 months later is comical. You don't like XJ, we get it. Thats childs play for a "dirty" play. 

Having to defend Indiana players, on an Indiana board is absolutely wild.  

First I've heard of XJ being a dirty player, though, that's a new one. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

I’m not justifying anything but you’re showing one freeze frame angle of one play like it proves something, and it absolutely doesn’t.

It’s weird to me you’re so quick to defend Liddell as “just reacting” but not allowing that same defense for Xavier after a frustrating play. Liddell swing his arm at Xavier’s head, but totally fine in your book…

I don’t really think either is a dirty player, I think it’s two competitive guys after 44 minutes of a hard fought game doing something dumb out of frustration. These guys are humans not robots. 

• Like 2

Give it a rest coach Shep, we know you don't like XJ. If you are going to do this all of next year if XJ comes back then just stop posting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’m not justifying anything but you’re showing one freeze frame angle of one play like it proves something, and it absolutely doesn’t.

It’s weird to me you’re so quick to defend Liddell as “just reacting” but not allowing that same defense for Xavier after a frustrating play. Liddell swing his arm at Xavier’s head, but totally fine in your book…

I don’t really think either is a dirty player, I think it’s two competitive guys after 44 minutes of a hard fought game doing something dumb out of frustration. These guys are humans not robots. 

He intentionally shoved his hand between another mans legs and grabbed his nuts. You are ok with that. I'm not. I will just leave it at that. Obviously we have different standards. I get defending a guy on your team. Just curious how fast your standards change if a Purdue player did that to an IU guy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Give it a rest coach Shep, we know you don't like XJ. If you are going to do this all of next year if XJ comes back then just stop posting.

Not coach Shep. And I dont mind him. But I dont like the bs that comes with him. I will post as I please and don't need your permission. Don't like it don't read it. Pretty simple concept.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Whatever, coach Shep

WHY RESPOND WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE A POSTER? I come here hoping to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee news about IU NOT A PISSING MATCH!! IU Just a chance at BANNER 6 GO ON OUR PT  GOING   DOWN!! Just look at final 4!! With X what could have been?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basketball Junkie said:

He intentionally shoved his hand between another mans legs and grabbed his nuts. You are ok with that. I'm not. I will just leave it at that. Obviously we have different standards. I get defending a guy on your team. Just curious how fast your standards change if a Purdue player did that to an IU guy.

I’m not really sure how to respond to this because it’s so dumb.

I don’t know his intent, but I’m not a mind reader with a Time Machine.

I also have no clue if he grabbed a guys nuts. You couldn’t see it from the single photo you posted, did you come up with the visual for that in your head?

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’m not really sure how to respond to this because it’s so dumb.

I don’t know his intent, but I’m not a mind reader with a Time Machine.

I also have no clue if he grabbed a guys nuts. You couldn’t see it from the single photo you posted, did you come up with the visual for that in your head?

I dont need to create a visual. The video is there for the world to see. And his intent is crystal clear. You can choose not to see and deny what happened. Doesnt change the fact that it did.

I'm done with this. You have proven my point. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

I dont need to create a visual. The video is there for the world to see. And his intent is crystal clear. You can choose not to see and deny what happened. Doesnt change the fact that it did.

We just dont see that that play is dirty. Its dumb, and there are no other examples. 

If a Purdue player did that to an IU guy, I would say that was dumb and move on. Big nothing burger and you've by no means proven XJ is dirty. 

• Like 4

No, you’re creating some weird, creepy visual that just isn’t there.

Youve chosen to ignore the rest of the play and the rest of what XJ was doing at the moment of your photo, and then you’ve added that he’s grabbing a dudes nuts when we have no idea if he is, but honestly no reason to think he’s doing that. You’ve chosen to go to some really weird place about what you think XJ is doing.

Yes, please be done. No one wants to hear you talking about guys touching each other’s nuts. 

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

No, you’re creating some weird, creepy visual that just isn’t there.

Youve chosen to ignore the rest of the play and the rest of what XJ was doing at the moment of your photo, and then you’ve added that he’s grabbing a dudes nuts when we have no idea if he is, but honestly no reason to think he’s doing that. You’ve chosen to go to some really weird place about what you think XJ is doing.

Yes, please be done. No one wants to hear you talking about guys touching each other’s nuts. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Let's say JG is gone too. Tons of opportunity for a kid like CJ Gunn. Hope he takes the Spring/Summer and digs in, puts some weight on and finds his way onto the court next year. 

I thought CJ should have gotten a little more run this year.  

• Like 2