Indiana Roster 2023-2024

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Hoosier Classic(Little Rock, Miami OH, and Jackson St) were considered a multi-team event... they don't count against XJ in terms of amount of games. 

So, our staff knew the whole time XJ was for sure getting a waiver. 

It's also incredibly smart to keep an event like that. 

Wow. Didn't even think about that. Here we are spending days/weeks/months doing math on number of games, %'s,etc.....and the answer was staring us straight in the face the entire time. Haha.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll just be happy that X is coming back. Solid core of returning players (X, Trey, Malik) peppered in with Sparks, Banks...now we just need to keep swinging at the portal. Certainly won't be in line for top 3 again...but see no reason we won't be top 5ish range in conference.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Hoosier Classic(Little Rock, Miami OH, and Jackson St) were considered a multi-team event... they don't count against XJ in terms of amount of games. 

So, our staff knew the whole time XJ was for sure getting a waiver. 

It's also incredibly smart to keep an event like that. 

Dolson and Woodson looking back......

Back To School GIF by IFC - Find & Share on GIPHY | Adam sandler, Billy  madison, Back to school videos

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Didn't even think about that. Here we are spending days/weeks/months doing math on number of games, %'s,etc.....and the answer was staring us straight in the face the entire time. Haha.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll just be happy that X is coming back. Solid core of returning players (X, Trey, Malik) peppered in with Sparks, Banks...now we just need to keep swinging at the portal. Certainly won't be in line for top 3 again...but see no reason we won't be top 5ish range in conference.

I bet Woody isn’t thinking top 5. Grab a few more really good pieces in the portal and we’ll compete. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

UCONN was the 4 seed in the Big East tourney this year.  Being top 3 in a good conference is not a requirement for post-season success.

No it's not. But being committed to basketball excellence is. Connecticut(which just won their 5th since our last)is committed while Indiana is not.

Edited by Sea Turtle

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Somewhere, a village is missing their idiot...

Years ago on another forum I was on, Tim Weaver (yes, THAT Tim Weaver) was posting nonstop about Bob Knight not knowing as much about basketball as everybody thought, when another poster said...

"You like to portray yourself as some sort of idiot savant... Well, you're half right."

😂

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Yes

I think it’s a fair question. At this moment are we committed? With the recent changes in admin, I’m cautiously optimistic and think the university is committed…but for the majority of the last 20 years, that has not been the case.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I think it’s a fair question. At this moment are we committed? With the recent changes in admin, I’m cautiously optimistic and think the university is committed…but for the majority of the last 20 years, that has not been the case.

Well, by your own response, you're conflating two points, however connected they may be.

Point #1 - Are we committed? My answer is 'yes'. Happy to debate that with the naysayers, with whom I would disagree.

Point #2 - The "last 20 years" is a separate topic. I agree that during Miles Brand's presidency we really took a negative hit. Presidents Herbert and McRobbie also hindered IU athletics to varying degrees.

Currently? I think we are committed to success. President Whitten has been a staunch supporter of both men's and women's athletics, and there is nothing that suggests the crown jewel of IU Basketball isn't a top priority.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Well, by your own response, you're conflating two points, however connected they may be.

Point #1 - Are we committed? My answer is 'yes'. Happy to debate that with the naysayers, with whom I would disagree.

Point #2 - The "last 20 years" is a separate topic. I agree that during Miles Brand's presidency we really took a negative hit. Presidents Herbert and McRobbie also hindered IU athletics to varying degrees.

Currently? I think we are committed to success. President Whitten has been a staunch supporter of both men's and women's athletics, and there is nothing that suggests the crown jewel of IU Basketball isn't a top priority.

You and I agree here but original question posed was a fair question and not far-fetched because of some of the points you made above regarding Brand, McRobbie, Herbert…etc…we haven’t always been committed. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I hope we don't keep things like this up. JG was a favorite for many and we are very disappointed that it didn't come together for him (and us) on our time line. I hope nothing but the absolute best for Jordan.

It's just about if our roster is improving or not. Not an attack on the person or a celebration of someone departing.

I hope every guy that puts on that jersey tears it up and has a great career but some don't. I can't remember a single IU player in my almost 50 years as a fan that I "wanted" to leave. 

• Like 4