Transfers with IU Interest

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

So Alabama gets to be the best team in the country, or OSU is ever any good only because every other school has lazy coaches. Got it.

Because based on your theory, Tthat's the only way a "football" school beat a "basketball" school for those players.

You sure are a silly rabbit. 

the terms "basketball" school and "football" school, make me cringe

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I LOL at some of the posts on this message board. Let’s all accept mediocrity because we’re not Indiana of the ‘80s.

FYI - it’s OK if passionate fans think Indiana should be an easier sell to recruits than Tennessee or Arkansas. It’s a good point and Indiana (in terms of basketball) absolutely is. It what makes us still a top 15 job in the country. CMW would absolutely disagree with some of these posters that think otherwise. 

You're talking about one end of two extremes.  The other side thinks the staff is incompetent if they don't land every recruit they want and win every game.  That's equally ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

So Alabama gets to be the best team in the country, or OSU is ever any good is because every other school has lazy coaches. Got it.

Because based on your theory, Tthat's the only way a "football" school can beat a "basketball" school for those players.

You sure are a silly rabbit. 

Alabama has always been a football school. They've never been dominant in basketball. They're very good at basketball right now because they have a coach that knows what he is doing. I'm not so sure what is so hard to understand about that?

IU used to be a juggernaut in basketball because they had a coach and staff that knew what the hell they were doing. Three out of the last four coaches after Knight (Davis, Crean, Archie) didn't know what the hell they were doing and you saw the results. 

I'm not ready to put Woodson in the same conversation because the jury is still out, but if he continues to strike out on the recruiting front he's going to join that crew rather shortly. 

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I LOL at some of the posts on this message board. Let’s all accept mediocrity because we’re not Indiana of the ‘80s.

FYI - it’s OK if passionate fans think Indiana should be an easier sell to recruits than Tennessee or Arkansas. It’s a good point and Indiana (in terms of basketball) absolutely is. It what makes us still a top 10-15 job in the country. CMW would absolutely disagree with some of these posters that think otherwise. 

Another person that gets it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, ledies22 said:

and this is you "not turning on" the coaching staff?

The honeymoon with Woodson is over. This is his roster going forward and had every ample opportunity to improve it over the course of this season. There's still some time left in the portal. We're now in the fall back stage of things. I hope it works out for him. 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Ledlum would have been IU's leading scorer next year. He'll likely lead Tennessee in scoring next year as well.

That's good stuff.  Definitely worth me sifting through the other stuff you've been posting.  

I'm 41, been posting with the board or iterations of this board for 15ish years.  How many recruiting cycles have you paid attention too?  This is so far from over.  Ledlum would have scored about half his career avg for IU.  This board is full of people who care mostly about IU basketball and college basketball above nearly all else in life.  You might be the only person in the country that thinks Ledlum would be IU's leading scorer, much less this board.  

OK, back to my popcorn.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

FYI - it’s OK if passionate fans think Indiana should be an easier sell to recruits than Tennessee or Arkansas. It’s a good point and Indiana (in terms of basketball) absolutely is. It what makes us still a top 10-15 job in the country. CMW would absolutely disagree with some of these posters that think otherwise. 

What makes Indiana an easier sell than those two? You guys keep saying that, but you don't give any reasons why, you don't give any examples of why you think that? Why should it be easier to sell to recruits to come to IU compared to Tennessee/Ark? 

2020-21- avg attendance- Tennessee 18K, IU 15.5K, Ark 19K ... as a reference point. 

I'm telling you right now.. If I had the choice to go to school in Knoxville or Bloomington, I'm taking Knoxville. Now, that is just the cities as a comparison... I get that... And yes, we are a Top 15 job in the country, no doubt. You'd be hard pressed to convince me we are a Top 15 destination in the country, though, for recruits. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

The honeymoon with Woodson is over. This is his roster going forward and had every ample opportunity to improve it over the course of this season. There's still some time left in the portal. We're now in the fall back stage of things. I hope it works out for him. 

and you are this over the top because he missed out on a recruit. 

How do you think his performance is on the court during the seasons?

Trying trying to figure out why i am sitting here imagining you with a vein popped out of your head and slamming your keyboard over Ledlum.

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Alabama has always been a football school. They've never been dominant in basketball. They're very good at basketball right now because they have a coach that knows what he is doing. I'm not so sure what is so hard to understand about that?

IU used to be a juggernaut in basketball because they had a coach and staff that knew what the hell they were doing. Three out of the last four coaches after Knight (Davis, Crean, Archie) didn't know what the hell they were doing and you saw the results. 

I'm not ready to put Woodson in the same conversation because the jury is still out, but if he continues to strike out on the recruiting front he's going to join that crew rather shortly. 

Nate Oats is good not very good.  2 sweet 16s with that talent. Let’s not get carried away. 

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

and you all this over the top because he missed out on a recruit.

IU doesn't have a proven scorer on the roster. IU's primary need out of the portal was a proven scorer. We've yet to land one (still). 

How do you think his performance is on the court during the seasons?

He'll be UT's highest usage player and in theory should be their leading scorer. UT just jumped from 18 to #2 in Bart Torvik's preseason rankings for next year with the addition of Ledlum. He'd be IU's go to player without a doubt given his versatility. 

Trying trying to figure out why i am sitting here imagining you with a vein popped out of your head and slamming your keyboard over Ledlum.

And I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I stumbled upon  Rainbow and Unicorn Land in a message board about Indiana basketball. Weird. 

Edited by IndyResident16

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You're talking about one end of two extremes.  The other side thinks the staff is incompetent if they don't land every recruit they want and win every game.  That's equally ridiculous.

I don’t think most fans think the staff is incompetent - I certainly don’t, but it’s fair to ask questions and it’s OK to hold a differing opinion that may not be what you or others hold. It’s fair to say that Ledlum was a tough miss because he is a good player and the staff did invest time in him.  CMW as an alum and former player understands our passionate fan base. Among other things, our fans make Indiana, Indiana. 

These next couple weeks will be enormous in terms of who we get and what our prospects are in fielding a legit contender for next year. I am optimistic Woodson gets it done but I would be lying if I told you I wouldn’t be disappointed if he didn’t. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Another person that gets it.

No, it's simply another person who aligns with your extreme opinion of the program.  That's not "getting it" and you're being absolutely ridiculous.  I'm done engaging with you until you're over your little tantrum here.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

IU doesn't have a proven scorer on the roster. IU's primary need out of the portal was a proven scorer. We've yet to land one (still). 

He'll be UT's highest usage player and in theory should be their leading scorer. UT just jumped from 18 to #2 in Bart Torvik's preseason rankings for next year with the addition of Ledlum. He'd be IU's go to player without a doubt given his versatility. 

And I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I stumbled upon in Rainbow and Unicorn Land in a message board about Indiana basketball. Weird. 

I meant Woodson. How do you think Woodson has performed on the court during the season.

I am sitting here trying to figure out why you are so emotionally distraught when we are 7 months away from season and for f***'s sake the roster isnt even set yet.

There is no reason to get heart palpitations quite yet. if this is the roster we carry into the season i will be with you and worry a bit, but not even that much until we see the product.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I don’t think most fans think the staff is incompetent - I certainly don’t, but it’s fair to ask questions and it’s OK to hold a differing opinion that may not be what you or others hold. It’s fair to say that Ledlum was a tough miss because he is a good player and the staff did invest time in him.  CMW as an alum and former player understands our passionate fan base. Among other things, our fans make Indiana, Indiana. 

These next couple weeks will be enormous in terms of who we get and what our prospects are in fielding a legit contender for next year. I am optimistic Woodson gets it done but I would be lying if I told you I wouldn’t be disappointed if he didn’t. 

I'm fine with differing opinions and I don't mind debate at all.  Where I push back is when a poster puts forth an opinion as fact and tells everyone who disagrees that they "don't get it."  It's April.  I'm not at all concerned.  I won't be concerned if nothing has changed in two weeks either.  I think everyone would agree that IU is pretty thin at SF, at least in proven production, but a lot will change between now and November...I'd bet on it.

• Like 3

The lack of activity on wings can probably traced to two things:

1. Woody and Co think the current players on our roster are ready to step up and haven’t prioritized wing transfers to the degree we think they should’ve. (Hope this is the case)

2. The transfer prospects saw our offense last year. Opposing coaches just need to show the tape. What those tapes will show is Miller Kopp sitting in the corner and a 5 star in Tamar Bates basically producing nothing. The wing position under Woody has been the secondary option in both of his years here. Maybe Woody was a victim of his circumstances (injuries, the dominance of TJD, missed recruits, etc.). And our staff can say that they are going to change the offense until they are blue in the face, but until there’s tape on how they want the offense to look we are at a disadvantage.

Just calling a spade a spade. This is not a doom and gloom post and overall I’m optimistic. I’m not saying the offense CAN’T develop into this, but some need to align their expectations with reality. Selling this ‘vision’ is an uphill battle because right now, that’s all it is: a vision. Especially when other coaches can swoop in with tape of elite wings who’ve had success in their own programs. 

I’m going to ask an honest question….

If you are a wing who is a top transfer in the portal - a 3 level scorer with NBA aspirations - are you going to go to IU based on the way our offense has played the last 2 years?? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

The lack of activity on wings can probably traced to two things:

1. Woody and Co think the current players on our roster are ready to step up and haven’t prioritized wing transfers to the degree we think they should’ve. (Hope this is the case)

2. The transfer prospects saw our offense last year. Opposing coaches just need to show the tape. What those tapes will show is Miller Kopp sitting in the corner and a 5 star in Tamar Bates basically producing nothing. The wing position under Woody has been the secondary option in both of his years here. Maybe Woody was a victim of his circumstances (injuries, the dominance of TJD, missed recruits, etc.). And our staff can say that they are going to change the offense until they are blue in the face, but until there’s tape on how they want the offense to look we are at a disadvantage.

Just calling a spade a spade. This is not a doom and gloom post and overall I’m optimistic. I’m not saying the offense CAN’T develop into this, but some need to align their expectations with reality. Selling this ‘vision’ is an uphill battle because right now, that’s all it is: a vision. Especially when other coaches can swoop in with tape of elite wings who’ve had success in their own programs. 

I’m going to ask an honest question….

If you are a wing who is a top transfer in the portal - a 3 level tscorer with NBA aspirations - are you going to go to IU based on the way our offense has played the last 2 years?? 

Looking at the quality of shot we got, having XJ+Cupps+TG, adding rim protection... plus seeing that is basically the only spot we need... I can't imagine why a wing wouldn't give us a listen. 

• Like 1