Indiana Roster 2023-2024

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought CJ should have gotten a little more run this year.  

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was hoping he'd play better when he was in. 

And not a peep from anyone about him so far this offseason. I hope that's a good sign. Just hope he gets to work because I saw him personally put up 30+ after his injury against some pretty good competition. Just hope it translates to next year.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Shot selection and gambled too much on defense was what I saw...

But he always played hard... 

For sure plays hard. Gambles/plays with his hands too much defensively. 

Shot selection didn't bother me too much, I have a bit different view on that than many on here.... but, he's gotta make them, right? Percentage was very poor. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And not a peep from anyone about him so far this offseason. I hope that's a good sign. Just hope he gets to work because I saw him personally put up 30+ after his injury against some pretty good competition. Just hope it translates to next year.

Oh I have no reason to think he isn't working on his game as I type this. His type of frame and physical tools are sorely lacking from our roster/guys on the court! 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

With our first portal commit we can compare additions vs departures

At the 5:  Sparks >  Duncomb  - 

For our roster I know we won't be able to replace TJD and JHS production through the portal. What we need is that XJ and Reneau to be able to push their production up a level or two.  In the portal what we need to do is to upgrade over starters from last year in Race, Kopp and Galloway. If we can do that I think we can be a very competitive team next year.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Basketball Junkie said:

He intentionally shoved his hand between another mans legs and grabbed his nuts. You are ok with that. I'm not. I will just leave it at that. Obviously we have different standards. I get defending a guy on your team. Just curious how fast your standards change if a Purdue player did that to an IU guy.

He wanted to win so bad he did that 

if Liddell punches him (normal reaction) IU shoots FT and gets the ball….only chance to win 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For our roster I know we won't be able to replace TJD and JHS production through the portal. What we need is that XJ and Reneau to be able to push their production up a level or two.  In the portal what we need to do is to upgrade over starters from last year in Race, Kopp and Galloway. If we can do that I think we can be a very competitive team next year.

We can replace JHS' production through the portal. 

3 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

With our first portal commit we can compare additions vs departures

At the 5:  Sparks >  Duncomb  - 

Going to need a big + advantage given that we lost TJD and Race in the frontcourt.  I know you were just comparing portal in vs portal out but TJD and Race are leaving a pretty big gap to fill for frontcourt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Going to need a big + advantage given that we lost TJD and Race in the frontcourt.  I know you were just comparing portal in vs portal out but TJD and Race are leaving a pretty big gap to fill for frontcourt.

Yup. TJD is a massive hole to fill and not one player is going to do that. Gonna have to replace his production (points, rebound, assists, and blocks) with multiple players (additions and returning players).

31 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

There's no replacing TJD. But I think we can get someone who's style of play fits better as a 4 than Race's style of play did. Him and TJD both operated best around the rim, which caused some spacing issues.

I think if we can spread out the production so it's not all put on 2 players and make it more perimeter oriented, we could be better than people might expect.

• Like 3

I feel or at least hope this team will set up as just really really solid all around.  I'm high on X making an all conference push.  I expect Malik will take a massive jump and have a transformed body.  Just be a load.  Honorable mention.  Galloway, finally put some long strings together healthy and make a push for Honorable mention or 6th man of the year.  Then these dudes we have been targeting being solid contributors that all fit together in defined yet versatile roles.  Help guard, rebound, hit shots and attack the basket.  Share the ball, share the success.   

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2

I wish all departed players all the best in the world.  I appreciate their time here.  

Having said that, college basketball is a different animal now.  With the portal and NIL now, I’m absolutely ok with roster turnover working both ways.  Schools can expect and demand that all players carry their own weight.   Can’t have it be a one way buffet for the players.  Sending a message that there are expectations too is fair.  

• Like 5

I hope JG finds success somewhere. Never turned the corner at IU and never had a true position. 

Tamar, JG, LD are good kids but ended up as bad fits for the team. My guess is none of the three land on a power conf winning team and that's ok. If this tourney has proven anything it's anybody can win.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I hope JG finds success somewhere. Never turned the corner at IU and never had a true position. 

Tamar, JG, LD are good kids but ended up as bad fits for the team. My guess is none of the three land on a power conf winning team and that's ok. If this tourney has proven anything it's anybody can win.

Agree. Like everybody else here I try not to be too critical of existing players.  That means I often stay quiet on my true feelings on a player.   But all I can say is the transfer situation as of now has worked out in a way that I would have wanted.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5

On 3/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, DC2345 said:

I expect it to look something like this as of now. However things could still change.

Cupp 

Newton

Reneau

Galloway

Leal

Gunn

Banks

X???

And 5 or 6 other new players depending on the NCAA's decision on X.

Update
1) Cupp 

2) Newton

3) Reneau

4) Galloway

5) Leal

6) Gunn

7) Banks

8: Sparks

9) X???

Edited by DC2345