Indiana Roster 2023-2024

8 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm interested to see what further improvements Galloway will make in the off season.  He was notably improved this season while being hampered/out last summer.  Hopefully he stays healthy and improves his shooting even more.

Great point. 

Conference stats.. 8p 3r 2a 48% FG 47% from 3. Marginal improvement to those #s, along with his above average defense... very solid player. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm interested to see what further improvements Galloway will make in the off season.  He was notably improved this season while being hampered/out last summer.  Hopefully he stays healthy and improves his shooting even more.

...even better 3pt shooting, conditioning and maybe a head band. I feel his hair may grown a bit more in the off season, lol.🤣 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Great point. 

Conference stats.. 8p 3r 2a 48% FG 47% from 3. Marginal improvement to those #s, along with his above average defense... very solid player. 

Mostly i would like to see Galloway play a little more in control and make better decisions.  I think he gets going to fast at times and it is usually in a critical moment where a smart play leads to a more sustained run.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm trying to figure out what this is telling me? 

The mental gymnastics needed to think XJ would have essentially made our team worse is impressive. Furthermore using this picture, and categorizing him as dirty are laughable. Carry on. 

Now you are just being intentionally obtuse. Anyone who doesn't see a blatantly dirty play there is just choosing to not see. The wtf look on Jackson Davis's face shows that.

And I didn't say the team would have been worse. I said he would have been worth more wins. But also that his boneheaded plays and antics would have likely cost a win or two as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Okay I'll bite.... what are the dirty plays X makes?

I understsand he plays the role of irritant very well, but that's a lot different from being a dirty player. 

Reaching under someone and grabbing a handful of their junk is not dirty?

I agree with your 2nd point somewhat. I consider a guy like Galloway an irritant. The pesky, nonstop in your face defense. But he does it cleanly. Johnson grabs and slaps and yaps like a little girl just trying to bait someone into responding And yes, a big difference.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

I agree with your 2nd point somewhat. I consider a guy like Galloway an irritant. The pesky, nonstop in your face defense. But he does it cleanly. Johnson grabs and slaps and yaps like a little girl just trying to bait someone into responding And yes, a big difference.

It just sounds like you don't like XJ in this post. Which is fine.. I guess every player won't be liked by our entire fanbase. 

And yeah, XJ.. early last year had allowed himself to get into his own head and make frustration mistakes... that was pretty well eliminated by the end of the year LAST year and there was no evidence to it this year. Furthermore, he simply had to do LESS because of JHS and TGs development compared to LAST year. 

I mean.. watching both NW games, watching Maryland, watching both PSU games, watching against Miami... his exact skillset is the missing piece in those games and quite honestly--- Boo Buie, Pack, and Marylands PG(cant remember his name).. were probably very thankful XJ didn't play. 🤷‍♂️

Everyone here is screaming for less Bates, less of JHS having to hoist shots up, less TG having to run the point... uhhhh hello, guess who alleviates all of those issues!?! 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

I mean you posted one single still photo, so you’ve proven nothing. I’d say if that’s the best you’ve got it shows a major lack of evidence.

No part of yapping, grabbing, etc is dirty. The refs can call fouls if he is committing them, but that’s not dirty. It’s part of basketball, it’s not intending to harm anyone. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean you posted one single still photo, so you’ve proven nothing. I’d say if that’s the best you’ve got it shows a major lack of evidence.

No part of yapping, grabbing, etc is dirty. The refs can call fouls if he is committing them, but that’s not dirty. It’s part of basketball, it’s not intending to harm anyone. 

Yapping and grabbing is probably more second nature for most of these dudes. Did Will Sheehey ever stop talking? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It just sounds like you don't like XJ in this post. Which is fine.. I guess every player won't be liked by our entire fanbase. 

And yeah, XJ.. early last year had allowed himself to get into his own head and make frustration mistakes... that was pretty well eliminated by the end of the year LAST year and there was no evidence to it this year. Furthermore, he simply had to do LESS because of JHS and TGs development compared to LAST year. 

I mean.. watching both NW games, watching Maryland, watching both PSU games, watching against Miami... his exact skillset is the missing piece in those games and quite honestly--- Boo Buie, Pack, and Marylands PG(cant remember his name).. were probably very thankful XJ didn't play. 🤷‍♂️

Everyone here is screaming for less Bates, less of JHS having to hoist shots up, less TG having to run the point... uhhhh hello, guess who alleviates all of those issues!?! 

Maybe he is coach Shep reincarnated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

There’s no question that this team would have been better with XJ. However his legend has grown the longer he was out. He had very good games against Xavier and UNC, but overall he was very inconsistent this season and seemed to be struggling playing alongside JHS. 
In his last three games before the injury (Rutgers, NEB & AZ), he was 7-32 and scored 8,4 and 11.

On 3/26/2023 at 7:12 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe so, but based on how he finished the previous season, I am betting he would have figured it out 

I honestly think you're both right.

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Come on. I remember watching it live thinking what the hell is he doing. And if you would admit it I imagine you do as well.  He deliberately reach between his legs and grabbed him. It was dirty as can be. No amount of denying changes that fact.

Some comments from the game thread that night: 

Or maybe not...what was XJ doing to Liddell's butt?

XJ with the "reach under"..

He got a technical for it. Goood officiating

I think he grabbed Liddells junk from behind.....idk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

Come on. I remember watching it live thinking what the hell is he doing. And if you would admit it I imagine you do as well.  He deliberately reach between his legs and grabbed him. It was dirty as can be. No amount of denying changes that fact.

Maybe he was checking for a hernia and had him cough

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe he was checking for a hernia and had him cough

Whatever the story, it's a helluva funny photo.  

• Like 1